• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

sykesy69

For me a dream window would be a bit like:

Osimehn/Nunez/Abraham/Scamacca type striker. Looks like we're keeping Nketiah, I would prefer a different profile of striker in the squad
Gnabry would a major coup, but doubtful. Feel like we need an upgrade and more seasoned LW
Paqueta if we are trying to move to a more 4-3-3 we saw before Partey went down, Paqueta looks to be able to create, pass, dribble, press and looks like he has a good work ethic with better verticality than a Tielemans
N'dicka saw the wheels fall off a bit towards the end of the season with injuries, with Saliba coming back as a RCB I'd like better competition at LCB and Holding as 5th choice or surplus
Hickey can't say I've seen him play, but seems as though the interest is there. Sounds like a decent prospect with versatility at LB/RB

With the squad how it currently stands (likes of Leno, Mari, Bellerin, Torreira departing), would take us to 26 I think. Then there's what to/can do with the likes of Pepe, Cedric, Tavares and Xhaka. Resigning ElNeny seems to have dashed an dreams this year of a Bissouma type signing :(

Arteta said he wanted a squad of 25, Liverpool's this season was 27 and impressively City got it done with 20!!

1653745125603.png

Harry Hunter

Semi-realistic wish list:
Transfers out:

Leno - £10m
Bellerin - £10m
Mavropanos - £3m
Mari - £3m
Tavares - Don’t care just get gone
Maitland-niles - £7m
Torreira - £13m
Guendouzi - £9m
Pepe - £25m
Lacazette - Free but wages cleared

Total = £80m

Probably missed a couple more and the prices I’m just guessing tbh.

Loan:
Azeez
Patino
Norton-cuffy
Hutchinson
Balogun

Hopefully the last 4 integrated into the first team the following season, replacing Holding, Cedric, Nelson and Nketiah. Can’t see Azeez and Patino breaking into the team just yet. Probably some other youngsters that could do with a loan that I am forgetting like that Mexican kid.

Possibly Ioan Lokonga as well as we decided to extend Elneny for some reason.

Transfers in:
Turner - Already done and hopefully provides good backup/competition to Ramsdale.
Hickey - Would love Zinchenko as provides midfield cover but Hickey looks decent can play right back and Tavares is awful. £18m
Milinkovic-Savic - Absolutely 0% chance of this happening especially with Xhaka here but it is a wish list after all and my god what a signing this would be, only 27 years old as well I thought he was older. £47m
Jesus - versatile forward who can cover all attacking positions I would prefer to bring Gnabry back however. £35m
Scammaca - 6’5” target man exactly what this team needs, also has cool tattoos. £30m

That’s only 4 signings not including Turner but would improve our team significantly.

Maybe that Marquinhos guy as well but seems unnecessary.

Total = £130m
Net spend = £50m

Saliba and Nelson to return from loan with the former getting significant minutes at both centre back and right back. Nelson mainly as backup but he deserves a chance here I remember when he was once as highly rated as Sancho.

Squad for 2022/23:
Ramsdale, Turner, Okwonkwo
Tomiyasu, Cedric, (Hickey, White, Saliba)
Gabriel, White, Saliba, Holding, (Tomiyasu)
Tierney, Hickey, (Tomiyasu, Cedric)
Partey, Milinkovic-Savic, Xhaka, Elneny/Lokonga
Ødegaard(C), ESR, (Milinkovic-Savic)
Saka, Nelson, (Jesus)
Scammaca, Nketiah, (Jesus, Martinelli)
Jesus, Martinelli, (ESR)

Starting XI:
Jesus Scammaca Saka
Milinkovic-Savic Partey Ødegaard(C)
Tierney Gabriel White Tomiyasu
Ramsdale

Backup XI:
Martinelli Nketiah Nelson
ESR Xhaka Elneny/Lokonga
Hickey Holding Saliba Cedric
Turner(Okwonkwo)

It’s not perfect but can definitely challenge for Europa League and possibly top 4.

Also if Nketiah gets number 14 I am going to kill myself.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In:
Holding new deal
Ben Mee 20m
Max Aarons 30m
Hickie 20m
Champions League Ceballos 30m
Nketiah new deal
Ollie Watkins 45m
Mason Greenwood 60m

ChefMan21

Semi-realistic wish list:
Transfers out:

Leno - £10m
Bellerin - £10m
Mavropanos - £3m
Mari - £3m
Tavares - Don’t care just get gone
Maitland-niles - £7m
Torreira - £13m
Guendouzi - £9m
Pepe - £25m
Lacazette - Free but wages cleared

Total = £80m

Probably missed a couple more and the prices I’m just guessing tbh.

Loan:
Azeez
Patino
Norton-cuffy
Hutchinson
Balogun

Hopefully the last 4 integrated into the first team the following season, replacing Holding, Cedric, Nelson and Nketiah. Can’t see Azeez and Patino breaking into the team just yet. Probably some other youngsters that could do with a loan that I am forgetting like that Mexican kid.

Possibly Ioan Lokonga as well as we decided to extend Elneny for some reason.

Transfers in:
Turner - Already done and hopefully provides good backup/competition to Ramsdale.
Hickey - Would love Zinchenko as provides midfield cover but Hickey looks decent can play right back and Tavares is awful. £18m
Milinkovic-Savic - Absolutely 0% chance of this happening especially with Xhaka here but it is a wish list after all and my god what a signing this would be, only 27 years old as well I thought he was older. £47m
Jesus - versatile forward who can cover all attacking positions I would prefer to bring Gnabry back however. £35m
Scammaca - 6’5” target man exactly what this team needs, also has cool tattoos. £30m

That’s only 4 signings not including Turner but would improve our team significantly.

Maybe that Marquinhos guy as well but seems unnecessary.

Total = £130m
Net spend = £50m

Saliba and Nelson to return from loan with the former getting significant minutes at both centre back and right back. Nelson mainly as backup but he deserves a chance here I remember when he was once as highly rated as Sancho.

Squad for 2022/23:
Ramsdale, Turner, Okwonkwo
Tomiyasu, Cedric, (Hickey, White, Saliba)
Gabriel, White, Saliba, Holding, (Tomiyasu)
Tierney, Hickey, (Tomiyasu, Cedric)
Partey, Milinkovic-Savic, Xhaka, Elneny/Lokonga
Ødegaard(C), ESR, (Milinkovic-Savic)
Saka, Nelson, (Jesus)
Scammaca, Nketiah, (Jesus, Martinelli)
Jesus, Martinelli, (ESR)

Starting XI:
Jesus Scammaca Saka
Milinkovic-Savic Partey Ødegaard(C)
Tierney Gabriel White Tomiyasu
Ramsdale

Backup XI:
Martinelli Nketiah Nelson
ESR Xhaka Elneny/Lokonga
Hickey Holding Saliba Cedric
Turner(Okwonkwo)

It’s not perfect but can definitely challenge for Europa League and possibly top 4.

Also if Nketiah gets number 14 I am going to kill myself.
If Milinkovic-Savic is available for under £60m, I really think we should be in for him. Big body, scores goals, creates goals, would bring a lot to this side. The goal scoring is important I think too if we can't secure a couple of 20+ goal strikers.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
My dream team

----------------Ramsdale
Tomi - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
--- Ødegaard - Partey - Nkuku
------Saka ---- Lewa --- João Félix

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What we suffered from the most:

Cbs getting injured
Fbs getting injured
Losing the physicality Partey brings
No mobile CF

An issue that didn't arise is losing Saka for a sustained period. So we need:

1 LCB
2 FBS
1 DM
1 WF

That's basically to mainatine our floor. In other words, if we lose both full backs or any cbs or Partey, we can basically field an 11 that is of similar ability and physicality.

In order to progress we need to add another CM and a CF.

Gk: Ramsdale, Turner, Okwonkwo
Lb: Tierney, Hickey
Rb: Tomi, Molina
Cb: White, Saliba, Holding
Cb: Gabriel, Ndicka
DM: Partey, Bissouma/Sangare, Elneny
CM: TIelemans, Xhaka, Lokonga
Am: Ødegaard, ESR
Rw: Saka, Marquinhos
Lw: Gnabry/ Gakpo/ Diaby, Martinelli
Cf: Jesus, Nketiah

I think that is top 4 material and capable of handling rotation and injuries.

Imagine, White,Tomi, Partey, Gnabry all get injured or suspended at the same time.

Saliba, Molina, Bissouma, Martinelli

Compare that to:

Holding, Cedric, Elneny, ESR

The physicality, the pace. Its on a completely different level. That's what gets you top 4 and deep progression in competitions. A squad.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
What we suffered from the most:

Cbs getting injured
Fbs getting injured
Losing the physicality Partey brings
No mobile CF

An issue that didn't arise is losing Saka for a sustained period. So we need:

1 LCB
2 FBS
1 DM
1 WF

That's basically to mainatine our floor. In other words, if we lose both full backs or any cbs or Partey, we can basically field an 11 that is of similar ability and physicality.

In order to progress we need to add another CM and a CF.

Gk: Ramsdale, Turner, Okwonkwo
Lb: Tierney, Hickey
Rb: Tomi, Molina
Cb: White, Saliba, Holding
Cb: Gabriel, Ndicka
DM: Partey, Bissouma/Sangare, Elneny
CM: TIelemans, Xhaka, Lokonga
Am: Ødegaard, ESR
Rw: Saka, Marquinhos
Lw: Gnabry/ Gakpo/ Diaby, Martinelli
Cf: Jesus, Nketiah

I think that is top 4 material and capable of handling rotation and injuries.

Imagine, White,Tomi, Partey, Gnabry all get injured or suspended at the same time.

Saliba, Molina, Bissouma, Martinelli

Compare that to:

Holding, Cedric, Elneny, ESR

The physicality, the pace. Its on a completely different level. That's what gets you top 4 and deep progression in competitions. A squad.
Hickey - 25m ( 99% we will get a LB)
Molina - 25m (50% it's realistic if Cedric out)
Ndicka - 15m (70% if Mari out)
Bissouma - 30m (50% no link about a DM)
Tielemans - 25m (100% we will get a 8)
Marquinhos - 3m (99% )
Gnabry - 40m (90% we get a winger if Pepe out)
Jesus - 45m (100% we will get a CF)

Total spend: 208m

Out:
Pepe - 25m
Torreira - 15m
Gendouzi -9m
Mavropanos - 3m
AMN - 10m
Mari - 8m
Tavares - loan
Bellerin - 10m
Leno - 10m

Total: 90m => Net spend 118m

TinFish

assna.png

Also:
Hickey
Bissouma
Marquinhos

OUT:
Pepe
Torreira
Gendouzi
Mavropanos
AMN
Mari
Bellerin
Leno

Loan:
Tavaras

I mean this is a quick mockup, not sure if Zinchenko plays in a defensive MF for Ukraine...

We need this to even stand a chance of top 4 to be honest. Bissouma can be substituted with Tielemans maybe. This for me would represent a good window where we address our biggest concerns. Of course we can do better but we wont.

Unfortunately I don't see us matching the expectations I set out above. No way we get Gnabry for example...sigh.

EL it is again next season fellas.

Gunners1616

Why does everyone think we have 200M+ to spend ?

I would be surprise if we manage to buy 3 players with Edu in charge....

Best case scenario would be Jesus + Tielemans + Hickey and we will have Saliba/AMN/Turner/Trusty to complete the squad

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Still quite hopeful that we add enough quality across all areas of the squad. I’m sure Edu and Arteta both know that we have to go for it if we want to keep up with the top 3, and probably United back on the scene as well.

Sp**s will be busy, but probably not as much. But it’s Conte’s experience that will make them relevant next season.

Bill

I think we need to not only aim for top4 next year with our squad stability resulting in prolonged financial success as a result but also work for the future seasons now and on the cheap.
Harry Souttar is no1 on my obscure wishlist...BFA!!! (BIG F#%@ing Aussie) I think before his injury he scored 7 goals last 8 matches *including friendly.
RB-Big Harry valued @5m euro
CF-Scamacca @ reported load option despite new contract so £35 option? (2nd CF)
LB-Zagadou -Free (loan out and maybe farm for cash?)
We have Tomi and Tierney as potential for back 3 also... with Zin n Hickey added with Saliba back could be interesting options for new formations?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Still quite hopeful that we add enough quality across all areas of the squad. I’m sure Edu and Arteta both know that we have to go for it if we want to keep up with the top 3, and probably United back on the scene as well.

Sp**s will be busy, but probably not as much. But it’s Conte’s experience that will make them relevant next season.
One of the annoying things of losing Top 4 to Sp**s is that they basically seem to be targeting the same players as us now. I don't think losing Champions League will have impacted us too much this season in terms of attracting players (obviously the financial impact is significant). But in a direct shoot out against a player that Tottenham are after we're gonna suffer.

It would be horrible if we end the window with a whole load of B-rate backup choices.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
One of the annoying things of losing Top 4 to Sp**s is that they basically seem to be targeting the same players as us now. I don't think losing Champions League will have impacted us too much this season in terms of attracting players (obviously the financial impact is significant). But in a direct shoot out against a player that Tottenham are after we're gonna suffer.

It would be horrible if we end the window with a whole load of B-rate backup choices.

Yeah I dont think our EL finish would impact our transfers as much, because we simply arent an elite destination, nor do we have the pull of Wenger anymore. We probably can still get away with the targets we had in mind, which are decent to good range I'd say. Of course, we'll see how that plays out.

Re Sp**s and them competing with us. CL and perhaps Conte brings them into the equation yes, but I suspect Edu has probably been working on our targets for a while now. So I would back us to get our targets in.

Emibury

Would anyone consider Pogba on a free if he wanted to come to London? For something like 45m in wages over three years? Unrealistic I guess, but he was so good during his time at Juve...

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom