• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Lord Dula

Established Member
YeahBee said:
doesn't Lorik Cana play both CD and DM?

Gilberto and Petit were great CD/DM combinations so it might work

Yeah, to be honest,I dont think Cana's really bothered whether or not he pick up his yellows at the back or in the midfield

Goons AFC

Postions of need by importance, followed by players I would want, in order of preference:

Defensive Minded Central Midfielder - Essien, Toulalan, Barry
Keeper - Frey, Akinfeev, Matt Reis
Centre Back - Naldo, Christopher Samba, Kompany
Striker (if Ade leaves) - Villa, Aguero, Huntelaar

Keeping in mind, this is a wishlist, and will never happen.

mccroix

Goons AFC said:
Postions of need by importance, followed by players I would want, in order of preference:

Defensive Minded Central Midfielder - Essien, Toulalan, Barry
Keeper - Frey, Akinfeev, Matt Reis
Centre Back - Naldo, Christopher Samba, Kompany
Striker (if Ade leaves) - Villa, Aguero, Huntelaar

Keeping in mind, this is a wishlist, and will never happen.

Don't think Toulalan is dynamic enough, looks quite average to me
Naldo is overrated because he is good going forward, Samba is a bit more reliable than Senderos, I'd take him but there are better players around.
Kompany is injury prone and not strong enough for me. If we replace Will or Kolo I want a big strong defender like Vidic, not Kompany.

Goons AFC

makaveli tha don said:
Naldo is overrated because he is good going forward, Samba is a bit more reliable than Senderos, I'd take him but there are better players around.
Kompany is injury prone and not strong enough for me. If we replace Will or Kolo I want a big strong defender like Vidic, not Kompany.

Agreed with most of your points (I really rate Toulalan), but I'm struggling to find good centre backs. Even in the wishlist, I'm realizing players like Vidic won't be going to Arsenal anytime soon. So makaveli, who you suggest at the CB position?

mccroix

Goons AFC said:
makaveli tha don said:

Agreed with most of your points (I really rate Toulalan), but I'm struggling to find good centre backs. Even in the wishlist, I'm realizing players like Vidic won't be going to Arsenal anytime soon. So makaveli, who you suggest at the CB position?

of course it's not easy, you're right...but then again I think, Vidic almost came out of the blue, about time we scout a good no name CB I think.

RammiXP

makaveli tha don said:
Goons AFC said:
makaveli tha don said:

of course it's not easy, you're right...but then again I think, Vidic almost came out of the blue, about time we scout a good no name CB I think.

rubbish vidic had been on our radar for a good year before he signed for Manure, There was a point where both him and Nickli Zigic where linked, i wanted us to get Vidic so badly after watching him play for (red star i think) he was immense and i honestly thought we would get him. it all went cold and he ended up going to Moscow instead and after we all know what happend.

What a shame the guy is a great player.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Over the top perhaps, but I think I would literally cry tears of joy if we sign Barry and a Hleb replacement.

nazo

Established Member
He's too fat and lazy. Another Brazilian talent wasted.

My wish-list:
-Boruc? (can't think of any other good gks, maybe Akinfeev?)
-CB (can't think of any)
-DM
-Aguero/Arshavin/or that Italian guy.

What we'll most likely get:
Bischoff (or whatever the heck his name is) and that's it.

Someone shoot me.

Anzac

Established Member
not a wish but an observation - it would appear from recent reports that the Euro elite may have finished their summer spending - Barca & others having signed 5 players!!!

In contrast the PL has done virtually nothing!!!!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

My wish would be the transfer market to close.
I don't think we will be signing anyone, so I fear more players will leave.

qs

Established Member
Eh Wenger said he needed a midfielder so I think we can expect a new player before the window closes, probably a full back.

Anzac

Established Member
qs said:
Eh Wenger said he needed a midfielder so I think we can expect a new player before the window closes, probably a full back.

I'm not sure on that unless he thinks it's a real weakness - don't we still have that Brazilian LB on loan in Spain???? He should be qualified after another season & is the same age as Traore isn't he??

Top Bottom