• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

TOPG

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Would be a sweet partner for any centreback

that muller isnt much cop. Terrible season with bayern

Last season Thomas Muller had a better season than Arshavin.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I really wouldn't call 19 goals from an interchanging midfield/striker position terrible. He had an impressive spring. And he's only 20.

otfgoon

Established Member
Wouldn't call him terrible but from the games I've seen he's not anything special either, at least not yet. Good player for a 20yr old though.

qs

Established Member
-Shaun- said:
Yep, same mate he's been good. Just wonder if he'd be another Babel if he came over here though.

If he's not coached by Rafa he'll at least have a chance.

Timleaf

Established Member
I'm not really sure why some people dont rate Muller, but if I had to guess I'd say it's because he is a little uneasy on the eye because of his slightly awkward style, especially in comparison to someone like Özil.

But I'm a big, big fan of his. I watched plenty of the Bundesliga on ESPN last season and he was fantastic. He's such a smart player and he was agruably the key to making Bayern's system work so well after the christmas break. He'll be one of the best players in Europe for the next decade imo.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Yeah, what really surprised me was his intelligence. Against England he played at least half a dozen inch-perfect throughballs on the feet of a running teammate and only Germany's ineffectiveness stopped them from scoring more than they did. He's obviously got great vision. Bit like Bendtner in that aspect perhaps, but a little more developed technically. I think people are fooled by his large frame.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Just read that Schweinsteiger only has two years left on his contract with Bayern. I'd offer them £15 million for a straight transfer, or £20 million plus Fabianski.

qs

Established Member
Timleaf said:
I'm not really sure why some people dont rate Muller, but if I had to guess I'd say it's because he is a little uneasy on the eye because of his slightly awkward style, especially in comparison to someone like Özil.

Its because he was **** against United and that was when most people got their first impression of him, its hard to change that.

TOPG

Established Member
Its scary to think Muller is only 20 aswell i doubt he'll leave Bayern Munich anytime soon though. However i think Schweinsteiger will go to Real Madrid or Barcelona soon.

caldeltatrojan

Not that I've gone sour on either Clichy or Gibbs, but I really like the look of Fábio Coentrão of Portugal. He is absolutely fantastic going forward.

Floating

Established Member
Would you guys take Ricardo Carvalho if Sol leaves?

He's quality, and I reckon he'd be quite cheap (maybe 8m?), and he has tons of experience. He might be the perfect type of signing. We'd have Vermaelen, Koscielny, Carvalho, and Djourou, with Song as a back up.

Rorz

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Just read that Schweinsteiger only has two years left on his contract with Bayern. I'd offer them £15 million for a straight transfer, or £20 million plus Fabianski.

:lol: I'd love Schweinsteiger here, he'd fill that other CM spot perfectly.

Humble Rex

Established Member
I have been really impressed by Tulio Tanaka in all of Japan´s matches. He looks a seriously good CB. Strong in the air, quite fast, reads the game well, good tackler and is really good on the ball.

Was also really impressed by Coentrão today. Apparantly plays left midfield for his club but LB for his country. Wouldn´t mind either of those two!

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:

I would pay whatever Bayern want for him. Stunning player.

Top Bottom