• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

qs

Established Member
Floating said:
and replacing them with complete unknown quantities who have high ratings on Football Manager.

Welcome to the Arsenal Mania transfers section. :lol:

Shue

Established Member
I'd go with something along the lines of letting go of Denilson, Rosicky, Almunia and bringing in Hazard and Jones. We don't need any radical restructures. We have Vermaelen, Bartley, Ramsey, Lansbury, JET, Frimpong who are all back from long term injuries and/or successful loans to flesh out the squad. All we need is a wee injection of excitement.

Floating

Established Member
I want two players.

1) Scott Parker
2) A goalscoring forward. Falcao, Gameiro, Dzsudzsák or Ribery.

Would most likely cost less than 20m together, and would improve our side immensely.

squallkid

Established Member
In
Toulalan (Yes I'll say it again)
Phil Jones
Cahill
Hazard
Benzema
Sneijder (If Fabregas leaves, hell I would love him here regardless)
Robben (If bayern don't make CL)
A young right back
Torres (If we can't get benzema, I think Wenger could get the best out of him)
Coentaro

Out
Diaby
Denilson
Squillaci
Rosicky
Arshavin
Chamakh
Eboue
Arshavin
Clichy

A 4-1-3-2 formation would be in order

--------Chesney----

Sagna--Cahill-Vermaelen-Coentaero

----------Toulalan------

-Nasri/Robben-----Wilshere---Sneijder---

--------Van Persie--Benzema----

Could bring in Walcott on the rare occasions Van Persie gets injured, :wink:.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Shue said:
I'd go with something along the lines of letting go of Denilson, Rosicky, Almunia and bringing in Hazard and Jones. We don't need any radical restructures. We have Vermaelen, Bartley, Ramsey, Lansbury, JET, Frimpong who are all back from long term injuries and/or successful loans to flesh out the squad. All we need is a wee injection of excitement.
I'd be chuffed with that

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Armor for Sleep said:
Ribery for Arshavin

Podolski for Bendtner
This.

Sneijder and Parker would be nice addition too.

I would want to come up with a smart list of names, but I rarely watch other PL/EU teams playing now.

The emumerated names can't go wrong, ay?

Bossa

Established Member
Illusion said:
Samba and Parker would do this team wonders in different ways.

Agreed!

There's a big chance that teams like Blackburn, West Ham and Wolverhampton will go down.

If they go down we should try and sign some of these: Phil Jones, Samba, Scott Parker and Nzogbia.

arsenallegends

Established Member
I was just about to mention Samba as well.

We desperately need one of Samba, Jagielka, Cahill, Sakho, Kompany to enforce the back but we don't need to reinforce the middle from an outside source....

We need to add pace and aggressiveness to our attack. I can't believe we didn't go hard for Di Maria, that is such bollocks. We need Hazard or Elia type; someone grasping for stardom or recognition, equipped with the sort of attributes we need.

I looked at United today and boy oh boy do they have balance. Offensively they have so much pace with Nani, Valencia, Hernandez, Evra, Rafael, Park and Rooney on the counter. Their defensive attributes are given. They will be complete if they get Modric/Sneijder and relieve Berba.

We have awesome qualities and during this tough time its easy to get knit-picky. We need an awesome CB, Szcz and Wilshere have solved two positions, Song the year before but the wide positons are unreliable. Arshavin, Nasri and Walcott are very hot/cold individuals. We need to add some fire there.

I still don't think we need anyone at CF.

arsenallegends

Established Member
I hope and wish as we close the chapter to another year, the bruises heal and the muscles cool, we can actually reach the finish line next year without gasping for oxygen. These boys showed us all the potential up to February then committed hara kiri....again. Depth and another year of experience should ail the next run.

Bossa

Established Member
out:

Almunia 2m
Squillaci 4m
Denilson 6m
Arshavin 8m
Vela 5m
Traore 3m
Bendtner 10m
Mannone 0.5m
realstic?

Add 10m and reinvest in new players, realistic?(probably not)

Realistic?

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Bossa said:
out:

Almunia 2m
Squillaci 4m
Denilson 6m
Arshavin 8m
Vela 5m
Traore 3m
Bendtner 10m
Mannone 0.5m
realstic?

Add 10m and reinvest in new players, realistic?(probably not)

Realistic?

Would disturb the dressing room way too much. You can't afford to make that many changes and hope the squad stays together.

The ones in bold are the ones that i would allow to leave, with the possibility of Traore going only if we receive a decent sized offer.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Based on the end of this season, my wants have changed significantly. Basically it looks like this;

Out
Almunia - 2mil
Denilson - 6mil
Clichy - 5mil
Arshavin - 11mil

Total - 24 mil

In
Izaguirre - 7mil
Has been pure class in Scotland this season and works his back side off. Always full of energy and would lift the side in matches like against Stoke, where no one is moving or looking like they want to be there.

Samba - 6mil
Do i need to explain this? Monster that would complement Vermaleen to a tee.

Hulk - 22mil
People keep asking for Falcao, but this lad is made for the Premier League. Strong, quick and versatile. Could do a job as the lone striker, or alternatively could play on the wing like he often does at Porto. So difficult to control and would give us the options that this squad needs.

That would basically be what i would look at for the start of next season.

spartandre217

Established Member
Really, I say F*** disturbing the dressing room. Players like Nasri, Fab and RVP need to know that there's going to be/is change afoot.

We need to get rid of a lot of the dead wood in our team and as far as I'm concerned the following epitomise that.

GK: Almunia - Self explanatory really.

CB: Squillaci can go if we receive an offer but I'd be more inclined to make an ADDITION rather than a REPLACEMENT.

FB: We could(maybe should) offload one of Clichy or Eboue and replace either with a quality attacking FB. One that actually contributes to the attack when they make one of the myriad runs up the flanks.

CM: Denilson and Rozza need to leave, ASAP. I honestly think we can hold on to Diaby. I feel he can/will contribute more than those two over the course of a season. Replace Denilson with someone like Parker and use the rotation policy to fill those 3 positions.

WF: Arshavin is done at this level and Vela surely won't make it either in this position or as a striker. Sell both IMO and replace them with someone like Hazard or that PSV winger.

CF/ST: This is a tough one to address. Chamakh CAN be good, he runs like hell, is constantly moving and can link up well but utterly, utterly lacks directness and isn't nearly lethal enough. Bendtner is direct but not brilliant. Can be a deadly finisher on his day but I do wonder whether he's good enough for us. We could certainly use a player in the role of a poacher with good movement, good touch, very pacy and strong but only if one of the above leaves.

QUALITY changes in 4 of those 6 positions with CM and GK being mandatory would be great and I'd be hardpressed to complain about Wenger's attempt to rectify the dross in the squad.

That said, I know this will never happen and we'll likely spend the summer trying to persuade any of Clichy, Nasri, Fabregas and Bendtner to stay with us.

Proof

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Hulk, van Bommel and Coentrao would be the perfect summer.
Van Bommel has been awful this season. I'd rather stick with Diaby than buying the Dutchman.

Latest posts

Top Bottom