• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Zico

Established Member
We can finance a Benzema purchase by selling Walcott to Villa (or Liverpool, who desperately need homegrown players)

qs

Established Member
Zico said:
We can finance a Benzema purchase by selling Walcott to Villa (or Liverpool, who desperately need homegrown players)

Football-Manager-2010-1-icon.png

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Wenger is a widely known to be a fan of Benzema, and he would be more affordable should he leave Real. I guess we don't have the room to accomodate him with Chamakh arriving.

Floating

Established Member
I would be thrilled with any of the following:

Giorgio Chiellini
Bruno Alves
Philippe Mexès
Brede Hangeland

Anzac

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Wenger is a widely known to be a fan of Benzema, and he would be more affordable should he leave Real. I guess we don't have the room to accomodate him with Chamakh arriving.

We would if any of Eduardo, AA or RVP departed - not that I'm saying they should, could or would.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Would it be good if we offload RVP to Barca for 2 players like, Toure and a Chgnyskiy plus cash, Then we use the cash to buy Benzema?

;)

dendito

How could you guys even think about letting RVP go???

If i had to choose between RVP going or Fabregas going i think i'd keep RVP in the team!

IMO most important player in our team.

Pies

floating said:
RvP over Benzema any day of the week.

With Robin's injury record we need Benzema too. Sick and tired of depending on the great Robin Van Persie, only for him to miss half the season yet again. Great player, but near useless if he is not around when we need him.

Not really relating to Robin, but I still believe in Benzema, I still think the boy has a lot of class and could flourish under Wenger. Think it is unlikely we get him however. Obviously there are some other targets we are looking at. Still think we need a GK, DEF, MID, ATT, a difficult summer. Thought a lot of the same the last few summers and we still have some of the same issues plaguing us, so not confident we will truly rectify our problems.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Me too. I think people shouldn't forget that he started quite well at Madrid. Obviously the talent is still there and if we get him now it would be a bargain

ibby

Established Member
Speaking to Sky Italia, Buffon said: “If I had to leave, I think that England could be my destination. My desire to leave Juve is equal to that of the club to transfer me.

“Everything that concerns me will be agreed with the club. At the moment, there is nothing but there are two weeks left and something could still happen.

“We'll see if we decide to continue together.”

I'm just sayin'...

ibby

Established Member
Rocafella said:
Worth a punt.
Definitely. :lol:

He's already ruled out going to City. Chelsea and Liverpool are already stocked up in the keeping department so that only leaves Manchester United or us. I know the possibility of Wenger signing Buffon is slim to none but surely one of these days he's gonna sign us a superstar? Signing Buffon would just about make up for the previous 5 years.

Yes I'm getting worked up, it's Buffon ffs! :lol:

ricky1985

Established Member
ibby said:
Speaking to Sky Italia, Buffon said: “If I had to leave, I think that England could be my destination. My desire to leave Juve is equal to that of the club to transfer me.

“Everything that concerns me will be agreed with the club. At the moment, there is nothing but there are two weeks left and something could still happen.

I'm just sayin'...
What does he mean by the part in bold? Are you sure this is a recent quote, because it's sounds like something you'd say near the end of a transfer window.

Buffon here would be a dream, but, he's on, what, £130,000 a week at Juve? If not more. I think he'll end up at City - on the proviso that they make the Champions League.

ibby

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
ibby said:

I'm just sayin'...
What does he mean by the part in bold? Are you sure this is a recent quote, because it's sounds like something you'd say near the end of a transfer window.

Buffon here would be a dream, but, he's on, what, £130,000 a week at Juve? If not more. I think he'll end up at City - on the proviso that they make the Champions League.
I got the link from Football Italia today and I've never seen them quotes before.

I think he means two weeks left 'til the end of the season. No deal has been struck to with Juventus yet and his future still isn't decided.

Last week Buffon said this:

“The best players in the world want to be playing for the top teams in the top three leagues, no more than five or six teams in Europe. It’s a very elite list and Manchester City have to accept the fact they are not one of them.

“I read that City were interested in me last summer. I don’t know if anything was tabled, but there is no way I could have considered it.

“I couldn’t justify leaving one of Europe’s most famous clubs for a team that are not playing football at the highest level.”

“They have signed some fantastic players, but if they want to go up to the next level and sign even better players then they must claim a Champions League spot this year."

It's not money he's interested in, that's for sure.

qs

Established Member
dendito said:
How could you guys even think about letting RVP go???

If i had to choose between RVP going or Fabregas going i think i'd keep RVP in the team!

IMO most important player in our team.

Even if he was, and he's not BTW, he'd only be the most important player for half the season anyway.

Top Bottom