• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MDGoonah41

Established Member
--------- Wilshere ---------------- Song ---------------

---- RvP ------------ Cesc --------------- Nasri -------

------------------- Torres -----------------------------

Lazaq

MDGoonah41 said:
--------- Wilshere ---------------- Song ---------------

---- RvP ------------ Cesc --------------- Nasri -------

------------------- Torres -----------------------------
That is the exact opposite of the worst line-up I've ever seen.

Bossa

Established Member
Err RVP is better than Torres FACHT.

Seriously We dont need Torres he's great but we only got room for one striker. Neither RVP or Torres belong on the wing. They are not Niklas Bendtner!

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Personally, I'd rather have Torres over RvP.

Better finisher, better playing as a lone striker (IMO), and better at creating spaces for others because it takes two CBs to contain him.

He's had awful service at Liverpool basically since he arrived.

Drop him into our first team and he'd score 30 goals a season. Devastating striker, and a better long term health bet than RvP, IMO

P_Gunner

Torres is definitely better than RVP. Both are great strikers and world class when on form, but Torres has a better eye for goal and is more prone to that moment of magic. We don't need him though, so we won't buy him... but it would be a nice dream.

If we were to somehow get him I think Arsène would find a way to integrate them both into the team though instead of dropping one to the bench.

There is light

They are quite different, i wouldn't swap RVP for anyone but that's just my opinion, and i know torres can be very deadly in our setup, excellent finisher.

Anzac

Established Member
There is light said:
They are quite different, i wouldn't swap RVP for anyone but that's just my opinion, and i know torres can be very deadly in our setup, excellent finisher.

For me Torres has what we lack up front = a goal scorer's instinct/desire, he wants nothing more than to stick the ball in the back of the net.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Even though, I have warmed to van Persie as a striker in recent weeks, that's just in regards to how I view him within our system. There's still the other question mark of his fitness, as he's still the most unreliable player at our club. Even if he were to score 20 goals at the tail end of the season, there's every chance that he'll break down next year. Robben suffers from the same problems and is an example of that. He produced the best campaign of his career to date last season, reaching both the CL and WC final with club and country. How many games has he played this season? Just the 3. It's very likely to be the same with van Persie, who might have a great season but we'll in all likelihood have to cope without him in no time.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
in:

Sakho (12m)

Hazard (20m)

Torres (35m+Chamakh)

out:

Squillaci (3m)

Denilson (8m)

Vela (8m)

Anzac

Established Member
P_Gunner said:
A damn signing.

Moreso a signing based upon quality, capability & directly addresses our requirements, as opposed to one based upon potential or the cheapest option.

qs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Even though, I have warmed to van Persie as a striker in recent weeks, that's just in regards to how I view him within our system. There's still the other question mark of his fitness, as he's still the most unreliable player at our club.

The thing is Torres has pretty much the same issues.

If we do replace van Persie at some point it needs to be with someone with an excellent record of fitness.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
doesnt matter what kind of fitness a player has.. inevitably, when they get to Arsenal, they break down..

(see Vermaelen)

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
P_Gunner said:
A damn signing.

I commented on the transfer day thread that this is what Wenger reduces us to, desperate for anything that comes our way.

Im going to sleep now, and before I do Ill ask God to rain senzu beans on Bell Lane, London Colney.

qs

Established Member
Wenger doesn't reduce you to anything, its your own want for drama. Would you rather be like pool fans today, glued to the news as players come and go.

I'm delighted with today. No stress, no worry. Why get involved in the stupidity that was this transfer window.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Maybe people think that if we want to realistically win something other than the pisspot Carling Cup we are a player short, so they wanted reinforcements?

Its not all gumdrops and rainbows for everyone, that doesn't make them stupid or immature or idiots.

Shue

Established Member
qs said:
Wenger doesn't reduce you to anything, its your own want for drama. Would you rather be like pool fans today, glued to the news as players come and go.

I'm delighted with today. No stress, no worry. Why get involved in the stupidity that was this transfer window.
QFT.

Instead of stressing out like Liverpools fans being glued to the news, I was glued to the Liverpool fans laughing.

Top Bottom