• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

qs

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
Wishlist? Dear Santa, He's a cnut in some ways but can we have Stephen Ireland for Christmas?

He'd be great while Cesc is out but what would we do with him then?

Still it'd be nice to get Chippy in his ear every day about coming back to the national team. :)

DaGunners

Established Member
Veloso? He has gone backwards in the last 2 seasons for me. I would much rather have Denilson than spend on Veloso. If Wenger is going to buy a player he must be much better than what we have, or he wont buy. That is why I can see him buying a wide player, but not a central midfielder...

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Arshavin
Messi
Augero
Chiellini
De Rossi
Toulalan
Kaka
Pato

I expect at least 4 of them will be signed in January.

progman07

Established Member
DaGunners said:
Veloso? He has gone backwards in the last 2 seasons for me. I would much rather have Denilson than spend on Veloso. If Wenger is going to buy a player he must be much better than what we have, or he wont buy. That is why I can see him buying a wide player, but not a central midfielder...
The funny thing is, I don't even think that the most of the Veloso-fans on this forum have actually SEEN him play. :D Or if they have, it was a one-off occasion.

has this been taken??

Axel Witsel.

Haven't ever seen him play but simply from this interview:
<a class="postlink" href="http://goonertalk.com/2008/12/31/die-hard-gooner-witsel-reveals-arsenal-adulation-full-unseen-interview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goonertalk.com/2008/12/31/die-ha ... interview/</a>

There were rumours that Utd and Chelsea were battling to get him for £20 mil. so he surely would be good enough for us.

ricky1985

Established Member
has this been taken?? said:
Axel Witsel.

Haven't ever seen him play but simply from this interview:
<a class="postlink" href="http://goonertalk.com/2008/12/31/die-hard-gooner-witsel-reveals-arsenal-adulation-full-unseen-interview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goonertalk.com/2008/12/31/die-ha ... interview/</a>

There were rumours that Utd and Chelsea were battling to get him for £20 mil. so he surely would be good enough for us.

I want him here now. He is a proper Arsenal fan. I ould love Belgianfan (if it isn't too much trouble my friend) to give us a full report on this kid. From the little I've seen he looks awesome.

DaGunners

Established Member
I have seen Axel Witsel play a few times and he is going to be a brilliant goal scoring winger. But his countryman, Eden Hazard is going to be the knees bees. Closest thing to CR7 in world football for me...

ricky1985

Established Member
Full interview with Axel Witsel (thanks to has this been taken?? for the link).

Belgian international Witsel has already won his domestic league title, and made over 60 appearances for Standard, operating anywhere across the middle of the park.

He’s rated extremely highly on the continent, and with Arsène Wenger reportedly interested in him, Witsel spoke about his favourite club.

“Arsenal, Feyenoord and Real wanted to sign me when I took part in the European U17s Championship in 2006. But I wanted to stay close to my family.”

“I’ve been an Arsenal fan since I was a kid, around 5 or 6 years of age. I love the club because there’s so much young talent. When they play well - it’s amazing”

Despite the rumoured interest of Chelsea and Manchester United, Witsel revealed that he’d rebuff any offers from both clubs if Arsenal came onto the bidding scene.

“I dream to play for Arsenal. If Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal want me, I’d go straight to Arsenal without any thought.”

A massive statement from such a young individual. Talking of massive, guess who Witsel’s favourite all-time Arsenal player is?

“Thierry Henry, my idol. I love this player because he has so much class. What I love most is the way he celebrates his goals. It seems he doesnt care about his goal [he smiles].”

The classy young Belgian stated his disappointment at the removal of William Gallas’ captaincy, but also admitted he wasn’t surprised at the whole event.

“It doesn’t surpise me. When I arrived at Standard there was also conflict between young and old players. The old ones are jealous of the young players. It’s not lack of respect, it’s just evolution.”

Witsel was present for Arsenal’s clash with Portsmouth last weekend, when asked about the game, here’s what he said.

“To be honest, when I see that [the match], I think I’m good enough to play for Arsenal.”

During, and after the game, Witsel showed his passion for the Gunners even singing anti-Sp**s songs with the Arsenal faithful!

“Come on Wenger! play van Persie, you’re crazy!”

“Well, this win is good for the team. But thank you ‘Calamity’ James”

A Sp**s fan went up to him when he was travelling back home, the fan told Axel that he should sign for Tottenham, Witsel hastily replied.

“Are you joking? I said I want to sign for a big club!”

One thing’s for sure, Axel Witsel is definitely a die-hard Gooner and a player who looks Arsenal-class.

I’ll leave you with a video of the youngster in action for Liege, it’s a great watch.

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0ToD_Ug46T0&eurl=http://goonertalk.com/2008/12/31/die-hard-gooner-witsel-reveals-arsenal-adulation-full-unseen-interview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0ToD_Ug46 ... interview/</a>

entropy13

Established Member
Any of the following:
Arturo Vidal (D RLC)
Naldo (D C)
Santos Ramires (DM/M C)
Matias Augusto Fernandez (M RL)
Diego (AM C)
Ricardo Montolivo (AM C)
Alberto Zapater (DM/M C)
Kadir Hakan Balta (D/WB/M L)
Jonny Magallon (D RLC)
Florian Kringe (M RL)
Vladimir Bystrov (AM R)
Javi Martinez (M C)
Matias Delgado (AM C)
Axel Witsel (AM RC)

And the papers and rumor mills can get some ideas here too.

progman07

Established Member
entropy13 said:
Any of the following:
Arturo Vidal (D RLC)
Naldo (D C)
Santos Ramires (DM/M C)
Diego (AM C)
Ricardo Montolivo (AM C)
Alberto Zapater (DM/M C)
Jonny Magallon (D RLC)
Florian Kringe (M RL)
Vladimir Bystrov (AM R)
Javi Martinez (M C)
Matias Delgado (AM C)
Axel Witsel (AM RC)

Your scouts found them in FM, or what? :D

By the way this is the first time I see the name of Matias Fernanadez on the forum. He is a really good winger, he is playing at Villareal (though he doesn't get too many chances, but he has some class players ahead of him). Fast, VERY skillful, can score, has got good movement.

DaGunners

Established Member
Matias Delgado is not good enough for Arsenal. I have seen him loads for Besiktas.

Javi Martinez is an awesome talent, but Bilbao players are very loyal so I doubt we could ever get him.

If I could pick one U18 player in the world for Arsène to sign it would be Eden Hazard, Belgian winger who plays for Lille...

entropy13

Established Member
progman07 said:
entropy13 said:
Any of the following:
Arturo Vidal (D RLC)
Naldo (D C)
Santos Ramires (DM/M C)
Diego (AM C)
Ricardo Montolivo (AM C)
Alberto Zapater (DM/M C)
Jonny Magallon (D RLC)
Florian Kringe (M RL)
Vladimir Bystrov (AM R)
Javi Martinez (M C)
Matias Delgado (AM C)
Axel Witsel (AM RC)

Your scouts found them in FM, or what? :D

By the way this is the first time I see the name of Matias Fernanadez on the forum. He is a really good winger, he is playing at Villareal (though he doesn't get too many chances, but he has some class players ahead of him). Fast, VERY skillful, can score, has got good movement.

Not really in FM, but on soccermanager.com. Their ratings are also based on actual performances, so there. Hakan Balta and Bystrov are hardly class in FM but have high ratings in soccermanager. Although most of them ARE great players in FM as well.

The Matias Augusto Fernandez is Argentinian (playing with River Plate). The Matias Fernandez is Chilean, and he's the one at Villareal. :wink:

You can add him to the list though, very good left winger and capable in the middle too (that being his preferred position anyway).

Perhaps Santi Cazorla with Villareal too? How's he doing there anyway?

Top Bottom