• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ragnarock

Philodene-Bidance😅

"That's not even a real name... you belong in a Harry Potter film."
/ Chinese proverb

In seriousness, looks talented. But is it just me or does his actions look quite slow? Might be my computer.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Always rated Wilson. However with age and injury record we should be looking elsewhere.

Watkins would be my first choice, Toney second choice and Solanke third choice.

I wouldn't be against ditching Eddie and bringing in Awoniyi who has always impressed me when he has played against us and caused us a lot of problems.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Always rated Wilson. However with age and injury record we should be looking elsewhere.

Watkins would be my first choice, Toney second choice and Solanke third choice.

I wouldn't be against ditching Eddie and bringing in Awoniyi who has always impressed me when he has played against us and caused us a lot of problems.

You do know there are strikers outside of England too?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
You do know there are strikers outside of England too?

Yes. However I'd rather go for the ones I've mentioned over the favoured Osimhen, who is not among the top 10 scorers in a lesser league which has one the top scorers as a 37 years Giroud.

Arteta seems Ferguson like in often signing PL proven quality players (not saying either don't buy from abroad) - Jesus, Zinny, Rice, Jorginho, White, Ramsdale and Raya.

If I was to sign a realistic striker from abroad, I probably go with Openda who has adapted quickly and performed well in 3 different leagues Dutch, French and now German in 3 consecutive seasons (plus 4 goals in CL this season).

SupersoakerArsene

Just get squad depth & 1 or 2 big upgrades. Im all in for the French Revolution @ Arsenal! Bring Wengertimes back and get all the big talents from ''smaller'' clubs!

Sell: Nketiah, Tavares, Nelson, Tierney, Ramsdale, Lokonga (if he stays performing for Luton we can get good money) and even maybe ESR or Vieira.

Buy:
Leny Yoro (Lille). Cheaper CB then Diomande
Lucas Gourna-Douath (Salzburg, CDM back-up). Already got that CL experience and is still a young talent.
Desiré Doué (Stade Rennais, CAM back-up instead of Vieira).
Guillaume Restes (Toulouse, GK). Young talent who already plays everything @ Toulouse. Dog of a keeper. I think he can already challenge Raya!
Eliesse Ben Seghir (AS Monaco, attacker). Young, raw, talent. Might be a little new Mbappé. But don't think he is that kinda good as Kylian was.

Get 2 major signings. Probably something like Pedro Neto to back-up Saka & someone in midfield.
Might even go for a new left or rightback: Frimpong.

GK: Raya - Restes
RB: White - Frimpong
RCB: Saliba - Timber
LCB: Gabriel - Kiwior
LB: Tomiyasu - Zinchenko
CDM: Rice - Gourna - Partey - Jorginho - El Neny (if not sold)
CAM: Ødegaard - Havertz - Doué
CM: Havertz - Partey - ESR or Vieira
RW: Saka - Neto
ST: Jesus - Trossard
LW: Martinelli - Trossard

Might lack in strikes, if I see my squad above here.

Actually I really like us to sign that Leny Yoro kid from Lille. He & Restes are the next best thing in France for me! Great young CB who can play CDM aswell. And one of the best talented goalkeepers from 18 or 19 years old!!!

Kuroske

Looking at our strongest starting XI, the two positions that I worry about are LCM and
Looking at our squad I can understand people want to add a striker to the roster, but I honestly don't see any striker that excites me so much that I'd want him as a starter over Jesus. Even if you buy one, I wouldn't sell Jesus because he can play at a high level across the front three. If we want to compete for both the PL and CL, you can't sell a player like that. I'd rather use Havertz as a back-up striker and sell Nketiah.

Looking at our strongest starting XI, the two positions that I worry about are LCM and LB. I'm hesitant to add LW, because Martinelli has disappointed so far this campaign, but he's shown last season that he can have high output and the game against Liverpool showed how dangerous he can be.

At LB I'm worried Zinchencko, who I like as a player, can't stay fit and has defensive limitations. I also don't like Kiwior as a back-up. It's a shame we let a talented player from our academy go, because there should be space to develop a player there behind Zinchencko. Saves a lot of transfer funds and has high potential upside. Not sure who we could get in this position, though. Grimaldo would've been great, but will be crazy expensive. In terms of depth Hartman at Feyenoord could be a good option. I really rate him. Shouldn't cost too much.

At LCM, Havertz should've been the solution, but he isn't (as I didn't think he would be). I'd relegate Havertz to the back-up role for LCM, RCM (we don't really have anyone behind Ødegaard either) and primarily back-up ST. There are rumors De Jong is leaving Barcelona in the summer and he'd be my dream signing there. Another option that I've been banging on for a while is Barella, he was my main target for LCM last summer (together with Mac Allister before we lost him to Liverpool).

With regards to depth I'm worried about RW, but I doubt we can sign anyone of sufficient quality who'd be happy to sit in the shadow of Saka most of the time. Another reason I'd really look to keep Jesus in the squad. Shame we're probably losing ACD on a free because we're not giving our academy players any prospects. Another place where we could've solved depth issues internally without depleting the war chest.
Havertz is starting to show why they have paid that kind of money for him. I don't think they will get another 70+ million player for LCM. However, if De Jong is available, we should get him.

I will also love to see Hartman, Zirkzee and Frimpong coming this summer. Hate to see we missed van de Ven and Gravenberch. Maybe Summerville for RW?

SupersoakerArsene

Havertz is starting to show why they have paid that kind of money for him. I don't think they will get another 70+ million player for LCM. However, if De Jong is available, we should get him.

I will also love to see Hartman, Zirkzee and Frimpong coming this summer. Hate to see we missed van de Ven and Gravenberch. Maybe Summerville for RW?
Too many Dutchies. Besides that: Summerville ain't got the level of a team like Arsenal.
Frimpong & Hartman would be great. Zirkzee is much more a player like Gabby, who isn't scoring any kinda big numbers, but is a great link-up striker...

We need a striker who scores 20+ goals. Not a talented link-up play striker.

Hato is a great talent, but way to young and makes to many errors to get right now. He won't be playing that many minutes & he doesn't like to play as a LB (he told in many interviews). So he could actually play there and be a Mikel Arteta dream signing (since he can play more positions), but he isn't good enough (yet). And he is on the verge of signing a new contract @ Ajax. So he won't be cheap at all.

SupersoakerArsene

If you saw the game on v Dortmund you know why, he was terrible. Also very inconsistent player, even in a poor league like the Eredivisie.
Bakayoko ain't got it. If he gets double marked like Saka (or triple), he can't get past his defenders. Besides that he is inconsistent & his shot is bang average. Also a very solo kinda player for me. Not a Arteta ''team'' player...

If you want a right winger, you might go for Williams (Nico) with a release clause (I don't know if its still that low, since he extended his contract?), Xavi Simons (since he hasn't upgraded his contract @ PSG yet), Olise, Neto, Mbeumo (don't know if he's good enough tho), Pino (might wait untill he is back from ACL injury), Summerville (Leeds, if they don't go up), or might try Pedro Goncalves (he can also play in midfield).

I actually also liked the kid from Betis (Luiz Henrique), but he went back to Brazil for Botafogo or something... Don't know why?

Roony Bardgji, Brajan Gruda, Prestianni, Estevao, Duranville, Bynoe-Gittens, Iling-Junior & Bouanani are the younger kinda talents, but not to challenge a starting Saka. Maybe Bynoe-Gittens could actually, but the rest...

Actually, I also like the kid from Brighton: Adingra!

Diao from Betis is also a really young kid who plays quiet a lot for them. So does Nusa from Brugge & Odobert & Koleosho from Burnley.

I liked what I saw from that Koleosho kid in the first game vs Burnley.

Odobert was the only threat in the second game!

Oh: I also like the Alberto Moleiro kid. Pedri regen from Las Palmas!

benjamin86

Established Member
If you saw the game on v Dortmund you know why, he was terrible. Also very inconsistent player, even in a poor league like the Eredivisie.
Ah ok, i've only seen him live against us when he looked really good.

We could do with someone with the Doku type skillset off the bench - quick, can beat a man, and create a bit of chaos and unpredictability.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Our left side is unbalanced and lacking, should be a priority this summer imo. A wide man, Wirtz and Grimaldo for me:

ESR should really be providing what Wirtz is doing but he hasn’t be able to do so.

benjamin86

Established Member
Yacer Asprilla could be a good squad option for us, he looks like the type of player Brighton pickup in the summer and then sell on in a couple of years for a small fortune.
(plays either wing or attacking midfield, 6ft tall and a wand of a left foot)

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Wonder if we’ll go for any English/home grown players.

There’s a very strong case to move on Ramsdale, Eddie, Nelson and ESR in the summer, which would surely put us in a touch and go position with the home grown quota.

Archie Gray.

Top Bottom