• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Like to see a proper 1vs1 winger to replace Saka, Olise is more like a wide midfielder to me. Malcom from Zenit would be a nice buy to the squad tho. He is a elite ball carrier.

Then the rest I agree, Arsenal needs to midfielders, I don't rate Rice too much, but if Arsenal hire Rice and Mount? In the future it could be Mount-Rice-Ødegaard midfield three, all more or less with the same age and experience.

Then in the defense a young RB and a LB if Tierney goes. LB I would like Facundo Medina, who can also plays CB.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
We need 2 midfielders, 1 attacker and a RB like Fresneda

For LCM, i still think Arteta prefers a left-footed player. There are two profiles i think they can fit with Arteta's system because these are similar than Xhaka. They are Teun Koopmeiners and Mikel Merino
Another midfielder is Rice or Caicedo for me.

The attacker i want this is Diaby. He can play at RW and LW.

goonerfamily

Where does Bellingham end up this summer? Almost certainly not Arsenal. But if he ends up at Real Madrid, could make someone like Valverde or Camavinga available in the summer?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Where does Bellingham end up this summer? Almost certainly not Arsenal. But if he ends up at Real Madrid, could make someone like Valverde or Camavinga available in the summer?
Madrid. City will try and he's mates with Haaland but they're under investigation. Perez is not going to like losing to Barca by this margin so he'll go big for Mbappe and Bellingham this summer. Maybe we can shake Camavinga loose. There's no way they're letting Valverde go.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yeah he looks fantastic.

He'd be silly to go though. Has the chance to be their undisputed no.1 Striker next season at 18.
Brighton will have some squad if they manage to retain their midfielders and attackers and strengthen their defense. Big if though. Caicedo, Mac Allister, and Mitoma will have many teams, including us, after them.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Did you see his goal yesterday? The technique was unreal.

I think it was @Tir Na Nog that was big on him in January. More of a different profile we need upfront imo.

If we ever go back to having a true 9, and that adaption might happen, this is the guy we should be after. Very well rounded too so it's not like he'd be a passenger in the buildup or anything like that.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Evan Ferguson looks like some player.

I’d happily take him here as an option in our squad. Not sure if Brighton would be willing to let him go this early into his development tho.

No chance given the major weakness for Brighton has always been there lack of a quality striker. They might just have found one in their own academy so I think there is no chance at this stage.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

City confident on Bellingham

I would be staying the **** away from City if I were any decent player given the very real possibility they could be nuked to the EFL. I know money talks but wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pole if I were Bellingham.

Bloodbather

Established Member

City confident on Bellingham

I would be staying the **** away from City if I were any decent player given the very real possibility they could be nuked to the EFL. I know money talks but wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pole if I were Bellingham.
Out of the PL sides, I'd consider Liverpool the favorites to get him if they qualify for the CL. Perfect fit for them, and they'll be looking to bounce back.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Everyone will retire at once...

It'll be like when the Waugh brothers, Gilly, McGrath, Langer, Hayden, Warnie, Martyn, etc all retired within 5 years of each other or so - and the wilderness years thereafter.
That's why you keep signing and refreshing the squad and signing younger players to replace older ones.

You also hope that the academy brings through 2 or 3 stars.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Out of the PL sides, I'd consider Liverpool the favorites to get him if they qualify for the CL. Perfect fit for them, and they'll be looking to bounce back.
Liverpool are finished in terms of challenging. Their best players are on the way down. Salah, Van Dijk, even Robertson etc are all pushing on 30 etc. Unless they sign Bellingham and 2 or 3 other young top players I'd say its not that attractive. Not if you have City and Real knocking on your door.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Who teaches Bellingham how to be a top midfield player, Pep or Klopp, there’s only one answer for me.

I’m not even sure Bellingham suits Liverpool more style wise, whenever had Klopp had an advanced central midfielder in there? Maybe Wijnaldum but his job was more to cover the fullbacks and attackers.

At City in the Gundogan role JB would have free rein getting into the box as City’s midfielders have more attacking responsibility. He also improves on build up ect more which is a weakness to his game.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If you're a young midfielder, Arsenal is the place to come. There will be room in central midfield in the coming years. You'll arrive in a well functioning club playing attractive football under a modern talented manager.

Not to be disparaging of Liverpool or Manchester, but London would perhaps be a more desirable place for a young footballer.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Who teaches Bellingham how to be a top midfield player, Pep or Klopp, there’s only one answer for me.

I’m not even sure Bellingham suits Liverpool more style wise, whenever had Klopp had an advanced central midfielder in there? Maybe Wijnaldum but his job was more to cover the fullbacks and attackers.

At City in the Gundogan role JB would have free rein getting into the box as City’s midfielders have more attacking responsibility. He also improves on build up ect more which is a weakness to his game.
Bellingham isn't an advanced central midfielder, either. He's a box-to-box 8. Wijnaldum is actually the perfect comparison, he's pretty much a better version of him, and Liverpool have sorely missed Wijnaldum ever since he moved on.

Bellingham has great technique but his passing game and playmaking aren't really anything special, just decent. Doesn't really fit what City does, though he's good enough for them to adapt as in the case of Haaland.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don’t think he suits gundogan role. Jude is not a central midfielder. He is an attacking midfielder bit like young Gerrard. Tactically him and KDB would want to be is same spaces. Even England realised you couldn’t play him and mount with a DM in the World Cup

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bellingham isn't an advanced central midfielder, either. He's a box-to-box 8. Wijnaldum is actually the perfect comparison, he's pretty much a better version of him, and Liverpool have sorely missed Wijnaldum ever since he moved on.

Bellingham has great technique but his passing game and playmaking aren't really anything special, just decent. Doesn't really fit what City does, though he's good enough for them to adapt as in the case of Haaland.

To me it looks like he does his best work when he’s getting into the box scoring goals. He’s a Gerrard/Lampard type to me.

I think you have to give him freedom, Wijnaldum did a huge amount of defensive work covering for Robertson, you don’t drop 100m plus on a player for him to do that.

People would have said the same about Haaland, that he isn’t the typical City style of player. I think Pep is evolving their style to be more direct. The best roles for JB are the Gundogan role, or Xhaka role at Arsenal (never going to happen though).

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think he suits gundogan role. Jude is not a central midfielder. He is an attacking midfielder bit like young Gerrard. Tactically him and KDB would want to be is same spaces. Even England realised you couldn’t play him and mount with a DM in the World Cup

Very fair point to be honest, but maybe City are moving away from KDB? He’s been in and out of the team this season and seems City as a whole are transitioning to a new style. Pep mentioned that you always have to change winning teams to keep them hungry and competitive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom