• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
A top goalscorer is why you have teams like Sp**s who remain relevant at the top of the table. Its why United have been so successful as well, they know the importance of having a fox in the box, in one way or the other.

I do believe that if we can add a different profile goalscorer (big CF) to our current shared goals philosophy, we will become a nightmare to play against.

I want a CF and give me another outlet upfront. Abraham/Hojlund and Diaby are on my wishlist.

Sp**s don't have just a top goalscorer, they have a genuine world class player, a top percentile striker, one even the best teams in football don't have.

We can sign a top goalscorer, but it doesn't mean we'd be better, see Aubameyang for example.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
If we are walling to go big for RIce, I'd rather we go big for Jacob Ramsey. Think he is durable, strong on the ball, forces play and can drive from the left 8 position and give this team a lot.

Villa have so much possession but it only clicks when Watkins holds it up and Ramsey makes a forward run and they create chaos. He has a lot of composure in these advanced positions.

These type of players make the silky Rosicky type midfielders look better because they make runs, win 50/50s, keep possession out stranded on the wing, all the things guys like Özil struggled with. Ødegaard and Smith Rowe would have field day.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
If we are walling to go big for RIce, I'd rather we go big for Jacob Ramsey. Think he is durable, strong on the ball, forces play and can drive from the left 8 position and give this team a lot.

Villa have so much possession but it only clicks when Watkins holds it up and Ramsey makes a forward run and they create chaos. He has a lot of composure in these advanced positions.

These type of players make the silky Rosicky type midfielders look better because they make runs, win 50/50s, keep possession out stranded on the wing, all the things guys like Özil struggled with. Ødegaard and Smith Rowe would have field day.

Ramsey is Jude Bellingham with less hype and can be an improvement on Xhaka as well, if Rice is designated as LCM initially and not as DM, then this player should be also a option. But depends on the money. And depends what they want in the LCM role, if it is more of a engine or a playmaker.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Slightly left field but what does everyone think about Matheus Nunes for Xhaka’s role.

He seems to have a bit of everything in his game and looks like he has slowly settled into the rhythm of the Prem. Imagine he won’t be cheap though ..

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?

Slightly left field but what does everyone think about Matheus Nunes for Xhaka’s role.

He seems to have a bit of everything in his game and looks like he has slowly settled into the rhythm of the Prem. Imagine he won’t be cheap though ..

I like him but Wolves will try to gouge us as they only got him last summer for £50m or thereabouts.

Nothing short of £60-70m will convince them & we've got other priorities what with recent developments a la Xhaka/Partey.

OnlyOne

The He's him of A-M.
Trusted ⭐

I like him but Wolves will try to gouge us as they only got him last summer for £50m or thereabouts.

Nothing short of £60-70m will convince them & we've got other priorities what with recent developments a la Xhaka/Partey.

Wolves have FFP problems if I recall so they are going to have to let players go, however might just be Neves. We were linked with him before.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?

Wolves have FFP problems if I recall so they are going to have to let players go, however might just be Neves. We were linked with him before.

We were but, thankfully, we can do better than Neves in his position now. Nunes would be a good addition to replace Xhaka's spot.

Rasmi

Got 7 accusations last 3 years. Not my fault 🤦‍♂️

Admittedly, I've seen very little. But what I managed to see showed me that there's a player in there.
He is very smooth, very good dribbler from midfield. Problem he has is he can’t see passes early. You watch any highlights of him it’s him beating players in midfield. But rarely does he make great pass

benjamin86

Established Member
Danilo from Forest is slightly more impressive, can see why we were after him (wouldn't take him now though, still very clunky to me).

Seconding the Jacob Ramsey shouts though, excellent 2-way midfielder and a great alternative.
Villa probably ask for Caicedo type money for Ramsey...

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Villa probably ask for Caicedo type money for Ramsey...
Especially after the debacle of Carney Chukwuemeka leaving so soon into his Villa career. That'll be serious coin but we're at that level that even prospects with a little bit of battle testing will cost a penny, so anybody we aim to buy in that bracket is gonna be fair coin. The cheaper deals will either be guys nearing or at the end of contracts, prospects who aren't quite battle tested yet and Championship youngsters with potential (think Alex Scott or Hayden Hackney).

Either way, I hope whatever we decide, that the majority of the money we have goes towards midfield and maybe a defender. I really don't fancy any of the attackers on the market right now, especially at CF. We should only move for a player we think is special in that CF spot - getting Hojlund is a bit of a punt for me. I think a midfield revamp, despite the excellence of this season has been long overdue an augmentation of sorts and that's where most of the work should be done as it's held us back far more than attack or even defence has (Holding notwithstanding). Attack for me is largely fine, especially after Nelson's ill-advised but otherwise very welcome decision to stay. We should focus on that next Summer IMO when we have a better lay of the land. This has to be the Summer of the midfield overhaul.

benjamin86

Established Member
Especially after the debacle of Carney Chukwuemeka leaving so soon into his Villa career. That'll be serious coin but we're at that level that even prospects with a little bit of battle testing will cost a penny, so anybody we aim to buy in that bracket is gonna be fair coin. The cheaper deals will either be guys nearing or at the end of contracts, prospects who aren't quite battle tested yet and Championship youngsters with potential (think Alex Scott or Hayden Hackney).

Either way, I hope whatever we decide, that the majority of the money we have goes towards midfield and maybe a defender. I really don't fancy any of the attackers on the market right now, especially at CF. We should only move for a player we think is special in that CF spot - getting Hojlund is a bit of a punt for me. I think a midfield revamp, despite the excellence of this season has been long overdue an augmentation of sorts and that's where most of the work should be done as it's held us back far more than attack or even defence has (Holding notwithstanding). Attack for me is largely fine, especially after Nelson's ill-advised but otherwise very welcome decision to stay. We should focus on that next Summer IMO when we have a better lay of the land. This has to be the Summer of the midfield overhaul.
100% agree with you, I think this season the games we've lost and the draws from 2-0 up are because we've lost control in the midfield. Becoming more press resistant and quicker, more athletic should immensely help defensively and attacking-wise. If we brought in Rice and Caicedo I think that's fixed for the long-term future. (also gives us incredible flexibility with Rice being able to play CB and Caicedo playing RB)

My 1 worry for this summer is getting Saliba signed up, if he doesn't sign we have to sell, we can't let 50-60m walk out the door for free next year. (1year on his deal)

HaffBR

Rice-Caicedo will be good against City etc. But I like a more creative LCM who can really turn with the ball, receive in the half space better and acess Martinelli on the left more and that is not Caicedo or Rice for me. It can be Maddison - the most talented chance creator and also a good goalscorer - ideally it should be Mount bc of his stamina, work rate and defensive awareness more his experience, but names like Szobozslai and Golovin should be interesting too.

HaffBR

Vitor Roque has the making of a generational talent. He can be Gabriel Jesus with more pace, athleticism and goal in the future. He is rapid and a natural goalscorer.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein