• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

outlaw_member

Established Member
-----------Sczcesny
Sagna--Djourou--Vermaelen--Coentrao
-----------Wilshere
-------Cesc-------Nasri
Walcott--------------------Mata
----------van Persie

Floating

Established Member
Outlaw, I wouldn't use Jack in a holding role - everyone complained when Capello wanted that, and it didn't work as well as it could have. Without Song, I would rather see them line up like this:

- - - - - Cesc - - - Wilshere - - - -
- - - - - - - - - Nasri - - - - - - - - - - -
Walcott - - - - - - - - - - - Dzsudzsák
- - - - - - - - van Persie - - - - - - -

outlaw_member

Established Member
Seeing that Song isn't tasked with a whole lot of defending. We might as well deploy midfielders who can go forward and create.

Daniel Sturridge

Floating

Established Member
Yes, but Wilshere's abilities are wasted when he's alone, shielding the back four. Keeping him next to Cesc, almost as if they're the middle of a 4-4-2 seems like it could work with Nasri ahead of them.

mo50

Established Member
If Wilshere is given Song's role, he'll be spending more time attacking than he currently is. That formation lovely.

Raider

Established Member
Who the hell is going to be doing the dirty work in that midfield? Who's the battler? Wilshere?... His tackling is wreckless to say the least.

And I only like the idea of Fabregas that deep if we had runners. Hog the sidelines type of runners.

TheEconomist

Established Member
I heard Pirlo is available on a free this summer. He was once quite the player. We could definately use someone with his quality and fight. Hes 31 now, which is older than usual, but guys like Gerrard and Lampard are a similar age and they still go a good job

Is there anyone who keeps regular track of Italian football here who can comment on him as a player now days?

entropy13

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZGhGbfzCSU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZGhGbfzCSU</a>

Lord Dula

Established Member
-----------Neuer
Sagna-Djourou-Vermaelen-Coentrao
------Fabregas--Wilshere
Hazard------------------Nasri
----------------RvP
-----------Benzema

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
kav said:
I heard Pirlo is available on a free this summer. He was once quite the player. We could definately use someone with his quality and fight. Hes 31 now, which is older than usual, but guys like Gerrard and Lampard are a similar age and they still go a good job

Is there anyone who keeps regular track of Italian football here who can comment on him as a player now days?
Pirlo.. LMAO.. no thanks, not even close

you know why Milan have been good this season? Pirlo and Ambrosini have been injured and have played with a MF of Gattuso, Van Bommel, Flamini and a re-invigorated Seedorf (with Boateng as well)..

Pirlo is slow as f*ing molasses and while his mind can still see the plays, he hasnt been able to execute it in the past 2 seasons (never mind that he's been injured half the season)..

besides, i doubt he will leave Italy

Floating

Established Member
Yeah, it's been said before that signing veterans is useless if they've never played in the PL. Their experience doesn't count for much if they can't adapt to the pace and power of the English game.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i thought Ballack was a shadow of himself from his Bayern days.. he played OK a few times, but overall, he was not NEARLY the player he was in Germany

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I remember his ET goal against Blackburn which sent Chelsea to FA cup final, and his decider against Porto that secure them QF spot. Had a couple of winning goals in the PL as well. I would say he had a decent career at Chelsea, helped them win a lot of matches.

Top Bottom