• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

JazzG

Established Member
Would love to sign him but isn't his contract up this summer? I hear AC Milan are after him and I doubt he would join us over them.

qs

Established Member
LeTallec said:
why would arsenal fans not wish for Daniel Agger.. Hes just class.. I just hope he could be a bit patient

He'd be perfect. Wenger has a good record with drying out alcos too.

ricky1985

Established Member
True Gooner said:
ricky: why do you keep doing this to yourself? :p

Hehe, It's all fun and games. We'll win the League next season I tell ye! :wink:

That's a damn good team though, yeah?

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Anyway we should definitely look at Silva, Villa, Raul Albiol, Mata those Valencia talents. They are in such a poor financial state they can't pay their players now.

We should get some of them here

If true then half the top teams will be looking at their talent.......and so should we!!!!

LeTallec

JazzG said:
Would love to sign him but isn't his contract up this summer? I hear AC Milan are after him and I doubt he would join us over them.
no hes got a year left after this one.. AC Milan are after him and are the reason hes demanding 70k a week which he would deserve if he stays injury free all season having missed the whole of last season.. I agree if same wages are offered hed go to Milan. Hes just class on the ball and reminds me of Hansen.. I think Milan made a 12m bid for him as well in jan

longrufus

Established Member
qs said:
LeTallec said:
why would arsenal fans not wish for Daniel Agger.. Hes just class.. I just hope he could be a bit patient

It wasnt alcohol he struggled with, he was on a lot stronger.

LeTallec

Asterix said:
I'd love Agger at Arsenal, but can't see it happening. And please don't mention Hansen here!
why? He is the best defender I have ever seen

longrufus said:
It wasnt alcohol he struggled with, he was on a lot stronger.[/quote]
That is just a myth purpetrated by bitter blues.. His problem was metatarsal. if he was a druggie rafa would have had him out of the door faster the pennant who was kicked out for being late at training sessions

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
LeTallec said:
Asterix said:
I'd love Agger at Arsenal, but can't see it happening. And please don't mention Hansen here!
why? He is the best defender I have ever seen
I'm going to assume you mean Hansen rather than Agger. Yeah, Hansen was pretty good, not great, but good. He played a lot (Scotland notwithstanding ...), so I'll give him that.

Other than that, he's simply a clueless **** of the highest order.

<a class="postlink" href="http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_Hansen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_Hansen</a>

Oh and if he's the best defender you've ever seen, then you must have closed your eyes when we played you lot in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's.

Anzac

Established Member
saw a story earlier this season where they touted Hansen as being the template for the modern ball playing CB...........

LeTallec

Klaus Daimler said:
LeTallec said:
He is the best defender I have ever seen
Who? Alan f****g Hansen? Oh dear. :|

if anyone here thinks Alan Hansen was not a great defender than they are seriously deluded.. he was part of the most successful era of any team produced by England in Europe and his place was never in doubt.. He is the first pick on nearly everyones best 11 to ever play for Liverpool.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
LeTallec said:
Klaus Daimler said:
LeTallec said:
He is the best defender I have ever seen
Who? Alan f****g Hansen? Oh dear. :|

if anyone here thinks Alan Hansen was not a great defender than they are seriously deluded..
The same goes for anyone who thinks he's the best defender ever. I mean, what the F*CK. Did you grow up without a TV? Ever watched a game outside of England? Have you even heard of players like Beckenbauer or Maldini? Nesta? Cannavaro? Baresi? Scirea? Hansen is a footnote in the history of football both compared to the centrebacks who preceded him and the ones who've succeeded him.

LeTallec

id say hansen was better than baresi who is better than all you have mentioned except beckenbauer who is well before my time.. as for him being a footnote in history a lot of it has to do with him being scottish and lack of teli coverage back in the day

longrufus

Established Member
To say Hansen is only second to Beckenbauer is quite laughable. In that list Baresi and Scirea are leagues ahead of him, and Cannavaro is a much better player. With regards CB's of all time he wouldnt even be in the top 10, or even worth considering. To mention but a few Bobby Moore, John Charles, Passarella and even Koeman are all far superior players.

Take nothing away from him he was a great player but, but nothing compared to others in History. I think this is an opinion from your heart rather than your head.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom