The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. qs

qs New Member Elite

Given
    Hangeland

2. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

Last realistic wishlist with just 12 days left to go.

Given
    Spahic/that Tromso defender AAA said was best in Norway

3. Lespin

Lespin New Member

Same as Clrnc for me. A goalkeeper, an experienced centre back and a promising central defender.

4. ricky1985

ricky1985 Active Member Elite

If we could get in a proper goalkeeper and a reliable centreback, soemthing like this;

Schwarzer or Given

Squilacci or Vertonghen

I'd be very happy. Maybe with a sneaky surprise in there, too, Ben Arfa or something. Although with Arsène I will gladly just take the two that are desperately needed.

5. Raider

Raider New Member

Flamini and Young

6. Bossa

Bossa New Member

Robinho on loan??

7. Raider

Raider New Member

City wouldn't allow it.

8. Clrnc

If we can Robinho on loan with a view to a permanent deal of 10m+, it would be a steal. Wenger can nurture him as a great.

9. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

GK
    CB

We also need a CM but given up hope of that.

I predict we'll only sign one more player this window.

10. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

just spend next years transfer budget on a keeper now and stop bloody d.icking about

11. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

I can see us signing Vertonghen next year.

12. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

That's easy to say, but where's the other £3.75m of Schwarzer's transfer fee going to come from?

13. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

14. bigtimetopbanana

bigtimetopbanana New Member

According to Sid Owen from The Guardian "(Mesut) Özil does not have a shirt number and can't have one until someone leaves. Madrid has 26 players, one more than UEFA rules allow. Mourinho has made it known that he wants 23 -- three goalkeepers and two players for each of the 10 outfield positions. Madrid also only just complies with the quota of Spaniards demanded by UEFA rules, meaning that the three departures have to be foreigners."

I would think that three of Van De Vaart, Fernando Gago, Mo Diarra and Lassa Diarra will be leaving. And any of them would be huge additions to our squad. I wouldn't touch Royston Drenthe because we are covered at left back.

Sadly... I doubt Wenger wouldn't even consider it, because rather than think it would improve the team, it would be seen as stifling the progress of Song and Ramsey and his pet projects.

Someone has to pick them up... I hope it's not Sp**s. They are picking up ex-Arsenal players though. I'd hate them to get Lassa Diarra !!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/sid_lowe/08/19/mesut.ozill.real.madrid/#ixzz0xB2NyEYs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z0xB2NyEYs</a>

15. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Lass Diarra, now there is a signing I would welcome!

16. Armor for Sleep

Armor for Sleep New Member Elite

Diarra is fast becoming a Nicolas Anelka II.

17. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

VDV has apparently said he'd like to move to ManU if he isn't going to be in the plans at Real. Said that at his age he wants to be able to win silverware.

So it looks like players will go to ManU or CFC as genuine contenders to win something, and ManC for money / club with ambition.

18. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

Robinho is the creative spark our attack needs. wenger must know this. interesting that Arsène speaks of "opportunities" in the market

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-might-sign-more-than-one?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ws+Feed%29</a>

its time to stop using "robinho-lite" i.e eboue and go for the real deal, Arsène.

19. Arai

Arai Moderator Moderator

Gago! ;)

20. Clrnc

Robinho, Diarra!