• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

I'd like us to sign a couple of wunderkinds from Europe. Most of them flop, but it can be worth it if one of them pans out.

I think we'll need a backup CB, a backup GK, and a backup RW. Probably no need for a new starter except at CF, but I don't think there is anyone on the market who'll be an improvement on Jesus/Havertz/Trossard and good value for money.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
If there's any chance Barca will let go of Fermin Lopez, he would be an amazing player for us. But I think they will def keep him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Watched a full 90mins of Neto the other day and while I still think he'd be a good option as a PL quality out and out pacy winger, I don't think he's someone who becomes a star for us.

Leao on the other hand (if Arteta doesn't hate him) has WC potential.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Watched a full 90mins of Neto the other day and while I still think he'd be a good option as a PL quality out and out pacy winger, I don't think he's someone who becomes a star for us.

I agree. Neto is basically Martinelli imo. Very head down, pace reliant and inconsistent end product/decision making. We need better than that to take the final step. Martinelli has such great character so it’s hard to admit for a lot of us, but he’s not quite at the level needed to catch and surpass City/Liverpool.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Leao or Kvara in your opinion?

I hear what you’re saying about Martinelli, but we’d lose his workrate, Leao is pretty lazy.
I'd say Leao due to his physicality. When he beats defenders they stay beaten as he just brushes them off, that's something that pretty much every non-physical winger struggles with and would be big in the PL where all our fullbacks are pretty rapid.

Also he retains agility while also being pretty tall, no guarantees but could also become a real aerial threat for us with the right work.

I don't think he's lazy per se, players have no issue buying in for the right coaches, he's not going to come here and be the only player in the starting eleven that refuses to press :lol: But he's a big guy and won't always be able to press.

Almost every winger out there will be a downgrade on Martinelli's pressing but that's not what being a wide player at a top club is about, I'm sorry.

HattoriHanzo

Everything you need in a wideman + the guy just played a perfectly weighted over the top through ball with his weak foot ffs.
I watch every AC Milan match, and yes, this what he did in 3rd minute is pure magic.
But did you watch the rest of the match?
How many displaced crosses he tried, how many times he tried to dribble through 2-3 players?
Yesterday he succeed once, and scored, but how many times he failed?
And imagine him trying to do that in Prem, against Prem defenders?
This is his first Serie A goal after 5 months.

I hope that he can be improved by better coaching, and I think that Arteta is better coach than Pioli.
Leao's biggest problems are decision making and lack of consistency.
His talent was never in question.

And he is right-footed, so he scored yesterday with his strong foot.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

What's amazing about Leão is that he's fantastic yet has almost every attribute Tets hates despite not being French :lol:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Leao is quality, and I think Arsenal would be the ideal team for him. He’d get the ball in the final third a lot. Don’t think Arsenal have a big need for him though.

I’d like us to go big on two players: Osimhen and De Jong. Sell Eddie/ESR/Nelosn/Ramsdale/Lokonga to fund it.

Imagine a spine of Saliba/Gabriel/Rice/FDJ/Osimhen, with guys like Saka/Ode/Jesus/Gabi/Timber/White ect as the sure pieces. That cements us as a top 3 side in Europe.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Injury record aside, Isak would be an interesting option for us. Clive mentioned him on the AFTV podcast and I am intrigued. Thought he was one of the better players for Newcastle against us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta would hate him. Guy is plain lazy when he doesn’t have the ball

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Injury record aside, Isak would be an interesting option for us. Clive mentioned him on the AFTV podcast and I am intrigued. Thought he was one of the better players for Newcastle against us.
Yeah, but we can’t set the injury record aside, can we? As a Swede I love the idea of him here, but he’d be out a lot and that’s just not viable.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Everything you need in a wideman + the guy just played a perfectly weighted over the top through ball with his weak foot ffs.
Leão is a highlights player, unfortunately. His effort level comes and goes, and he too often tries to do too much when keeping it simple is the better idea.

Would've been a Ballon d'Or level player if he was better in those departments. Absolute baller, tall, athletic. Makes you appreciate Titi more, because he's a very similar player but you see how much difference being more consistently focused and having a higher football intelligence makes.

I totally get why an Arsenal fan would be enamored with him; he makes you dream of a Titi 2.0. But at this point I don't expect him to make that jump.

SupersoakerArsene

He did **** all against us? One great action, that's it.
Newcastle did **** all and were so so bad, lol.

Besides that: Isak might be a great option, but can't see NUFC sell him to us for a solid price.

Top Bottom