• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ChefMan21

I'd probably go:

Barella
Lavia
Adeyemi
Fresneda

I think that gives us plenty of depth for a domestic and European campaign. Could bring it down to 3 players instead of 5 I guess and spend the same, but I like the depth, and have some (potentially unfounded) thought that perhaps one of Xhaka and Partey don't perform next season.

I love Barella, think of all the names and players out there in midfield he is truly outstanding - a wonderful, wonderful, midfielder. And Inter is a basketcase financially.

Lavia looks a talent and gives us an at least partially proven league performer - he may not be as good as others, but I don't think we could afford say Barella and Rice, so I think we have to make some trade offs, and he seems to have plenty of upside.

Adeyemi for that forward cover - can play on the right, but can also slot in at striker, and is a massive talent.

Fresneda for that extra cover at right back.

Honestly, some of the other names people have put out there are great and it's really nice to be in a position where they could be a realistic option for us - I feel like we're playing Pokemon and I want to catch them all.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I can see Rice do a 6,5-7/10 job at 8 at the most. The marauding box-to-box midfielder isn't really necessary in our style of play. I don't see him step it up a level compared to Xhaka in terms of goal/assist-contributions (5 goal contributions more or less). What makes people think he's special in that position? Genuine question.

I see how he can be an absolute unit at 6, although I prefer the type that's better at turning/dribbling out of pressure. I think he can receive the pass under pressure and combine his way out, which is also valuable. I also see him put good numbers tackling, intercepting and closing down players. His physicality is obviously a big plus there as well.

A player like Mac Allister has much more upside compared to Xhaka at 8 in my humble opinion.

Agreed but I would rather we start scouting other on-Brazilian South American venues than ever having to deal with Brighton again.

Playing hardball is fine in negotiations, but them acting aggrieved as though we acted in bad faith when they should really turn their ire on Caicedo's agents is childish.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
No one thought Xhaka would be able to play that position, I have no doubt in my mind Rice could do it and better, he's a much better player than Xhaka for me and I could see him adding goals and assists.

As you say though, at 6 I could also see him being solid, it's why he makes a great signing but I am starting to think he'll be our 8.
I agree he's a better player than Xhaka for that role, Xhaka has obvious limitations that are largely mitigated by our system, but I don't see him as the best option for that position, nevermind for the reported fee. I think with our dominant playstyle, we need a player there with more intricate feet to break down opposition. Don't see that in Rice.

Agreed but I would rather we start scouting other on-Brazilian South American venues than ever having to deal with Brighton again.

Playing hardball is fine in negotiations, but them acting aggrieved as though we acted in bad faith when they should really turn their ire on Caicedo's agents is childish.
Just an example Barella, Pedri, Bellingham (if we become Champions), Bernardo Silva are players who have a much better profile for the 8 than Rice in my opinion. We shouldn't let our emotions lead us, though, if Mac Allister would reasonably be available, I'd love for us to try.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can see Rice do a 6,5-7/10 job at 8 at the most. The marauding box-to-box midfielder isn't really necessary in our style of play. I don't see him step it up a level compared to Xhaka in terms of goal/assist-contributions (5 goal contributions more or less). What makes people think he's special in that position? Genuine question.

I see how he can be an absolute unit at 6, although I prefer the type that's better at turning/dribbling out of pressure. I think he can receive the pass under pressure and combine his way out, which is also valuable. I also see him put good numbers tackling, intercepting and closing down players. His physicality is obviously a big plus there as well.

A player like Mac Allister has much more upside compared to Xhaka at 8 in my humble opinion.

I kind of agree with you as Rice as an 8, but then again I never thought Xhaka could play there. I think it’s quite clear though that if we want Zinchenko in the role he’s in, we need a more defensive minded player on that side to cover him and allow for the rotations.

As a 6 though he’s the ideal player for us imo, for various reasons. He’s underrated on the ball as well for me, I’ve seen him escape pressure loads of time and whilst he isn’t Partey on the ball, he’s more than good enough in that regard imo. He’s also a phenomenal defender. We need to bring him in.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

West Ham are loco. If we’re breaking any British transfer record (I very much doubt we’ll ever do) I’ll rather we do it in signing Kvaratskhelia than doing it for Rice.

Agree with what @Rasmi is saying. Which of the two will have a bigger impact on our first eleven? That sort of money should be spent on a real star signing, the type of player that’ll help us win the CL.

Is Kvaratshelia that good?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Damn, you’re telling me this guy is world class but saying City will try sign Mitoma before?

@2Smokeyy this is a massive red flag for me already. Yikes.

The other two are probably more attainable than Kvaratshelia that’s probably why as De Laurentiis is a smart man. I honestly wouldn’t take Mitoma or Leao over Kvaratshelia.

For me it’s:

Kvaratshelia
Leao
Mitoma

In that order.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

The other two are probably more attainable than Kvaratshelia that’s probably why as De Laurentiis is a smart man. I honestly wouldn’t take Mitoma or Leao over Kvaratshelia.

For me it’s:

Kvaratshelia
Leao
Mitoma

In that order.

Leao looks crazy lazy, the body language experts would roast him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Leao looks crazy lazy, the body language experts would roast him.

People are obsessed in this era with players who just run around the pitch 🤣🤣🤣 would love to see how the likes of Ronaldinho, Zidane and even a Riquelme would be treated in this era of “he’s a top player because he’s presses”.

Explains the small sample size of top tier players across the globe nowadays.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

People are obsessed in this era with players who just run around the pitch 🤣🤣🤣 would love to see how the likes of Ronaldinho, Zidane and even a Riquelme would be treated in this era of “he’s a top player because he’s presses”.

Explains the small sample size of top tier players across the globe nowadays.

It's more how football has evolved though, can't really get away with it as much anymore.

Bloodbather

Established Member

People dreaming about Kvara are deluding themselves, imo. He won't leave Napoli this soon. It's his first season there, the fans adore him, they're about to win a historic title, and are killing it in the CL. Maybe in 2-3 years he might want a new challenge. He did say previously that he wants to play for Real Madrid at some point.

If Milan continue to get more shambolic, Leão might be in the cards eventually. I doubt it, though. As for Mitoma, would be a bit weird for us to get him right after we got the player that he displaced at Brighton, so I doubt that as well.

If we get a winger in the summer, it's probably going to be a RW, not a LW. I could see Moussa Diaby happening, for example.

Top Bottom