• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Thomas Müller had one f****g hell of a game today. Amazing performance. I've never rated him that highly before but he looked scary out there. Looks like a better fit than Özil for the midfield spot next to Cesc.

I think he'd be a better fit at the right forward role. His main strength is his composure and finishing and his hard-working nature and good decision making are a plus.

However, he's sort of a permanent fixture at Bayern after breaking in last year and I don't think he'll leave them anytime in near future.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Muller is one weird player. He is technically a striker yet he is very effective on the wings despite not having those dribbling abilities.

Humble Rex

Established Member
He is such an intelligent player Müller. Plays quite a simple game and has superb movement and work ethic. I´ll compromise with you guys! If we can´t have Özil I would settle for Müller...

Floating

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
He is such an intelligent player Müller. Plays quite a simple game and has superb movement and work ethic. I´ll compromise with you guys! If we can´t have Özil I would settle for Müller...

Sounds like Chamakh... :wink:

Captain

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Thomas Müller had one f****g hell of a game today. Amazing performance. I've never rated him that highly before but he looked scary out there. Looks like a better fit than Özil for the midfield spot next to Cesc.

Are you taking the piss? (genuine)

SuperStar

I would love to have any of Özil, Schweinsteiger, and Muller. Out of those three, Schweinsteiger would probably be the player we need most as he would be the third man in our midfield.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Captain said:
Klaus Daimler said:

Sort of, with the midfield comment (it was a nod to an earlier discussion in the Özil thread where someone quoted a post I made over a year ago about him not being a great fit for our midfield).

I'd love to have Müller in our attack though. I thought he looked fantastic earlier tonight. Seriously impressive. I could put most of the german team from midfield and up on the Wish List to be honest. They've proven themselves capable of playing football in a way that I feel would translate well to Arsenal.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He had the save of the tournament against Lampard though.

I want almost the whole German team for us ;)

Özil, Muller, Khedira, Freidrich, Schweingteinger!

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:
He had the save of the tournament against Lampard though.

I want almost the whole German team for us ;)

Özil, Muller, Khedira, Freidrich, Schweingteinger!

Perhaps not as silly as it at first sounds.

By this I mean that perhaps we have too much reliance upon the French-African influence. In view of the potential impacts of the Financial Fair Play criteria there is the potential for Spain to lose CL spots & both France & Germany to gain them. If so then this means that AW will almost certainly lose his preferred source for players due to improved market values etc.

Anzac

Established Member
Here's a question / challenge for The Wish List.

Say we had 70m available to spend on transfer fees (not including wages), plus whatever was raised from sales:

* who would you look to buy;
* any sales?
* what formation?

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Captain said:
Klaus Daimler said:

Sort of, with the midfield comment (it was a nod to an earlier discussion in the Özil thread where someone quoted a post I made over a year ago about him not being a great fit for our midfield).

I'd love to have Müller in our attack though. I thought he looked fantastic earlier tonight. Seriously impressive. I could put most of the german team from midfield and up on the Wish List to be honest. They've proven themselves capable of playing football in a way that I feel would translate well to Arsenal.

We definitely agree on this. I thought he was fantastic in their opening game. I've been impressed with his close control and movement off the ball, and he's already shown that he can score goals, but he's also provided some great passes and assists as well.

I think people were down on him based on a few looks in the CL this year. Sometimes its important to note that not every 19/20 year old is the model of consistency and putting in 10/10 performances every match. However, he's had a pretty massive World Cup so far, and despite having just 2 caps before the tournament started.

To me, he looks like a near ideal right attacking forward. He's 6'1, so he can give most fullbacks some trouble in the air, he's an intelligent player moving off the ball, and he can control the ball at his feet. Looks to me to be an elite attacker going forward.

Anzac

Established Member
USArsenal said:
oh, this is NOT A FORMATIONS THREAD!!!

Lol - didn't intend it to be = just thought with everyone talking about players that I'd throw a transfer "budget" into the mix to see the results. For me some of the players being talked of don't fit our current shape.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom