• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
If fit, I rate Jagielka. Big if. I know he's got a good jump on him, but he doesn't exactly give us that out-and-out height we seem to lack, does he?

ebouenolike

Established Member
Top class wingers are a must, so Ribery would not be a bad buy at all.

Very Arshavin like in terms of age and probable wages though, would it mean the end of the little Russian.

ricky1985

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
If fit, I rate Jagielka. Big if. I know he's got a good jump on him, but he doesn't exactly give us that out-and-out height we seem to lack, does he?
What have you made of Phil Jones?

squallkid

Established Member
I hope no one is taking this ribery thing seriously.

Some know nothing female says Ribery is in contract negotiations with Arsenal then turns around and says it's not a done deal yet and anything can happen, covering her tracks well for when it turns out to be BS.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
ricky1985 said:
AnthonyG said:
He has a lot of promise and, dare I say it, a good mentor in Nelsen. Not the biggest, again, but seems to know what he's doing out there. Would he better for us than, say, Bartley? Not sure.

ricky1985

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
ricky1985 said:
AnthonyG said:
He has a lot of promise and, dare I say it, a good mentor in Nelsen. Not the biggest, again, but seems to know what he's doing out there. Would he better for us than, say, Bartley? Not sure.
Yeah, I like what I've seen of him, too. Seems to read the game really well and make good decisions.

He's not 5'11" btw. I read an interview one of the broadsheets did with him a while ago - a one-on-one type of thing, and the interviewer talked about him being "6'2" and still growing".

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
ricky1985 said:
He's not 5'11" btw. I read an interview one of the broadsheets did with him a while ago - a one-on-one type of thing, and the interviewer talked about him being "6'2" and still growing".
Good to know.

There is light

It's a bit too late for us to be going in for fat franck eh, would have been my dream signing 4-5 years ago. He's a shadow of his older self and although can be a winner on his day, has not been consistent at all, well maybe we can re-ignite him!

I would also take jagielka over cahill any day of the week, and height is not a solution to our defensive problems if that's the way we are looking at it. But even if we manage to sign any one of sakho/jones, i will be very happy.

Warship

Will probably change as rumors begin to diffuse and I doubt we'll see as much of a turnover in our squad as I (and most others) would like to see..

Prices are always hard to predict with inflation and what not.. some players like Falcao only have a year on their contract so won't be out of the question at least..

Out:

Francesc Fabregas (£45 million - Barcelona)
Andrey Arshavin (£8 million - Zenit St. Petersburg)
Denilson Pereira Neves (£6 million - Wolfsburg)
Thomas Rosicky (£5 million - Shakthar)
Niklas Bendtner (-£5 million with player swap - Blackburn Rovers)
Manuel Almunia (Minimal Transfer Fee/Released)
Sebastian Squillaci (Minimal Transfer Fee/Released)

IN:

Eden Hazard (£24 million - Lille)
Radamel Falcao (£22 million - FC Porto)
Mahmadou Sakho (£16 million - PSG)
Yann M'Vila (£13 million - Rennes)
Phil Jones (£5 million + Bendtner - Blackburn Rovers)

spartandre217

Established Member
Warship said:
Will probably change as rumors begin to diffuse and I doubt we'll see as much of a turnover in our squad as I (and most others) would like to see..

Prices are always hard to predict with inflation and what not.. some players like Falcao only have a year on their contract so won't be out of the question at least..

Out:

IN:

I'd prefer someone like Parker to M'Vila but there's no way we could afford a summer like that

Warship

spartandre217 said:
I'd prefer someone like Parker to M'Vila but there's no way we could afford a summer like that

Yeah.. and I just noticed Blackburn aren't interested in selling players like Jones or Samba. They aren't really in a position where they need to sell players and I guess 15m value they probably wouldn't be interested in selling unless it was for 20+.

Parker is getting up there in age but I do rate him. He'd give a few good years at his position with leadership skills and work rate.

spartandre217

Established Member
Warship said:
spartandre217 said:

Yeah.. and I just noticed Blackburn aren't interested in selling players like Jones or Samba. They aren't really in a position where they need to sell players and I guess 15m value they probably wouldn't be interested in selling unless it was for 20+.

Parker is getting up there in age but I do rate him. He'd give a few good years at his position with leadership skills and work rate.

His age is part of the draw towards him for some reason :wink:

Floating

Established Member
Warship said:

Out:

IN:

:roll: This would be an utter disaster. We'd be shipping out nearly every single experienced player we have, and replacing them with complete unknown quantities who have high ratings on Football Manager. We want our squad to get older, not younger. This would set our squad back 5 years easily.

Warship

Floating said:
:roll: This would be an utter disaster. We'd be shipping out nearly every single experienced player we have, and replacing them with complete unknown quantities who have high ratings on Football Manager. We want our squad to get older, not younger. This would set our squad back 5 years easily.

Shipping out 4 players that don't ever play, one who's fitness level allows him to play maybe every other game, and one I only list because I think he will leave. I wouldn't call that shipping out every experienced player. But as it's a wish list thread, not based solely on realistic expectations, I'm not going to try and justify it too much.

All of those players are definitely unknowns in terms of how they will translate to the EPL but most big transfers are when you look at Chelsea bringing in Ramirez and Luiz, Man U bringing in Chicharito, Liverpool with Suarez and the list goes on. The player I've seen the most of is Hazard, and Falcao being the 2nd most (notably him causing our backline problems in the first leg last season)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom