• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Biggus

Established Member
Well he's a tougher tackling midfielder, you can't really afford a purely defensive midfielder when you only have four in there everyone has to pull their weight- Denilson doesn't, you should appreciate that Anzac.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Cahill is someone we definately can do without right now. I usually agree with ya Biggus but on this occasion no way.
Not to replace Denilson anyways.

Anzac

Established Member
Biggus said:
Well he's a tougher tackling midfielder, you can't really afford a purely defensive midfielder when you only have four in there everyone has to pull their weight- Denilson doesn't, you should appreciate that Anzac.

I just see Cahill at his best operating off the ball, he'd love someone like Cesc to supply him, which is what he has at Everton with Arteta. I agree that he's tough, just hadn't considered him in that role.

kamikaze80

Established Member
anyone know of any essien-type CMs? i'll have one of those, though they seem to be a dying breed. and an intelligent RM/LM who makes good runs off the ball and can play our pass and move game, like a new freddie. and a CB like senderos but a bit quicker.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
What about Germany's & Bayer Leverkusen's Rolfes? highest rated (player rating's) defensive midfielder in Bundesliga. Tough, 1.89m, already a good Captain, 26, only contract until 2010, so relatively cheap & Bayer rather sell to us than to Bayern (who want him too).

Zenit's Tymoschuk, tough, already a good captain, 29. Contract until 2011, so probaly too expensive.

qs

Established Member
Biggus said:

He'd be worse than Denilson. Plus he's a crock.

number_0

Established Member
*players wanted*
can you play in DM, CB, AM or goalkeeper for no more than 40k aweek?, do you play in a second grade league and cost less than 10m? are you over the age of 23? if so give us a call

kamikaze80

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
What about Germany's & Bayer Leverkusen's Rolfes? highest rated (player rating's) defensive midfielder in Bundesliga. Tough, 1.89m, already a good Captain, 26, only contract until 2010, so relatively cheap & Bayer rather sell to us than to Bayern (who want him too).

Zenit's Tymoschuk, tough, already a good captain, 29. Contract until 2011, so probaly too expensive.
tymoschuk is 29 already? what's rolfes game like?

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Yep. Despite his babyface Tymoschuk already is 29. Rolfes is a reliable solid DMF. Tall, physically strong. Good header both defensive and offensive. Basically just what the doctor ordered.

Can actually play some footy too (not unskilled), scores 1 in 10 matches.

IBL

Established Member
It annoys me to see the likes of Zaki, Feillani & Giovanni doing great jobs for lesser teams than Arsenal. These are hungry, quality players that we didnt pick up on

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
My wish list consists of a couple of defenders who are strong in the air and aren't pussies. Also a big tough defensive midfielder would be nice.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
GoonerGurjit said:
My wish list consists of a couple of defenders who are strong in the air and aren't pussies. Also a big tough defensive midfielder would be nice.

For me Box to Box MF/ Ball Winner.

:bounce

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
my current wish list

IN
Anyukov, Inler, Benarfa/Affelay, Puygrenier

OUT
Eboue

kamikaze80

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
Rolfes is a reliable solid DMF. Tall, physically strong. Good header both defensive and offensive. Basically just what the doctor ordered.
leverkusen is second in the bundesliga or thereabouts, no? i cant possibly see them selling their captain in january. he sounds like what we need, though, from what you describe.

Top Bottom