• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
GoonerGurjit said:
A good experienced keeper. My choice would be Frey
A good experienced defender. My choice would be Mexes
A midfielder: Yaya
Probable Cesc replacement: Yoann Gourcuff

Maybe we could do with another central defender if both Gallas and Sol leave. I would go for Subotic or more realistically Simon Kjaer.
great minds think alike.. these are exactly the transfers i would love to see (except I would prefer Cesc to stay)

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
sure, if we could afford it.. but in reality (i know, this is a whish list) if we got the 4 (or 5) players mentioned above, in addition to Chamakh, to me, that would represent one of our best summer season for player transfers, like, ever

hesham

Established Member
yeah. id only see a player like that coming in if Cesc's leave (which is the last thing i want to happen) but Eduardo looks finished here so replacing him with some one that actually fits in to our system would be a big bonus.

patrick42uk

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=791264&sec=europe&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... pe&cc=5739</a>

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, i saw that yesterday patrick.. little Gio is a great creative player, but i wonder about his durability somewhere like the Prem...

patrick42uk

Established Member
He'd be cheaper than Hazard and I couldnt seperate the two in terms of talent. Italians have always had issues with blooding youth and I think he has been a victim of that more than anything else. He's unfortunate that he came through at a club the stature of Juve. Seriously, talent wise, he's right up there. Has pretty much everything in his locker that you'd want from a forward and I actually see his size as one of his most important, positive qualities.

ricky1985

Established Member
I haven't seen too much of Giovinco, a couple of games here and there, but, he's never looked any where near as explosive as Eden Hazard to me, Pat?

outlaw_member

Established Member
He's not as explosive but he can be just as effective. I don't think he would be ideal on the flanks though, unlike Hazard who is a natural wideman and for that reason I'm out. Seriously though, I'd take him in a heartbeat even though I can't envisage how we'd get the best out of him. He could end up like Arshavin, a player who is best suited as a SS/AM but is not as good outwide.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Giovinco's biggest problem is Diego.. they fulfill essentially the same role at Juve, but since they just purchased Diego for 24m, they were always going to play him as much as they could, even when he was severely struggling for form..

even my wife (not the greatest judge of talent) can see the obvious talent of Gio.. she said all season long "why dont they freakin put Gio in" or "where the f*ck is Gio?" or "stupid Ferrara (or Zaccheroni) doesnt know what he's doing, why wont he play Gio?"

i would take him

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I like Giovinco too. I think his skillset is too similar to Wilshere though and he's not good enough to put in front of him at this stage. Every Juve coach so far has recognized the problems he's got with imposing himself on the field. Wouldn't surprise me if he's off to Sampdoria (or some similar club) in the summer but I doubt we're interested in him.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I think he will become the next Del Piero. Worth signing based on his potential alone.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
small, creative players are not about imposing themselves physically, they are about imposing themselves creatively.. i have seen Gio do just fine in Italy, but the Prem is another story

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I didn't mean physically (although part of it probably is down to his lack of upper body strength), I meant making a mark on the field. He hasn't really staked a claim for a starting spot even if Juventus have mismanaged him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom