The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. stuart

stuart New Member Trusted

ha, was going to ask the same

Interesting to have a look through the start of this page. Only read the first page but it's amazing looking back on some of the players we once wanted!

2. Klaus Daimler

Klaus Daimler New Member Trusted

I think Koscielny looks promising, judging from the ten or so games I've browsed through to date (I was only gonna watch a couple to begin with but then I became interested in Gameiro and kept downloading them). Clever player. Rarely gets beaten and makes a lot of interceptions. Has got a good spring in his legs. Seems to correlate with what others have stated already. Apart from not being a nuclear power plant on legs I think he's got a couple of things in common with Sol. It's hard to predict how he'd perform in Premier League but I trust us to have scouted him properly. It looks like we're close to signing him now so it will be interesting to see what kind of role he'll get at Arsenal.

3. Rahul

Rahul New Member

Pepe Reina

4. est

est New Member

Co-signed Rahul!

5. Rahul

Rahul New Member

never going to happen though :(

6. est

est New Member

There were links to us making a bid for him earlier in the window, weren't there? Liverpool are in a position where they'd be tempted to sell, if we upped our offer.

I'd happily see us break our transfer record on him, he's well worth it.

Don't think it's very likely though. But you never know. I didn't believe we'd sign Arshavin as well.

7. Rahul

Rahul New Member

Yeah we were linked with him mate.But i dont think there was anything concrete in those links.

As for your Arshavin comment,the case was a bit different as he wanted out himself.

Plus even if pool were to accept any bid from us i dont think he will move within the prem.Hel happily go to Spain(maybe suddenly even hel have Barca DNA :lol:)or probably even Italy.

8. entropy13

entropy13 New Member

If Frey's being linked to Villa, why not us???

9. ricky1985

ricky1985 Active Member Elite

Same for me. I remember watching him in the Toulon tournament for France when he was 17-ish, and he looked a very, very good player then. Not sure if he's Arsenal-good right now, but, he's got a lot going for him.

10. ricky1985

Sounds like you're of about the same opinion as me over Koscielny. I really like most of what I've seen - his pace and agility especially. There are a few niggling things I've seen that I'm not sure about, but, overall I think he;s got the making of a great defender.

I didn't see him getting tested all that much in the air, in the games I watched - it seems like you've watched a few more than me now - just how good is he in the air? I know he's no mug, but, is it a real strength in his game or is he just adequate?

11. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

What niggling things?

12. ricky1985

Slightly weak in physical duels sometimes, a little clumsy/unaware in the box, slightly rushed/poor distribution, also not seen a dominant display in the air as of yet - and that's a niggling concern until I see it - although like I said above he wasn't overly tested in the games I saw.

That may sound bad, but, I've also been extremely impressed by his speed, athleticism, reading of the game, covering of defensive partners (through his great speed), and general defensive play.

13. Klaus Daimler

Klaus Daimler New Member Trusted

ricky: Oh, I don't know. Lorient have some suspect players in their team which often means that they'll concede on setpieces despite having capable defenders. He's looked solid in the air to me though. I think he makes up for a being a little light-weight by being very committed too.

14. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

tricks, those niggling worries are more likely to be magnified in the spotlight he'll find himself in here, than not

he could go either way

just buy an establish player arsenal. get that lad for back up

15. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

Sounds familiar... :roll:

16. ricky1985

There's no getting away from the fact that it's somewhat of a gamble.

He has some real ability though. Honestly most here would love his excellent speed and aggression.

17. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

just like we love theo's speed and errm, cant think of an arsenal player with aggression lol

18. ricky1985

Vermaelen. Definitely Vermaelen.

19. Arai

Arai Moderator Moderator

Sorensen instead of Schwarzer...

20. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

kjær and Özil.