• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

qs

Established Member
Don't know if it would mean a trophy but it'd sure as hell make us alot more competitive. Add Sol and we'd be well stocked at the back.

squallkid

Established Member
qs said:
Don't know if it would mean a trophy but it'd sure as hell make us alot more competitive. Add Sol and we'd be well stocked at the back.

Someone should do a table showing how many points our goalkeeping blunders cost us last season.

I can only think of 11 points off the top of my head

Man Utd at Old trafford

Wigan away

West ham away

Birmingham Away

That would have put us level with Chelsea and I'm sure they're more points that our keepers cost us.

Humble Rex

Established Member
What about the times when our keepers have won us games? Do we subtract that from your points?

All keepers make mistakes, even the really good ones. Too simplistic for me what you are doing.

squallkid

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
What about the times when our keepers have won us games? Do we subtract that from your points?

All keepers make mistakes, even the really good ones. Too simplistic for me what you are doing.

Excuses, point me in the direction of Van der sar's and Reina's mistakes last season.

If their mistakes cost their team 11 points or more I'll eat my hat because yes keepers make mistakes but not as much as our keepers.

When has Fabianski ever won us a match?

Almunia has West ham and Hull at the emirates to his name though

qs

Established Member
Humble Rex said:

The thing about really good keepers is they make more big saves as well as less mistakes. I'm not saying Stekelenburg would win us as many games as VDS won for United over the last 2 years but I'm sure he'd cost us less than Al and Fab.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Akinfeev
Jagielka
De Jong

unfortunately all would cost around 15M

so more likely is:

Schwarzer
Sol
Frimpong promoted

total cost 3.5m and 10k a week extra to Frimpomg!

Humble Rex

Established Member
qs said:
Humble Rex said:

The thing about really good keepers is they make more big saves as well as less mistakes. I'm not saying Stekelenburg would win us as many games as VDS won for United over the last 2 years but I'm sure he'd cost us less than Al and Fab.

I totally agree with you qs. We need and deserve a better keeper, and I think a good keeper will get us closer to winning. I just don´t care much for the kind of list mentioned before.

- Count all the mistakes our keepers made during last season and add the points to our total. We would have been champions!

That kind of reasoning doesn´t factor in whether they won us any games, nor does it factor in that both Chelsea´s and Manure´s keepers also cost them points. If we are allowed to add points for goalie howlers then surely we should do the same with our competitors?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Stekelenberg
Cahill
Flamini
Özil

Goalkeeping coach
Defensive coach
New defensive tactics

Christ, if we can get all those and keep our squad as is now.....

Kraig

Established Member
well, not so much a wish but more a general wondering, whats folks thoughts on raul now hes been released by Real? The guy on the end of all those 'flowing' moves we make, just a thought, not a wish as i say.

Oh, and SIGN JOE HART ALREADY!!!!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Kraig said:
well, not so much a wish but more a general wondering, whats folks thoughts on raul now hes been released by Real? The guy on the end of all those 'flowing' moves we make, just a thought, not a wish as i say.

Oh, and SIGN JOE HART ALREADY!!!!

Wouldn't play a squad role
Wouldn't fit our system
Would show anywhere near the commitment he showed at real
Wouldn't reach anywhere near his real form.

See him as one of the genuine great strikers of his generation but definately past it now.

Floating

Established Member
Just two please.

GK: Benaglio / Stekelenburg / Frey / Hart / Marchetti

CB: Carvalho / Kompany / Ciani / Hangeland / Campbell

Latest posts

Top Bottom