• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

There is light

Fellaini's lesser talented than diaby but he is certainly a better player for me, i mean he could be great if played in song's position, he has been more disciplined this season than i've ever seen him, at a good age and starting to peak. I think he/ de rossi/ moussa sissoko, would fit in very well with our team.

Tiote was one of the best buys from the world cup, but what's impressive is how quickly he has taken to the league, he is certainly better than denilson at tackling and passing forward but i'm not sure if we need someone like that with our current formation.

And inspite of fabianski's good showings, i'd still want De Gea AND Van der wiel/santon, what are the chances of inter selling santon though ?

MDGoonah41

Established Member
This is the team I want to see next year

-------------- Sneezy ------------------

- Sagna ----- TV ----- DJ ----- Clichy -

-------- Toulalan ---- Song ------------

---- Nasri ----- Cesc ------ Arshavin --

--------------- Walcott ----------------

With a bench of

Fabianski
Kos
Gibbs
Wilshere
Ramsey
Hazard
Chamakh

To get to this, we can sell Diaby, Denilson, van Persie and Bendtner.

There is light

WOW! That is delicious! GK is pretty unlikely now that fabianski's been satisfactory, but we really need the CB and a goal poacher, suarez has recently said he won't move, but hey there's another moroccan in there.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
MDG! Not a fan of Wilshere?

I too think Walcott might just be a good option at CF but to sell Van Persie and throw him straight in sounds a little rash. I'd rather we just sold Bendtner and used Walcott, Vela and JET as emergency back up to Robin and Chamakh.

qs

Established Member
There is light said:
Fellaini's lesser talented than diaby but he is certainly a better player for me, i mean he could be great if played in song's position, he has been more disciplined this season than i've ever seen him, at a good age and starting to peak. I think he/ de rossi/ moussa sissoko, would fit in very well with our team.

Fellaini has been terrible at times this season. Definitely not good enough for us.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Tulio Tanaka is a big name in Asia so it might be hard to steer him here but I would love to see if he could do well here. I think he's on 18,000 GBP a week there.

There is light

qs said:
There is light said:

Fellaini has been terrible at times this season. Definitely not good enough for us.

Everton's had a poor season, even arteta has looked like denilson, but i still see the ability in fellaini, he can improve massively with a move to a bigger club i think, he looks to pass the ball and move it forward and will get better at that when he comes to arsenal because he has the talent for that(unlike diaby who likes to dribble people in the midfield and then pass sideways instead of playing 1-2s), he can tackle better than song, he heads the ball very well, and now his positional play is getting better which was the thing i didn't like about him the last year or two. Also i just love that afro. Reckon everton can do what they did last year, and arteta and fellaini start clicking.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I still have hope that Wenger might enquire about Kompany again. Will take on a dual role in defense and midfield.

est

Kompany? There's no chance we'll sign him. We missed our chance with him.

He's City's #1 CB and most likely on sky high wages. Not to mention that City wouldn't sell to their title rivals in the first place.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Would anybody rather we bought a midfielder which would allow us to play Song in defence if needed? Kos and Djourou will probably be our first choice partnership until Vermaelen returns anyway and Squillaci will be back in a few weeks.

I think Song is okay at CB against weaker opposition.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
no, i would not rather buy a CM and let Song play CB..

not to mention, neither does AW.. we have Song, Denilson, Diaby, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cesc, Rosicky, Eastmond all for CM positions (with Coquelin on loan and Frimpong injured).. we dont need to buy another one

what we need is another CB

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Almunia, Denilson, Diaby, Rosicky, Arshavin, Vela & Bendtner out.

Should be able to get 30 million out of that lot (amazingly).

CB & Hazard in, maybe new CM.

GK: Chesney, Fabianski
RB: Sagna, Eboue
LB: Clichy, Gibbs
CB: TV, New CB
CB: JD, Kos, Squid
DM: Song, Frimpong / Eastmond
CM: Fabregas, Ramsey
CM: Wilshere, Aneke? / New CM
LW: Hazard, Walcott, JET
RW: Nasri, Walcott, JET, Lansbury
CF: Van Persie, Chamakh, JET, Walcott, Afobe

That's what I'd like to see next season. If Robin gets another length injury then perhaps replace him as well.

I genuinely think we have players who will do more for this team on the fringe than those I want out. (despite the 10-1 loss......)

Tis but a dream of course, Wenger wouldn't dare clear out so many players in one go.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
MDG! Not a fan of Wilshere?

Wilshere's inconsistencies are becoming more prevalent with each passing game. It is to be expected, given that he's still only 19 years old, but I would be looking to sign a more established player to deploy ahead of him. I also don't know what has happened to his passing, because it's worse than Denilson's at the moment. He seems to lack some confidence, and hasn't looked even remotely capable of adding onto his assist tally in the past month, or so. Not to mention that the impressive shooting technique he displayed at youth level has momentarily atleast deserted him.

dendito

Armor for Sleep said:
Would anybody rather we bought a midfielder which would allow us to play Song in defence if needed? Kos and Djourou will probably be our first choice partnership until Vermaelen returns anyway and Squillaci will be back in a few weeks.

I think Song is okay at CB against weaker opposition.

No, we need a CB. kos isn't ready yet, i don't rate quid and djourou is injury prone. We definately need a 1st choice cb to play with vermaelen.

But i'd add that i'd like us to buy a decent DM to play ahead of song!

Names?: Vertongen or Cahill for CB

what about Mamadou Diarra from Madrid as DM??? He's unhappy, desperate to leave Madrid and would be cheap enough. Anyone rate him?

qs

Established Member
I've been told by a Fulham fan that the rumours in their world say we're in for Hangeland again. I'd love that.

Top Bottom