• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

est

No he wouldn't. Not being tested enough doesn't equal being a good goalkeeper. He's right in the Almunia category for me.

Clockend_Original

Philpp Lham would do a good job for us, and a decent keeper, and two proven CBs, or if not proven, then at least with international and CL experience like TV's mate at Ajax and/or Per Mertesacker with Christoph Metzelder as a back up. Build the team around the defence, and move from there, rather than building the team around one player. It is a team game after all.

edit, forgeot Christoph Metzelder was going back to Germany for the new season, oops.

Segway

I think Otamendi from Argentina has looked like a very neat defender in the WC so far. His aerial ability stands out. I think he'd be worth a punt or at least consideration.

outlaw_member

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
if we have to go through another season of comedy defending and tippy tappy *****ball, i think i might just d/l random matches from 2001-2005 and watch those in place of actual matches, and pretend that's our real season.

I've beat you to the punch. :wink:

Goonereagle

Samir Handanovoc for me, please!! 25 years old and 6ft 4!

First I've properly seen of him this tournament is but some of those saves are not luck! And Buffon rates him! Today's game will have added on 5-10mill in value though.

stuart

Established Member
Would need to see a bit more of the keeper but the Slovenia right back impressed me throughout the tournament. Brezko (sp) i think his name is. Probably no better than Sagna but he's very solid, would be some back up.

Top Bottom