• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
He is more expensive than Tielemans. We have already got Tielemans with small fee in January or free in the summer
Hmm yeah looks like he just signed new contract few weeks ago till 2025 with option to extend till 2026. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

GoonerBoy19

How is Olise doing in palace this season? Always thought he will do well here and could be good option since Saka/Martinelli haven't renewed the contract yet.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Got to be careful of hyped up players. I was all for Matheus Nunes. He had amazing performances in the Champions League vs City no less. Guy can't get in the Wolves side now.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Ivan Toney of Brentford seems to be highly thought of at the moment. Been reading up about him, made his debut for Northampton at 16. Had successful loan spells.
My Everton supporting Brother in Law, raves about there right back Nathan Patterson. Signed from Rangers FC, he is quick in setting up attacking moves.
Miguel Almuron, midfielder Newcastle United. Creative midfielder, can play wide, behind the striker. Paraguay International.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Got to be careful of hyped up players. I was all for Matheus Nunes. He had amazing performances in the Champions League vs City no less. Guy can't get in the Wolves side now.
Think he's still good, came into a Wolves side in shambles and hasn't been able to adapt yet.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Colwill, the lad from Chelsea on loan at Brighton looks really interesting, especially given the news we want a LCB. Chelsea very unlikely to sell to us, but they are going for that Gvardiol guy…
Shout x 2. Real talent. If we can get him off Chelsea that'd be a big win, especially as we lost out on Chukwuemeka to them (not that we need him now with a rapidly rising Lewis-Skelly soon coming).

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ivan Toney of Brentford seems to be highly thought of at the moment. Been reading up about him, made his debut for Northampton at 16. Had successful loan spells.
My Everton supporting Brother in Law, raves about there right back Nathan Patterson. Signed from Rangers FC, he is quick in setting up attacking moves.
Miguel Almuron, midfielder Newcastle United. Creative midfielder, can play wide, behind the striker. Paraguay International.
I think we can safely put Ivan Toney aside.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Can someone explain what I'm missing with Rice? I find him severely overrated.

To me he
  • doesn't like turning under pressure
  • doesn't move well to open up options for team mates
  • doesn't move well defensively to consistently impact the team in possession
  • doesn't have particularly impressive vision
  • isn't particulary good at connecting disparate parts of the team
He's athletic and a good technician but the way he plays for West Ham makes me think more of a worse version of Xhaka and I think he'd need a lot work to play the Partey positiion.

Why am I wrong?
He's a rich man's Jordan Henderson. Basically everything people who rate Jordan Henderson thinks Henderson is but better. Because he doesn't appear to be a standout in any specific area, he doesn't look as impressive but he's a pretty adaptable midfielder and an ever-present not just in terms of injuries but he's a big presence on the pitch. I'm reminded of the Euros last year where I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch. That really turned me around on him as I thought he was very overrated before aswell. I now only think he's slightly overrated :lol: but his appeal is very understandable to me, especially as someone who's grown up on the all-action English CM model. He fits it to a tee.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Been less occupied with looking at wingers lately, don't feel that moved by most of them other than perhaps Leao. I'm also entertained by the extremely faint and unlikely Nelson remontada that's possibly brewing (hope kills, guys). So I've been turning my attention to midfield as I still feel that's an area that needs some bolstering.

This is the guy I want. I watched a Gladbach game recently in the background while I was doing something and he really stood out.

I'm also interested to see anyone's thoughts on Fausto Vera - seen his name bandied about by a few Arsenal guys on twitter and only have the comps to go off. Bit like Danilo for me - looks good but not convinced.

My wild card is Romeo Lavia because we can't sign him till the Summer but he's already a PL starter and one of the better players in an inconsistent Southampton team. I knew he was gonna be good so I'm not surprised much.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Been less occupied with looking at wingers lately, don't feel that moved by most of them other than perhaps Leao. I'm also entertained by the extremely faint and unlikely Nelson remontada that's possibly brewing (hope kills, guys). So I've been turning my attention to midfield as I still feel that's an area that needs some bolstering.

This is the guy I want. I watched a Gladbach game recently in the background while I was doing something and he really stood out.

I'm also interested to see anyone's thoughts on Fausto Vera - seen his name bandied about by a few Arsenal guys on twitter and only have the comps to go off. Bit like Danilo for me - looks good but not convinced.

My wild card is Romeo Lavia because we can't sign him till the Summer but he's already a PL starter and one of the better players in an inconsistent Southampton team. I knew he was gonna be good so I'm not surprised much.

I'd hope we not only go in for Lavia but also his teammate Bella-Kotchap. He looks like he'll be a star too.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

My wild card is this guy, in fact I think i prefer him to Danilo as a Partey successor.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Has to be Kone for me. Danilo, Vera and all of these players in comps that are a snails pace avoid the fact that physicality is a necessity. Partey holds the midfield by himself, not only due to technical brilliance, but he is an absolute mountain of a man.

Kone has the height, speed and physical ability to play in midfield in England. He would cost a lot. He has a long contract, but there isn't a better young player in that mould to be honest.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction

If we look at 4:19 of this video, Koné's pass and vision are very similar than Partey.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I was very impressed with Lavia until he got injured as well. Doubt Southampton sell unless they get relegated though. Also, I think City have a buy back clause with him so it's a difficult signing either way.

My guy for the #6 spot at the moment is Manuel Ugarte from Sporting.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Has to be Kone for me. Danilo, Vera and all of these players in comps that are a snails pace avoid the fact that physicality is a necessity. Partey holds the midfield by himself, not only due to technical brilliance, but he is an absolute mountain of a man.

Kone has the height, speed and physical ability to play in midfield in England. He would cost a lot. He has a long contract, but there isn't a better young player in that mould to be honest.
I think that Kone video is the most impressive I seen if a DM. He looks absolutely spectacular in that video. Haven’t watched the player in full matches though

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Both Lavia and Koné look really good in these videos, but their stats are distinctly average. In any case it seems like there is no shortage of talented DM's and it's imperative we buy one this winter to cover Partey. I can't judge whether that should be Koné, Lavia or Danilo and I'm still hot on Caqueret although I dont know how he has been doing recently.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Can we pls just sign players in midfield to a very high technical level? I'm all for physicality but technique is first. Is there a Cazorla out there? Pedri and Gavi showed up everyone at this WC so far with their technical level and ability to dominate.

Newchange

Tyler adams has really impressed me this season both at Leeds and USA. Tenacious in the tackle, aggressive, leadership and he can play. I’d consider him a long term successor to Partey.

Latest posts

Top Bottom