• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Backup GK if/when Leno goes
Backup RB to Tomiyasu
New CM/CDM: Ndidi, Tielemans, Palhinha, Guimaraes or Kessie
New ST: Haaland, Vlahovic or David

TornadoTed

Established Member
I would like to see us putting faith in the majority of our current starting XI and start next season with the squad something like this,

GK - Ramsdale, New GK, Okonkwo/Hein

DL - Tierney, Tavares
DC - Gabriel, White, Saliba, Holding
DR - Tomiyasu, New RB

MC - Partey, New CM, Lokonga, Xhaka, Patino/Azeez

AM - Saka, Ødegaard, Martinelli, ESR, New AM, Nelson?

SC - New SC, Lacazette

Out - Leno, Okonkwo/Hein (loan), Kolasinac, Soares, Mari, Chambers, Bellerin, AMN, Elneny, Patino/Azeez (loan), Pepe, Auba, Nketiah, Balogun (loan)

Any new GK and RB basically need to be solid enough and reliable when called upon because they aren't going to play much ahead of Ramsdale and Tomiyasu.

I have lumped all of the attacking midfielders together, yes Saka is better on the right, Ode in the middle etc. but they are all comfortable playing anywhere across the 3 behind the striker so we need another option who can fit in anywhere and be fluid.

The striker and central midfielder will be the 2 players to elevate the team to the next level and will be the difference between a good team and potentially a great one. I honestly don't know who those players will be but I will back our scouting team after last summers successful window. I know it will most likely be a lot easier if we manage to sneak into 4th this season and get back in the Champions League. Maybe not a popular opinion but I would offer Laca another year extension if he will take it and keep Xhaka to ease the pressure on those two key players coming in.

There’s been a little talk (limited, due to the cost) about osimhen, but we should stop at nothing to sign him. He’s just about the only realistic option out there that gives us everything we could possibly want in terms of quality (pressing, link up play, finishing, Ariel ability, hold up). He’s literally the perfect age to be an upgrade on laca but is really just coming into his prime. I think he’s a premier league style striker although would take some adaptation, but is experienced enough to come in and make an impact right away. The caveat of course, Napoli would ask for 100+ but I’d still do it as he could lead the line for the next 5 years plus and he’s not just one for the future

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
More hardworkers South Americans, Bruno Guimaraes and Lautaro Martinez, also Matheuzinho from Flamengo to be a sub RB. They would add more work rate, sheer power and unpredictabily to the side.

I would love to see Arsenal in the race for the next Brazilian magician Arthur Wenderroscky too, in the radar of City and Liverpool, thinks he would fit well in Arsenal's squad.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Three CM that I would love at Arsenal: 1- Fabian Ruiz, 2- Locatelli, 3- Bruno Guimarães. In the ideal world Fabian Ruiz would be the best option to line up with Thomas, but whatever Locatelli or Bruno Guimarães would be very nice too. Potential World Class players.

Others I feel it is a downgrade too much, and barely better than Xhaka. I mean a outside chance to get Rodrigo Bentancur for around 40M would still worth a bet too, he is not as good as Locatelli, but I bet he would already improve the CM position in the team.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Three CM that I would love at Arsenal: 1- Fabian Ruiz, 2- Locatelli, 3- Bruno Guimarães. In the ideal world Fabian Ruiz would be the best option to line up with Thomas, but whatever Locatelli or Bruno Guimarães would be very nice too. Potential World Class players.

Others I feel it is a downgrade too much, and barely better than Xhaka. I mean a outside chance to get Rodrigo Bentancur for around 40M would still worth a bet too, he is not as good as Locatelli, but I bet he would already improve the CM position in the team.
It obviously won't happen, but what a January it would be if we brought in Bruno G & Vlahovic. That's a proper statement of intent.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I would like to see us putting faith in the majority of our current starting XI and start next season with the squad something like this,

GK - Ramsdale, New GK, Okonkwo/Hein

DL - Tierney, Tavares
DC - Gabriel, White, Saliba, Holding
DR - Tomiyasu, New RB

MC - Partey, New CM, Lokonga, Xhaka, Patino/Azeez

AM - Saka, Ødegaard, Martinelli, ESR, New AM, Nelson?

SC - New SC, Lacazette

Out - Leno, Okonkwo/Hein (loan), Kolasinac, Soares, Mari, Chambers, Bellerin, AMN, Elneny, Patino/Azeez (loan), Pepe, Auba, Nketiah, Balogun (loan)

Any new GK and RB basically need to be solid enough and reliable when called upon because they aren't going to play much ahead of Ramsdale and Tomiyasu.

I have lumped all of the attacking midfielders together, yes Saka is better on the right, Ode in the middle etc. but they are all comfortable playing anywhere across the 3 behind the striker so we need another option who can fit in anywhere and be fluid.

The striker and central midfielder will be the 2 players to elevate the team to the next level and will be the difference between a good team and potentially a great one. I honestly don't know who those players will be but I will back our scouting team after last summers successful window. I know it will most likely be a lot easier if we manage to sneak into 4th this season and get back in the Champions League. Maybe not a popular opinion but I would offer Laca another year extension if he will take it and keep Xhaka to ease the pressure on those two key players coming in.
I'm more or less thinking along the same line. I would get rid of Xhaka, though, tired of that guy and he earns too much to be a bench player (£100k/week). I am also fully expecting Nelson to leave permanently (not hacking it at Feyenoord). Other than that I'm completely on board with these signings.

Personally, I would try to get a CM in January to replace Partey while he's at AFCON and as a longterm replacement of Xhaka. My absolute dream signing would be Frenkie de Jong, but I doubt he's attainable let alone in January. I also like Ruben Neves, but I doubt he'd come in January either. Both are a good age to immediately make an impact and to perform consistently. I'm charmed by Maxence Caqueret, but he falls more in the talent category (like Bellingham and Gravenberch). His partner at Lyon, Bruno Guimaraes, is 24 and his statistical profile really fits with what we need. He ranks in top percentiles for both progressive passes (Xhaka as well) ánd progressive dribbles (Xhaka not so much). Also high pressures and tackles. Lastly he's doing quite well in terms of xA (not so much xG).

The AM would be a RW in my eyes to replace Pepe. Antony of Ajax is my preferred signing. Absolute menace for every fullback facing him in the CL. Diaz or Raphinha would be a good alternative.

For RB I would look at Noussair Mazraoui, also at Ajax. Running out of a contract in the summer and is absolutely class going forward, while being solid defensively. Would provide a different type of player compared to Tomi and he wouldn't expect to instantly start for us while providing solid competition.

Striker is the most difficult position for me. I would let Lacazette go at the end of the season. Not worth upgrading his £180k contract to extend his stay as a bench player. Would rather loan Balogun to a competitive team in January and bring him in as proper second choice next season. I like Isak, ever since I've seen him in the Eredivisie. Can create a lot with his dribbling and pace and gets in great positions to score. His goals have dried up this season, though, and with the previously touted fee around 80m it's too big of a gamble to me. Same goes with Vlahovic. Looks exciting and confident, but take away the penalties and not that much remains. His statistical profile isn't that impressive. However, one should never discount a scoring striker and he looks a physical handful for defenders. It seems to me the striker position warrants the most important marquee signing. Perhaps we should try again for Lautaro Martinez. Adds some star power to the team and his statistical profile, also in terms of pressing from the front, is pretty impressive. Almost 1 goal per 90 in the Serie A this season (xG 0.53), that's very impressive. Currently leaning towards him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
This is how I'm currently analysing our squad:

Winter

Out: Calum Chambers (€5m, £50k), Pablo Marí (free, £85k), Ainsley Maitland-Niles (€10m, £50k), Lucas Torreira (€15m, £70k), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (€15m, £250k), Eddie Nketiah (€5m, £45k)

Total: €50m, £550k/week wages saved

Summer

Out: Bernd Leno (€10m, £100k), Hector Bellerin (€10m, £110k), Cedríc Soares (free, £75K), Sead Kolasinac (free, £100k), Matteo Guendouzi (€12m, £40k), Mohamed Elneny (free, £50k), Granit Xhaka (€20m, £100k) Nicolas Pepe (€30m, £140k) Alexandre Lacazette (free, £180k)

Total: €82m, £900k/week wages saved

That leaves us with the following squad, I’ve already added where I think we need new signings.

GK – Aaron Ramsdale, new signing, Okonkwo
RB – Takehiro Tomiyasu, new signing
LB – Kieran Tierney, Nuno Tavares,
CB – Ben White, William Saliba, Gabriel Magalhaes, Rob Holding
CM – Thomas Partey, new signing, Sambi Lokonga, Charlie Patino
(possibly Kamara on a free if Patino isn't deemed ready for the fourth slot)
AM – Bukayo Saka, Martin Ødegaard, new signing, Emile Smith-Rowe, Gabriel Martinelli
ST – new signing, Folarin Balogun

chessygoal

I'll ony talk about players I have seen extensively :
CM : Caqueret is my number 1 option, he'd be perfect alongside Partey. I'm personally not a fan of Bruno Guimaraes, always felt he was too slow for PL football.
AM/ST : Mohamed Ali Cho, Angers needs money, still very raw so big clubs won't go after him, it would be a risky move and he's probably still a few months away from being better than our current options, but I really like what I saw from him. I'm sure next season he'll start scoring goals for fun.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Lingard
Sterling
Isak
Jude
Alex Scott (Bristol City)
Harrison Burrows (Peterborough Utd)
Fabio Carvalho (Fulham)

Zaza

I'll ony talk about players I have seen extensively :
CM : Caqueret is my number 1 option, he'd be perfect alongside Partey. I'm personally not a fan of Bruno Guimaraes, always felt he was too slow for PL football.
AM/ST : Mohamed Ali Cho, Angers needs money, still very raw so big clubs won't go after him, it would be a risky move and he's probably still a few months away from being better than our current options, but I really like what I saw from him. I'm sure next season he'll start scoring goals for fun.
Big Caqueret fan but the club will probably not move for him as we have Patino coming up.

Rattata

I would try to convince Gabriel Jesus to join the club. Only one year left on his contract in summer and he's quite similiar to Lacazette.
Proven PL player and would fit the transfer philosophy since he turns 25 in April.

Makavelii

There’s been a little talk (limited, due to the cost) about osimhen, but we should stop at nothing to sign him. He’s just about the only realistic option out there that gives us everything we could possibly want in terms of quality (pressing, link up play, finishing, Ariel ability, hold up). He’s literally the perfect age to be an upgrade on laca but is really just coming into his prime. I think he’s a premier league style striker although would take some adaptation, but is experienced enough to come in and make an impact right away. The caveat of course, Napoli would ask for 100+ but I’d still do it as he could lead the line for the next 5 years plus and he’s not just one for the future
I didn't know about this guy. Just looked him up and watched some clips. Wow! I'm sold. He's the full package.
Is it right as well that none of his Napoli goals are penalties? If so that makes his goal stats more impressive.

N@th@n

I didn't know about this guy. Just looked him up and watched some clips. Wow! I'm sold. He's the full package.
Is it right as well that none of his Napoli goals are penalties? If so that makes his goal stats more impressive.
Liked him at Lille but stats wise he's got 15G in 35A over 2 seasons at Napoli. Decent numbers but nothing amazing.

He's got the raw materials to be a top player but so do a few other options and this guy has already gone for a big fee once. It would take silly money to get him and he's not a guaranteed success.

Liked him at Lille but stats wise he's got 15G in 35A over 2 seasons at Napoli. Decent numbers but nothing amazing.

He's got the raw materials to be a top player but so do a few other options and this guy has already gone for a big fee once. It would take silly money to get him and he's not a guaranteed success.
Yeah I think that’s correct no penalty goals. And the price would be astronomical, but if we’re looking for a very specific fit, I think it would be worth the price as he’s only 23 I think and would be ready to start almost immediately. If it’s a difference of paying 80 for vlahovic or 100 for osimhen, I know which way I would go. I think he is just as strong at holding up the ball, but much better link up play than vlahovic. I’m just not sure vlahovic can run as much as it seems our forwards are asked to

Latest posts+

Top Bottom