• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Lord Dula

Established Member
With current speclation, I'd like the following to materialise:-

Out: Hleb £15m, Gilberto £2m

In: Nasri £12m, Zhirkov £?m, Arshavin £14-18m?, Bischoff (if only to bolster squad no.s)

Plus I want some out the blue deals for a centre back and central mid.

mccroix

Don't see us signing Zhirkov or Arshavin and I don't think we need them. Zhirkov isn't the type of player who would fit I think and Arshavin isn't worth the money his club wants for him

Jaded

I'm just waiting for someone to name Thiago Neves.

This year is perhaps the first year i watched Brasilerao and Copa Libertadores faithfully, and Thiago Neves caught my eyes every single time he plays. Those magical left foot is something to behold. Scored a hattrick in the second leg of the final (Flu lost though). He plays more of an advanced role as an attacking midfielder almost a support striker like where he can use his vision and his passing skill to such a devastating effect. His dead ball skills is even better, almost perfect how he swing his left foot to the ball and almost 70% of the time, he either score or at least on target. His first touch, his movement, his dribbling just shows how talented this guy is.

The only things that worried me is he sometimes tends to dive quite a bit. He's quite sturdy, i don't see any reason why need to do any of those theatric fall.

Anyway, I think he and Hernanes will be such a quality player for any top club.

gunnerama911

Last I heard Man Utd were leading the chase for Thiago Neves. Utd have a partnership with Fluminense so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there.

nazo

Established Member
Manchester United are in the leading pack to land Fluminense midfielder Thiago Neves.

Italian sources say AC Milan and Roma have been overtaken by United and Benfica in the race for the 23 year-old attacking midfielder, who can also play on the wing.

Fluminense rate Thiago Neves in the £8 million class.

From Tribal Football a while ago.

RammiXP

This is what i would love to see after observing out transfer activity and believe it would make us stronger as a team and is also affordable!

Out

Flamini
Adebayor
Helb
Hoyte/Eboue

In

Nasri
Ramsey
Arshavin
Barry

i would think this would mean us having a net spend of about 12 million (which i think is good business)

Only question mark is Gilberto and his possible move if that was the case we would then maybe be able to bring in a CB!

SamGooner

RammiXP said:
This is what i would love to see after observing out transfer activity and believe it would make us stronger as a team and is also affordable!

Out

Flamini
Adebayor
Helb
Hoyte/Eboue

In

Nasri
Ramsey
Arshavin
Barry

i would think this would mean us having a net spend of about 12 million (which i think is good business)

Only question mark is Gilberto and his possible move if that was the case we would then maybe be able to bring in a CB!

totally agree but i would add a CB cover and possibly sell senderos. Probably buy someone like kompany and Zhirkov convert to LW

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
i think he means LB. and i hope i'm right because if no then he really is crazy. i bet he gets relegated every year on FM with those kind of tactics.

I wish for Sergio Aguero and an upgraded version of John Terry (now with penalty taking abilities)

raidersoftheark

Established Member
1. A bullish CB in the Terry/Vidic mould - Any ideas people?
2. A CDM that can clean up the debris in midfield and has a good passing range - Toulalan, maybe? He'd be fecking pricey though.
3. Zhirkov - He'd walk into our first XI on the wing, and would be more than an excellent choice as backup for Clichy should he pick up a knock. Pranjic would also be a good shout, I feel.

Then maybe get a couple of kids.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
doesn't Lorik Cana play both CD and DM?

Gilberto and Petit were great CD/DM combinations so it might work

Latest posts+

Top Bottom