The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. Armor for Sleep

Armor for Sleep New Member Elite

Pretty much.

Getting him and Chamakh on free transfers would be fantastic. Pity Cole is out of our range because I think he would be a great option for a wide spot.

2. kamikaze80

kamikaze80 New Member Elite

i didnt know that. we should jump all over kjaer. not going to find a better defender and better value for money than that. he will have resale value if/when his contract runs down.

on a talent level, if di maria's attitude is professional, i see no reason why he can't be a dominant flair player like robben, robinho, etc. he didnt do much against liverpool, though, did he?

3. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

Both Simon Kjaer and Javier Pastore of Palermo would be wonderful.

4. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

may come true..

5. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

LMAO.. not in this lifetime..

Chiellini - yeah right.. we cant afford him, nor is he leaving Italy

Kjaer - would be great, especially with a 12m release clause, but will Wenger actually go for him? not entirely likely, but I would love it

Sissoko - more suited for Italy than England.. lots of yellow and reds as well.. would cost more than 15m at this point, and we dont need yet another player that goes away for the ACN (especially in the same position as Song, who also goes away)

Toulalan - get real.. we cant afford him

J. Cole - we could afford his transfer fee but not his wage demands

Villa - LMAO..

6. KY

KY New Member

Mladen Petric is one quality player. Might be a tad expensive but he's a pretty darn awesome magician, always popping up with the goods when it matters...

7. banduan

banduan New Member

would Joe take a pay cut to play with us?

8. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

Kraig, did you meant Moussa Sissoko instead?

9. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

Just wishing for 3 players before the world cup so I can relax and enjoy the summer without poking me nose in ere every five mins to see what's going on

10. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

I hope all our players have a **** World cup.

11. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

[​IMG]
    1. Lloris ('cause every one says he's good)
    2. Kjær ('cause every one says he's good)
    3. World pea..., nah, Robben ('cause I know he's good)

12. Armor for Sleep

Armor for Sleep New Member Elite

I have doubts about Lloris actually. Not sure he's quite as good as the hype he gets. I'd be just as happy with someone like Frey.

13. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

Hwy?

14. ricky1985

ricky1985 Active Member Elite

Who would you get at goalkeeper and centreback, based on the players you watch fairly regularly, Ant?

15. AnthonyG

Haha, that would be the EPL only then, Ricky. In that case:

GK - Craig Gordon
    CB - Richard Dunne

16. Zico

Zico New Member Elite

Still baffled why we were never discussed in relation to Dunne. Citeh are a foolish team. Tony, I would also take Craig Gordon. I am surprised he is not mentioned that often on this forum. He's quality.

Let's get Gordon and Cahill and stick it to those who say we don't like the Brits.

17. qs

qs New Member Elite

I reckon Dunnes fitness will drop off pretty quick over the next 2 years, he hasn't always taken good care of himself and I think that will make it harder for him to maintain his fitness into his 30s.

I'd love to get Brede Hangeland. I think he's a fantastic centre half. 10 tens the player Cahill is.

18. ricky1985

You really don't rate Cahill do you?

19. ricky1985

To be fair, you watch a lot more of the other teams in the League than I do. Has Gordon really been that good this season then? Better option than Hart for you?

20. AnthonyG

From what I've seen I think Gordon's been as good as Hart, yes. And his age and experience is a better fit for us. The one caveat I would have is that Gordon has had injury problems, freak or not.