• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Floating

Established Member
I'm saying that Diaby isn't inconsistent, but his success on the pitch depends on others around him. When Cesc and Song are playing beside him, he knows what he can and should do. When it's Nasri and Eastmond, he's understandably clueless.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He was. He was immense in a number of games, but certainly not that long

Lespin

Paris Saint Germain defender Mamadou Sakho has hinted that he is interested in leaving the Ligue 1 side, alerting Arsenal who have long been linked with the 20-year-old. "The Europa League is good but my absolute dream is the Champions League. I have personal goals and I'm thinking," Sakho told French newspaper L'Equipe.

Sign him up Wenger!

Lespin

Imagine the signings of Sakho and Kjaer this summer! I'm glad there is a wish list available on this forum, it keeps the hope alive :)

qs

Established Member
floating said:
Diaby IS consistent when he has good players around him.

Diaby was immense with Cesc and Song from about October to March. Remember, during that period, he was very consistent - turned out a solid 7 or 8 performance every match. But without them both, his role became less defined and he, like everyone else, struggled to create and play effectively.

So Diaby is fine when he has Cesc carrying him?

AxlGunners

floating said:
Lord Dula said:
Add to that spine Buffon, cahill, and chamakh and I'll be the happiest dula alive

- - - - - - - - - - - Buffon - - - - - - - - - - -
Sagna - Cahill - Vermaelen - Clichy
- - - - - - - - - - - Song - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - Fabregas - Diaby - - - - - - -
Chamakh - - - - - - - - - - - - Arshavin
- - - - - - - - - van Persie - - - - - - - - -

Happy? :mrgreen:
Still need to do something about the third midfield position imo. Denilson and Diaby have not proven themselves to be starting. Neither has Nasri.

Also don't get all this love for Cahill. Would much prefer Kjaer or someone over him.

By the way how much would Sakho cost?

P_Gunner

Sakho has already captained his PSG team and from what I hear he plays good week in week out. Why would he be too young to start if he is ready? There are some players that are mature way above their age, much like Cesc was.

asajoseph

Established Member
I'd take Scott Parker in a heartbeat. Would be the perfect foil to Song & Cesc, and his energy would go some way to compensate for the inept defensive coaching the midfield get.

Floating

Established Member
qs said:
floating said:
Diaby IS consistent when he has good players around him.

Diaby was immense with Cesc and Song from about October to March. Remember, during that period, he was very consistent - turned out a solid 7 or 8 performance every match. But without them both, his role became less defined and he, like everyone else, struggled to create and play effectively.

So Diaby is fine when he has Cesc carrying him?

No, mate. Diaby needs to be that third midfielder - that box-to-box free role. He can't play Song's defensive role or Cesc's support role as well as they can, but when they're around him, his game is on point.

Captain

Established Member
Cesc is supposed to be the box to box midfielder and there is (or shouldn't be) no such thing as a free role in midfield.

Captain

Established Member
Are you suggesting that who we get linked to holds relevance to how good a player is?

Parker is a good player who will stand out at a mid-table team and nothing more. On top of that he is a complete sicknote.

asajoseph

Established Member
Captain said:
Are you suggesting that who we get linked to holds relevance to how good a player is?

I know the mood is heavy round here at the moment, but I was being tongue in cheek there...

True, sicknote.

Forgot about that.

Floating

Established Member
I want Heiko Westermann.

Versatility, height, CL and international experience, never gets injured, perfect age.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom