• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

mo50

Established Member
Forget Neymar, he'd be one for the future. If I'm honest I'd be massively dissapointed if our transfer budget was used up on a highly coveted talent like Neymar or Hazard. We need experience and quality, and we need it now.

I was heavily against the idea of Parker, or any other midfielder that is technically lacking. I've changed my opinion though. He'd give us energy, drive and would cover ground from midfield. All the more easier to sign him because West Ham are destined for relegation and he's hit 30.

And I agree with Fabo. A top class center half alongside Vermaelen would be immense. Someone from the PL would be much preferred.

Floating

Established Member
Parker isn't technically lacking - he has a decent strike, and can pass the ball as well. He's probably at least as technically proficient as Song.

P_Gunner

Out:

Bendtner-10m
Diaby - 6m
Denilson - 5m
Rosicky - 4m
Squid - 2m
In:
Sanchez - 25m
Banega - 15m
CB - ??
Lansbury and Bartley and maybe Coq

Le Titi

Gilberto Silva. Convinced we could squeeze one more top-flight season out of him. He said on Twitter two days ago 'it would be nice' if Wenger contacted him regarding a return to Arsenal.

Great man.

Anzac

Established Member
Le Titi said:
Gilberto Silva. Convinced we could squeeze one more top-flight season out of him. He said on Twitter two days ago 'it would be nice' if Wenger contacted him regarding a return to Arsenal.

Great man.

He'd not fit our current patterns & roles, and after 1 season then what???

mo50

Established Member
Gilberto, Diarra and Flamini, all in one summer. It looks crazier every time I think about it.

Doesn't Flamini have a year left on his contract? A sneaky bid would be nice.

Floating

Established Member
Lucio, Van Bommel, and Scott Parker would cost a total of about 6m, and would improve our side immeasurably.

mistaT

Established Member
Floating said:
Lucio, Van Bommel, and Scott Parker would cost a total of about 6m, and would improve our side immeasurably.

6m :lol:

Scott Parker alone will be close to that with Tottenham, and a few other clubs openly chasing him.

eye4goal

Established Member
mo50 said:
Forget Neymar, he'd be one for the future. If I'm honest I'd be massively dissapointed if our transfer budget was used up on a highly coveted talent like Neymar or Hazard. We need experience and quality, and we need it now.

OK they are both unproven at the top but Neymar is a goal scorer(43 in his last season). I would love someone proven like Kaka, Robben or Ribery but they would cost too much and are all injury prone. Neymar + someone like Milito or Drogba would be good. We definitely need experience at the back and in midfield. The pressure will be much more intense next season

Floating

Established Member
mistaT said:
Floating said:

6m :lol:

Scott Parker alone will be close to that with Tottenham, and a few other clubs openly chasing him.

Exactly. Lucio (I think) and Van Bommel (definitely) would be free. 6m + 0 + 0 = 6m.

mo50

Established Member
eye4goal said:
mo50 said:

OK they are both unproven at the top but Neymar is a goal scorer(43 in his last season). I would love someone proven like Kaka, Robben or Ribery but they would cost too much and are all injury prone. Neymar + someone like Milito or Drogba would be good. We definitely need experience at the back and in midfield. The pressure will be much more intense next season

We definitely need experience. Not just experience, but quality too. Regarding Neymar, he'd cost an astronomical amount and would shatter our transfer record. The likes of City and Chelsea are also fishing around him, there's no way he'll come here.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
People are over reacting based on our implosion in the last two months. Up until that point, we showed a lot of promise that combined with the right signings, will give us a fantastic chance for next season.

The first major signing needs to be that of a competent Assistant Manager. I would prefer someone from outside the club who has a different philosophy to Wenger and can provide what Wenger can't. Pat Rice to me seems to be Wenger's puppet. We need someone who will motivate the players, who can respond to tactical changes and can provide a completly different outlook for Wenger to follow. Every manager has flaws in their approach and Wenger has far less then most managers. The problem is that we need an assistant who fills these flaws and excels where Wenger doesn't. That is the first thing needed at this club.

The next signing needs to be a left back. So many goals this season have been as a direct result of Clichy either not holding the line or loseing possesion. In addition, so many attacks have broken down due to his complete inability to attack. Despite being young, his progress has stagnated the last two years and his time is up. I don't have many suggestion off the top of my head but there a lot out there around Europe.

Next we need another central midfield player who comes in with the expectation of starting every game, not who has potential to start every game. Bring in Diarra, bring in Flamini, bring in Parker. We just need a player who is close to the fnished article and who will provide competition to the others. All of a sudden you have Song and Diaby knowing that they are not first choice and that they will need to work their back sides off if they want to play in the big matches. I recomend Nuri Sahin as he is a phenominal player and would compliment Wilshere perfectl in a deeper position, though it contradicts my statement that the player ought to be the complete article.

The final signing needs to be an attacking player that is direct or that has flair to his game. Hazard or Sanchez are great suggestions here. We need players who want to score goals and who want to beat their man.

In additon, I'd play Walcott up front when the chance arises. We need an extra option up top and i doubt Wenger will address that so we need to look within the squad.

As for players out, well i guess i agree with most. Denilson can pack his bags, Chamkah can move back to France and Clichy can get his dream move to a 'big' club.

None of this will happen mind you.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom