• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
More than wishing for specific players from now on, I just wish we'd act like an ambitious big club. Im not talking about spending £50M a summer in transfer fees. Im talking about spending £25M a summer to replace the players leaving. I know we have to respect the wage bill, but With our solid financial position, we should be able to afford £8M for Joe Hart and £8M for a 3rd/4th choice CB, especially when you factor in the (albeit small) fee we'll hopefully recieve for Almunia.

We don't need a £100M overhaul, but a £25M oil change every summer would be nice.

Thats my wish!
me too. can't understand why wenger refuses to strengthen in pivotal areas every window. it's almost as if he's trying to prove people wrong by winning and spending fu** all.

he's had the tools to assemble a title winning team - if he doesn't deliver this season, i will lose any faith that i have left.

patrick42uk

Established Member
qs said:
jus2nang said:
In:

Oh?

Height, strength, touch, technique, pace and the ability to pass forwards are just a few of the things that he has over Denilson.

Where have you come up with that? The world cup is it? Did you ever watch him play for Pompey or Sp**s? He's s**t.

Well he was definately as tall for Portsmouth as he was at the world cup. 6 ft +1⁄2 in - I confirmed it. :wink:

Bossa

Established Member
I've been saying this for months: Stekelenburg!

Sign him or we will regret this when he moves to United next season.

And Rafa Marquez as our fourth choice CB and second choice DM. He's still a quality, experienced and versatile player.

I saw him play for Mexico at the WC and he was flawless an a real leader.

P_Gunner

entropy13 said:
entropy13 said:
Let's make this wishlist FM09 style!

GK: Sebastien Frey

DM, M C: Arturo Vidal, or Angelo Palombo

AM RLC: Ivan Rakitic

D C: Leo (from Gremio), or Naldo

:p

Woah. Made this one Nov 2008. :lol:

What does that show us? The same things we lacked in 08 we still lack now. Little to no damn improvement. Still need a GK, a DC, DM and RWF.

Anzac

Established Member
P_Gunner said:
entropy13 said:
entropy13 said:
Let's make this wishlist FM09 style!

GK: Sebastien Frey

DM, M C: Arturo Vidal, or Angelo Palombo

AM RLC: Ivan Rakitic

D C: Leo (from Gremio), or Naldo

:p

Woah. Made this one Nov 2008. :lol:

What does that show us? The same things we lacked in 08 we still lack now. Little to no damn improvement. Still need a GK, a DC, DM and RWF.

That's been the cry pretty much since 07/08.

-Shaun-

Bossa said:
And Rafa Marquez as our fourth choice CB and second choice DM.

He would never be fourth-choice in the current Arsenal defence. Definite starter if he moved here, without a doubt.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Would love to have Marquez as the fourth defender. Would be perfect for us with the ability to play defensive midfielder and the vast experience he has. Only negative point, perhaps, is his injury-proneness.

However, I doubt, we'd do a deal with Barca this summer.

stuart

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
Khedira is apparently out of contract next season and available for around 8 mil. Would love it if we got him instead of Real.

Apparently Real have a deal in place with the player but not the club, sounds about right!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Have been advocating Marquez as a squad option for quite a while. Looked like he still has it during the world cup.

Timleaf

Established Member
Another centre half. Preferably someone reasonably experienced. We need a good option incase Kos cant hit the ground running.

Jagielka would be my first choice.

kamikaze80

Established Member
3rd/4th choice would be beneath him, i think, timleaf.

it is worrying that we're not really being linked with anyone anymore. i feel like, per usual, wenger sees wilshere and these other kids and decides they're world beaters already and we don't need reinforcements.

except we always do.

ricky1985

Established Member
I really liked what I saw of Djourou today. Definitely hasn't lost any pace or mobility after that nasty injury. Add to that he's already proven to some extent that he's a more than capable central defender in the past, and I'm pretty comfortable going into the season with him as our insurance policy in case Koscielny struggles.

What I really, really want is a defensive midfielder with real quality - giving Song competition for his place, and also allowing him to offer cover at centre back.

Humble Rex

Established Member
Since I think we will only sign 2 more players, a goalkeeper and another defensive player, that outfield player needs to be competent both at CB and DM.

My hopes are for Kompany. Hope he will be available at a reasonable price. Wenger has been interested in him before.

True Gooner

Established Member
Timleaf said:
Another centre half. Preferably someone reasonably experienced. We need a good option incase Kos cant hit the ground running.

Jagielka would be my first choice.

Agreed, underrated player in my opinion.

He can also cover in midfield - although I think it's a while since he last played there.

Top Bottom