• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I understand the Pandemic and the state of transfer market is one thing. Players' remaining contracts, wage demands and willingness is another. But 40M for this age group of quality players is really sad. Hopefully Edu and Vinai will do far better.
I hear you but I honestly think we've somehow left these player's with very little value. No minutes on the pitch, our own poverty play and clearly unwanted screams risk. I think we'll get nearer £30m

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need two midfielders with urgency now. We simply cannot go into the season with potentially just Xhaka and Lokonga. Tielemans is a no brainer for ~£30m.

But who else is available at the moment who would come here? I can't think of anyone obvious. Sangare is young and good?
Surprised we aren’t in for him, actually.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Sangre makes too much sense. We will look for a Rodri clone.
Doubt there's a Rodri clone in the market. That combination of defensive positional awareness, sound technique, long range shooting ability and height probably can't be found anywhere else.

If we look for a direct Partey replacement, Sangaré is the obvious choice. If we want someone who can break up play effectively but also be that metronome in midfield, I don't have a clear name in mind. Maybe that Danilo lad from Palmeiras that we were rumoured to be interested in?

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
- Gvardiol
-
Any 2 of these: Tielemans, Sangare, Neves, Caqueret, SMS
- Gouiri, Diaby,
Gakpo, Gnabry or Neto

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We should seriously be looking at Hudson-Odoi if Chelsea buy 2 wide players. He won't get a look in. He has so much 1v1 ability.

blrgooner

Established Member
We should seriously be looking at Hudson-Odoi if Chelsea buy 2 wide players. He won't get a look in. He has so much 1v1 ability.
Pretty good player. But too expensive in terms of wages for a player who is still nowhere near a complete product..
He would be a player whose value would reduce after the next contract( unless there is a reduction in wages) since there would be only 5-6 possible destinations for him. If the club wants to stay away from these kind of deals, I can completely understand that.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Gnabry, SMS/Tielemans, Loftus-Cheek, Martinez/equivalent, Zhegrova (if Pepe goes)
Jesus, Vieira

Lots of money spent (total around 260m this window I'd say), but this is a good side right here IMO. Pace, power, hard working, height.

Gnabry----Jesus-----Saka
-------SMS-----Ode
-----------Loftus
Marti--Saliba--White---Tomi
---------Ramsdale

Nketiah, Pepe/Zhegrova, Martinelli, Smith-Rowe, Vieira, Partey/Lokonga/Elneny, Gabriel, Tierney, Cedric, Turner.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pretty good player. But too expensive in terms of wages for a player who is still nowhere near a complete product..
He would be a player whose value would reduce after the next contract( unless there is a reduction in wages) since there would be only 5-6 possible destinations for him. If the club wants to stay away from these kind of deals, I can completely understand that.
Your thinking about the next contract? He's on big wages. He doesn't need to increase his wages on this contract. After 2 years if he has improved he can have an increase. He basically would he around Eddie's wage. Prove to be a serious player and and can get big money, if not he is still able to be sold due to his skillet, age and homegrown status.

blrgooner

Established Member
Your thinking about the next contract? He's on big wages. He doesn't need to increase his wages on this contract. After 2 years if he has improved he can have an increase. He basically would he around Eddie's wage. Prove to be a serious player and and can get big money, if not he is still able to be sold due to his skillet, age and homegrown status.
Well yes. He is earning 125k per week. If he is going to sign for us, it would be at around 150-175k per week at least.
There are very few signings which can be made at equal wages or lower wages as far as i understand.
From CHO`s point of view, it makes more sense then to go on loan and prove himself with the same wages instead of signing for a different team being on the same wages(Because of length of contract).
If we do end up paying 150k per week, that is more than most teams in the world can afford. in EPL outside top 6, there are hardly any teams which even pay 150k to their top earner. Outside EPL, situation is even worse. So basically we will end up with potentially top 5 EPL teams,Real Madrid,Barca, PSG and Maybe Bayern as potential buyers. Since this is a small pool of buyers, his value is not very likely to be high unless one of these teams are desperate to get him.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Who would be great at DM? Someone who offers deep passing ability, mobility with the ball to pass and move and height would be useful too?

Caqueret maybe has some tenacity to his game to go along with Modric like game. Ligue 1 is a good league to be physically tested too. Maybe a swap with Pepe involved.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Caqueret maybe has some tenacity to his game to go along with Modric like game. Ligue 1 is a good league to be physically tested too. Maybe a swap with Pepe involved.
Love Caqueret. I think he could work as a #6, but we'd need to provide him defensive support. Either by getting a CM who is defensively solid next to play next to him, or by utilizing two inverted full-backs.

Getting Caqueret and Zinchenko, for example, would be astute business.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom