• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
and you are getting that information from where? according to the Bosman ruling:

players can sign a pre-contract with another club for a free transfer if the players' contract with their existing club has 6 months or less remaining.

says nothing about domestic v. foreign...

Timleaf

Established Member
You cant sign a player on a pre contract if that player plays in the same league. Avoids conflicts of interest.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
where are people getting this from? I see nowhere in the Bosman ruling that talks about "same league v. foreign league"

is it written somewhere in the FA rules?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
the reason i ask is because ive seen the Bosman ruling on about 6 different sites, and i've not seen that stipulation.. i was wondering if it was a FA thing or a UEFA thing..

in reality, a pre-contract could cause a conflict not just in domestic competition.. what if we had drawn Bordeaux in the CL? that could have been a conflict, etc..

Rahul

Frey/Lopez
Mexes/Kjaer
Tymoshchuk/Frings

Any combination from the three would do me fine.thats assuming noone leaves ofcourse.

Id love either of Frings or Tymoshchuk to be back up for Song.

Rahul

True Gurj.

Hence why i said back-up for Song , for when hes injured or needs some rest.Although nothing of this sort is going to happen ofcourse.

jus2nang

@ Rahul :

Link is broken.

Who is it...?

EDIT : Oh I see, De Rossi. I'd take him in a heartbeat, but yeah, never going to happen.

Not better than Essien though. In my humble opinion.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_6173989,00.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 989,00.htm</a>

De Rossi

Lord Dula

Established Member
Oh, n De Rossi would be ideal, but there's as much chance of that happening as any nation, other than Blighty, winning the coupe de monde.

Captain

Established Member
He's better than every wide midfielder we have (or at least he was, not sure how badly his knee injury has affected him).

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Smudeagle said:
I've heard a lot of rumours about Joe Cole... what are people's opinions?

Quality player who would be an upgrade on all of our attacking players bar Cesc and Arshavin. Can see him staying at Chelsea.

qs

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Smudeagle said:
I've heard a lot of rumours about Joe Cole... what are people's opinions?

Quality player who would be an upgrade on all of our attacking players bar Cesc and Arshavin. Can see him staying at Chelsea.

van Persie is a couple of levels above Cole.

Definitely wont be staying at Chelsea IMO. Doubt he'll come here either.

Top Bottom