• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I think Koscielny looks promising, judging from the ten or so games I've browsed through to date (I was only gonna watch a couple to begin with but then I became interested in Gameiro and kept downloading them). Clever player. Rarely gets beaten and makes a lot of interceptions. Has got a good spring in his legs. Seems to correlate with what others have stated already. Apart from not being a nuclear power plant on legs I think he's got a couple of things in common with Sol. It's hard to predict how he'd perform in Premier League but I trust us to have scouted him properly. It looks like we're close to signing him now so it will be interesting to see what kind of role he'll get at Arsenal.

est

There were links to us making a bid for him earlier in the window, weren't there? Liverpool are in a position where they'd be tempted to sell, if we upped our offer.

I'd happily see us break our transfer record on him, he's well worth it.

Don't think it's very likely though. But you never know. I didn't believe we'd sign Arshavin as well.

Rahul

Yeah we were linked with him mate.But i dont think there was anything concrete in those links.

As for your Arshavin comment,the case was a bit different as he wanted out himself.

Plus even if pool were to accept any bid from us i dont think he will move within the prem.Hel happily go to Spain(maybe suddenly even hel have Barca DNA :lol:)or probably even Italy.

ricky1985

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Lately I've been watching some of Lorient's games from last season to get a better grasp of Laurent Koscielny (there was nothing good on the telly anyway). In doing so I've become a fan of Kevin Gameiro - a small, fly-footed striker with excellent skills on the ball who had a hell of a season. Seems to be capable of playing as both a wingforward and a supporting striker if needed. He ended last season on 17 goals, just one behind Mamadou Niang who won the golden boot of Ligue 1. The more I see of him the more convinced I get that we could make good use of him at Arsenal.
Same for me. I remember watching him in the Toulon tournament for France when he was 17-ish, and he looked a very, very good player then. Not sure if he's Arsenal-good right now, but, he's got a lot going for him.

ricky1985

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I think Koscielny looks promising, judging from the ten or so games I've browsed through to date (I was only gonna watch a couple to begin with but then I became interested in Gameiro and kept downloading them). Clever player. Rarely gets beaten and makes a lot of interceptions. Has got a good spring in his legs. Seems to correlate with what others have stated already. Apart from not being a nuclear power plant on legs I think he's got a couple of things in common with Sol. It's hard to predict how he'd perform in Premier League but I trust us to have scouted him properly. It looks like we're close to signing him now so it will be interesting to see what kind of role he'll get at Arsenal.
Sounds like you're of about the same opinion as me over Koscielny. I really like most of what I've seen - his pace and agility especially. There are a few niggling things I've seen that I'm not sure about, but, overall I think he;s got the making of a great defender.

I didn't see him getting tested all that much in the air, in the games I watched - it seems like you've watched a few more than me now - just how good is he in the air? I know he's no mug, but, is it a real strength in his game or is he just adequate?

ricky1985

Established Member
Slightly weak in physical duels sometimes, a little clumsy/unaware in the box, slightly rushed/poor distribution, also not seen a dominant display in the air as of yet - and that's a niggling concern until I see it - although like I said above he wasn't overly tested in the games I saw.

That may sound bad, but, I've also been extremely impressed by his speed, athleticism, reading of the game, covering of defensive partners (through his great speed), and general defensive play.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
ricky: Oh, I don't know. Lorient have some suspect players in their team which often means that they'll concede on setpieces despite having capable defenders. He's looked solid in the air to me though. I think he makes up for a being a little light-weight by being very committed too.

Lord Dula

Established Member
tricks, those niggling worries are more likely to be magnified in the spotlight he'll find himself in here, than not

he could go either way

just buy an establish player arsenal. get that lad for back up

Floating

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
ricky: Oh, I don't know. Lorient have some suspect players in their team which often means that they'll concede on setpieces despite having capable defenders. He's looked solid in the air to me though. I think he makes up for a being a little light-weight by being very committed too.

Sounds familiar... :roll:

ricky1985

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
tricks, those niggling worries are more likely to be magnified in the spotlight he'll find himself in here, than not

he could go either way

just buy an establish player arsenal. get that lad for back up
There's no getting away from the fact that it's somewhat of a gamble.

He has some real ability though. Honestly most here would love his excellent speed and aggression.

Top Bottom