• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Also not picking on you Sebates. I just seen some names being branded around that I don't think make much sense in regards to what I think we need.
No worries mate, nothing wrong with having different opinions!

I agree on that midfield not being enough. I just struggle to see Rice ever doing what Partey is. Not talking about the general performance but rather nuances that makes Partey so good imo. Hence I’d rather someone that might be able to do it in the future.

Then again we might be looking to solidify more and Rice defensively would probably give Zinny more freedom as well as enabling a midfielder more akin to Ødegaard than Xhaka on the left as well…

On topic though, I’m still holding out for Bellingham and then Rice as well is a bit ott. Win PL, Madrid goes for Mbappe or such and Liverpool misses out on CL… Lots of things has to align but I refuse to give up :drool:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

No worries mate, nothing wrong with having different opinions!

I agree on that midfield not being enough. I just struggle to see Rice ever doing what Partey is. Not talking about the general performance but rather nuances that makes Partey so good imo. Hence I’d rather someone that might be able to do it in the future.

Then again we might be looking to solidify more and Rice defensively would probably give Zinny more freedom as well as enabling a midfielder more akin to Ødegaard than Xhaka on the left as well…

On topic though, I’m still holding out for Bellingham and then Rice as well is a bit ott. Win PL, Madrid goes for Mbappe or such and Liverpool misses out on CL… Lots of things has to align but I refuse to give up :drool:

I think this maaaaay be similar to what @MutableEarth has said as well, but I could be confused. While I understand, I think the issue is we just can't replace Partey like for like, and I still believe Rice can cover 80% of what he does while bringing the experience attribute as well as having lots of room to still grow.

Bellingham is the dream but I won't let myself get lost in it, I think Camavinga is more realistic if Madrid do sign Jude.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I think this maaaaay be similar to what @MutableEarth has said as well, but I could be confused. While I understand, I think the issue is we just can't replace Partey like for like, and I still believe Rice can cover 80% of what he does while bringing the experience attribute as well as having lots of room to still grow.

Bellingham is the dream but I won't let myself get lost in it, I think Camavinga is more realistic if Madrid do sign Jude.
No argument there :handshake:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

No argument there :handshake:

So pretty much where I am with it all. I don't think there's a player who could cover more than 80% of Party's ability that's available and would join us now. Maybe after a year at Arsenal and when Partey leaves Rice is 90%.

Maybe I am just chatting rubbish tho who knows.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I did say that, yes!

Lavia is arguably the closest profile to Partey of all the DMs available and has significant potential but him being 19 and still relatively green isn't ideal. I've actually changed my mind a little on that move though. I'm not quite as high on Rice as others but I feel like Rice still largely makes sense as a signing.

I think we have comparable talents already at the club albeit younger than Lavia so I don't see as much of a need for what would be a project to a small extent. That said, I would be very much in support of a Lavia move if we went down that route, such is my intrigue for the player.

Halend

Whatever that was from Haaland last night that is my wishlist, a forward who truly terrifies defenses. Whether its a centre forward or wide forward doesn't matter just someone who can a wreck a game by themselves if needs be.

Only player that is potential available to us and might be able to become that to me is Osimhen, if not i would rather not bring anyone in and wait to see if someone emerges with that kind of profile.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and call it now. I don’t think we get Rice this summer. I don’t even think we’re as interested as the media are portraying, certainly not for the £100M fee being touted. Rice is a smokescreen imo.

The new midfield signing will be one, possibly two, from following:

- Caicedo
- Mac Allister
- Tielemans
- Zubimendi
- Milinkovic-Savic
- Rabiot
- Kudus
- Gabri Veiga

Kuroske

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and call it now. I don’t think we get Rice this summer. I don’t even think we’re as interested as the media are portraying, certainly not for the £100M fee being touted. Rice is a smokescreen imo.

The new midfield signing will be one, possibly two, from following:

- Caicedo
- Mac Allister
- Tielemans
- Zubimendi
- Milinkovic-Savic
- Rabiot
- Kudus
- Gabri Veiga

My 2 cents:
- Caicedo HELL YES!
- Mac Allister
- Tielemans we already have Xhaka as back up. We need an upgrade of him.
- Zubimendi he comes to me as a soft player. PL is too intensive for him
- Milinkovic-Savic too slow and lazy for the pressing game we are playing
- Rabiot please NO, his agent (mom) is toxic for the club and dressing room. His attitude is also very bad.
- Kudus he won't comes cheap. Ajax is the Benfica of The Netherlands.
- Gabri Veiga we already have Viera and Ødegaard.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

If we got Kvaratskhelia and nothing else I’d be over the moon. Not happening but still, he’s such a baller.

Kvara - Jesus - Saka is a top three in the world attack

Mudi

My 2 cents:
- Caicedo HELL YES!
- Mac Allister
- Zubimendi he comes to me as a soft player. PL is too intensive for him
- Milinkovic-Savic too slow and lazy for the pressing game we are playing
- Rabiot please NO, his agent (mom) is toxic for the club and dressing room. His attitude is also very bad.
- Kudus he won't comes cheap. Ajax is the Benfica of The Netherlands.
- Gabri Veiga we already have Viera and Ødegaard.

I think we will go for Kudus. Why? He is left footed more attacking Xhaka. Would suit us perfectly on the 8 number.
Caicedo is less attacking and Mac Allister is just not as dynamic/physical as Kudus.
On top Kudus can also play RW meaning that we have a cover for Saka.

It just makes too much sense on having Kudus for the number 8 position.

The only other player that suits better is Camavinga :clap:

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I think we will go for Kudus. Why? He is left footed more attacking Xhaka. Would suit us perfectly on the 8 number.
Caicedo is less attacking and Mac Allister is just not as dynamic/physical as Kudus.

Is he really a CM though? Whoscored has his positions as:

Sub (Substitute)12306.6
FW (Forward Centre)11727.42
FWR (Forward Right)7528.1
MC (Midfielder Centre)2006.56
AMR (Attacking Midfielder Right)1208.58
MR (Midfielder Right)1108.42
AMC (Attacking Midfielder Centre)1006.67

Looks like he's more of a forward going by that

Kuroske

I have some reservations regarding Kudus. He is injury prone and will be out as much as Partey. His attitude is also questionable as he went AWOL for training because Ajax did not want to sell him. Furthermore, during Africa Cup, we will be missing him and Party two of our keyplayers for 2 months.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Honestly the level caicedo is playing at I would not be surprised it’s him the big pl clubs will fight about and not rice

Kuroske

Sub (Substitute)12306.6

That is because the previous Ajax coach needed him to play in that position. His previous coach even started him as a false 9 which caused some commotion in The Netherlands for misusing him. Also Ajax does not have a decent RW and they are well provided in terms of midfielders. Kudus also stated that his best position is in the midfield.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Sub (Substitute)12306.6

Plays CM for Ghana, and our CM role is an advanced one anyway.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
My 2 cents:

I think in the Xhaka role Tielemans would get us more goals/assists, he looks tailor made for that role. He's made for a possession game imo At Leicester he's in a poor squad with no protection or assistance in the midfield.

Kuroske

I think in the Xhaka role Tielemans would get us more goals/assists, he looks tailor made for that role. He's made for a possession game imo At Leicester he's in a poor squad with no protection or assistance in the midfield.
I am not saying Tielemans is a bad player. But is he a player that takes us to the next lvl for example Bellingham, Frenkie, Camavinga, Barella.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I am not saying Tielemans is a bad player. But is he a player that takes us to the next lvl for example Bellingham, Frenkie, Camavinga, Barella.

I don't think any are very realistic transfers. I also think assuming Bellingham and Frenkie will take us up a level is perhaps a mistake. They might. But Bellingham looked badly exposed against Chelsea. He could struggle with a PL move as we've seen with other players coming from the BL. Frenkie has been struggling at Barce. He's not IMO a realistic transfer and would break our wage structure with his ridiculous wages

We are very unlikely to get Carnavinga and Barrella I don't know enough about but Italians don't tend to leave Serie A.

Latest posts

Top Bottom