• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

entropy13

Established Member
Goalkeepers:
Sebastien Frey - FRA
René Adler - GER

Defenders:
Arturo Vidal (D RLC) - CHI
Naldo (D C) - BRA
Jonny Magallon (D RLC) - MEX
Alexei Berezutsky (D LC) - RUS
Vasili Berezutsky (D RC) - RUS
Ucar Ugur (D RC) - TUR
Angelo Palombo (D C/DM) - ITA

Fullback/Wingback/Midfielder
Kadir Hakan Balta (D/WB/M L) - TUR
Urby Emanuelson (D/WB/M L) - NED
Carlos Diogo (D/WB R) - URU

Midfielders:
Santos Ramires (DM/M C) - BRA
Matias Augusto Fernandez (M RL) - ARG
Barbosa Richarlyson (M LC) - RBA
Diego (AM C) - BRA
Ricardo Montolivo (AM C) - ITA
Alberto Zapater (DM/M C) - ESP
Ariel Matias Fernandez (AM RL) - CHI
Florian Kringe (M RL) - GER
Vladimir Bystrov (AM R) - RUS
Javi Martinez (M C) - ESP
Simon Rolfes (DM/M C) - GER
Matias Delgado (AM C) - ARG
Axel Witsel (AM RC) - BEL
Clément Chantome (DM/M C) - FRA
Roberto Hilbert (M RC) - GER
Mehmet Topal (DM/M RC) - TUR

Forwards:
Jimmy Briand (F C) - FRA
Fuente Sergio Garcia (AM R, F C) - ESP
Rene Oscar Cardozo (F C) - PAR
Fabio Quagliarella (AM RL, ST) - ITA

Now I've added their (primary) nationalities. :p

Anzac

Established Member
@ Entrophy..........with that sort of shopping list you should give us the formation & starting lineup, as well as their age & any values.

Is this a realistic wish list or a fantasy list = no Aguero/Benzema/Gourcuff etc...........

guinertron

Mark Hughes the puppet has been playing down the speed of the Kaka farce, saying that its a complex transfer.
We know about the money, and the fact Kaka really does not want to go to City. But the deal may have impact on the future of of other players that are connected to Milan

Yoann Gourcuff seems to be big news again, he is having a blinding spell at Bordeaux. I've been a fan for ages, but he could be part of the deal breaker for Man City. Reports suggest he is likely to be called back to italy if Kaka goes. But Bordeaux are ready to pay to keep him. Which would leave Milan short of a natural replacement.Are we not aware that he is available for sale and why have we always gone cold on him? Anyone know?

patrick42uk

Established Member
Fabian Delph. Scored a cracker at the weekend. HE seems to have a lot of positive ingredients and I think he'll make a great player for someone.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
guinertron said:
Yoann Gourcuff seems to be big news again, he is having a blinding spell at Bordeaux. I've been a fan for ages, but he could be part of the deal breaker for Man City. Reports suggest he is likely to be called back to italy if Kaka goes. But Bordeaux are ready to pay to keep him. Which would leave Milan short of a natural replacement.Are we not aware that he is available for sale and why have we always gone cold on him? Anyone know?
Bordeaux has first crack on him.. 15m cost for them... if someone else wants him, they will probably have to cough up 18m...

that's why we arent doing anything

Kraig

Established Member
i saw gourcoff score a stunning goal against psg the other day. looked something special it must be said

guinertron

theres a great article about Kaka/Gourcuff on the channel4.com site.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/blogs/jh76.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... /jh76.html</a>

he is a talent bit of a Vieira situation brought by Milan cheap and young, not settled in now on loan in France.
Laurent Blanc is coach at Bordeaux and is trying to play down the obvious new Zidane links. I've rated him for years but he is expensive.

kamikaze80

Established Member
in:
arshavin
a good CM, whoever that may be
agger

out:
silvestre, senderos, denilson, traore, simpson, merida, rui fonte

net spend: ~20m

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
you want to get rid of Traore, Simpson, Meride and Fonte already?

Silvestre, Sendy and Denilson, OK.. I wonder what will actually happen to Phil after his "loan" at Milan...

number_0

Established Member
Almunia
Sagna---Martin lawrance---Will Smith---Clichey
-
-Denilson---------------------------Nasri-----
---------------------cesc---------------------
-
------Van persie---------------------Eduardo--
-
--------------------adebayor-------------------

raidersoftheark

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
in:
arshavin
a good CM, whoever that may be
agger

out:
silvestre, senderos, denilson, traore, simpson, merida, rui fonte

net spend: ~20m

Wouldn't get rid of the kids, bar perhaps Traore (and Silvestre).

--------Almunia-----------
Sagna Djourou Agger Clichy
------Cesc Zapater*---------
--Arshavin--Nasri---RVP----
--------Eduardo/Ade---------

That's a league winning team right there.

*Wasn't this guy supposed to be a brilliant DM? I see that he's in the Segunda Division, so he'll hardly turn us down to rot over there. Spaniard too. Could form a great partnership with Cescy.

kamikaze80

Established Member
USArsenal said:
you want to get rid of Traore, Simpson, Meride and Fonte already?

Silvestre, Sendy and Denilson, OK.. I wonder what will actually happen to Phil after his "loan" at Milan...
theyre not going to be international quality, so theres no point. we're not going to win or lose the league based on their presence or absence in the squad.

the starlet fetish has to stop. i'm all for having an outstanding youth system but obviously not all of them will turn out the way we'd like them to, and they should be sold for profit while their value is highest.

Anzac

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
the starlet fetish has to stop. i'm all for having an outstanding youth system but obviously not all of them will turn out the way we'd like them to, and they should be sold for profit while their value is highest.

just how many of them are REALLY outstanding talents - and how many has our system actually produced?

I don't think Cesc was here long enough to be influenced prior to being thrown in the deep end - Ca$hley? Wilshere?

None of our youngsters we've released have had stellar careers away from us as yet, so I'd debate that our youth system was outstanding or anything special to date.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Since the thread to actually discuss this has been locked

ARSENAL are steadfastly sticking to their £12million valuation of Andrei Arshavin and have given Russian club Zenit St Petersburg a January 26 deadline to sell him.

Zenit are now expected to compromise by reducing their initial £20m asking price in the next 48 hours and extending Arsenal’s payment time to try to prevent the deal from falling through.

The UEFA Cup holders also insist Arsenal are the only club they are doing business with – ruling out a Kaka-less Manchester City. Maxim Mitrofanov, the general director of Zenit, said: “The situation has not changed since Friday, which means Arsenal would like to pay only £12m, not one cent more.

“And we, at Zenit, are ready to discuss with them about maybe a better offer from our side.

“We are ready to make a step forward to them, but they should also do the same.

When they made their original financial plan in September/October, the value of the pound was much more to the euro. But now the pound and the euro are very similar.

“However, I have told the people from Arsenal we are ready to discuss a lot of things which could make the situation easier for them.

“They have a deadline, as I understand, until January 26, because, after that, they should have some time to get another player and I respect this position.” Mitrofanov would not confirm or deny that Zenit would be prepared to accept £15m for the player who is desperate to join Arsenal.

But the Russians are ready to spread the length of time and payments from the Gunners from one to two years.

And, even though City have missed out on Kaka from AC Milan, they have not entered the race for Arshavin’s services

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/80974/Arsenal-stand-firm-over-Arshavin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/ ... r-Arshavin</a>

Top Bottom