The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. qs

qs New Member Elite

Begovic? No thanks.

2. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

Begovic - nope

Any of the other ones, OK (I would even add names like Frey, Marchetti, etc on to the list)

none of which are likely to happen though..

3. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

According to Mancini, Barca have enquired about Robinho. Think he would fit in with their game although I'm surprised they are going after him as they'v just splashed out quite a lot on a left sided forward i.e. Villa.

4. dave_rwr

dave_rwr Active Member

Unless they do end up shipping out Ibra and shift David Villa central.

Robinho -- Villa -- Messi

Pretty scary front 3 (at least in talent and skill, not necessarily size..)

5. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Short, thats all I can say.

Teams like Madrid will exploit that.

6. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

How can you exploit a short attack?

7. patrick42uk

In some games it helps to have a point man

8. Humble Rex

Humble Rex New Member

I think the main reason they bought Zlatan was because Guardiola saw how toothless they were against Chelsea they previous year. It certainly helps to have another option when their A game isnĀ“t on.

Not saying the Zlatan deal worked out perfectly for them, but I think the idea behind signing him was right, and he was nowhere near as poor last season as some seem to think.

9. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Patrick beat me to it. Whereas the skill of a player can go a long way to trump other "deficiencies", the effectiveness of a short/small attack can easily be negated by negative football playing teams.

The likes of Madrid, United, Chelsea defenses will have a field day shutting up a Messi--Villa--Robinho forward line with aerial play and general strength play.

10. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

You could argue that having a point man, ala Drogba or Ibrahimovic isn't necessarily more effective, given that the predominant avenue that will be pursued would be aerial passes, which could just fall into the hands of the opponents who are more than comfortable in dealing with such attacks. Think of how Samuel and Lucio dealt with Drogba and Ibrahimovic. I suppose there are pluses and negatives to both setups.

11. Gurgen

Gurgen New Member Elite

Yup, can't believe they're selling Zlatan. They won't get far in the CL.

12. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

silly barca

real madrid will win their **** league this year

13. -Shaun-

-Shaun- New Member

I don't understand how everyone thinks of Ibra as a flop at Barca, 21 goals and 10 assists in one season isn't bad at all, especially considering he didn't play all of their games.

14. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

Amazing how Ibra played for 3 Biggest club in Italy now

15. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

It isn't a new precedent. Off the top of my head, Edgar Davids and Roberto Baggio also played for the big three.

16. patrick42uk

The way Pato and Ronaldinho are playing at the moment, think I'm going to be tuning into Ac Milan games as often as possible. Always felt last season that Boriello was a pretty pointless striker. Just didnt seem to bring anything to the table. Ibra and Ronnie linking up to create for Pato will be a thing of beauty

17. Tony Montana

Tony Montana New Member Elite

Why are they selling him?

18. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

because they bought Villa

19. Tony Montana

Tony Montana New Member Elite

Totally forgot about that. Acording to Ibra Guardiola disliked him. But it's so weird that Barca could get rid of pure quality like that, only to replace it with arguably even better. You would never see a deal like that at Arsenal.

20. ricky1985

ricky1985 Active Member Elite

What about Henry replacing Anelka? or Pires replacing Overmars?