• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

P_Gunner

Forlan and Van Bommel would be two great signings. They'd be cheap as well so it would be possible to bring in two more players along with these two and balance out all the problems with the squad in one market.

Floating

Established Member
I'm going to sound like Wenger for a moment, but it's true:

A free player is all well and good, but for every player we sign (even if he's free), we have to balance the wages, and make sure that our talented young players (Coquelin, Vela, Bendnter, etc) won't get crowded out.

That said, I agree that Forlan and Van Bommel would be good signings.

MAK 14

Established Member
Cudareli said:
Samba - 6mil
Do i need to explain this? Monster that would complement Vermaleen to a tee.
I never used to be a great admirer of Samba, but having watched him recently, he really impressed me. He seems to be exactly the type of centre back we need. The only possible problem I can think of is that he isn't the fastest, so he might struggle with our high line. Then again, if his positioning is good enough, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Samba + L.Diarra + Benzema + Arshavin replacement = Arsenal premier league champions 2011/2012. Even if we sold Cesc. NOt that difficult. All are allegededly available; maybe Diarra would reckon he's better than us but we could at least try. Even if Arsène replaced Arshavin with a project like Hazard or oXlade chamerlain (who scored a classy, classy goal this weekend), signing Benzema as well would make up for it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
IN
Parker
Sanchez
Kaka
Benzema

OUT
Rosicky
Denilson
Almunia
Cesc
Bendtner/Chamakh

fabo

6.51 / 10
Necessary IMO:

WIDE FORWARD(someone direct, first thought is to go forward with the ball, goal threat)....Suarez would have been a good option.
CENTRE MID(at least as good if not better than Song)
CENTRE BACK(someone with PL experience IMO, wouldnt be hard to improve on Koscielny tbf).....Gary Cahill

Areas that could also be improved easily:

LEFT BACK
STRIKER

eye4goal

Established Member
Out: Almunia £1m, Squillaci £2m, Denilson £4m, Diaby £8m, Arshavin £10m, Bendtner £10m, Rosicky £5m, Vela £5m (Total=£45m)

In Neymar/A Sanchez £25m, Parker £8m, Howedes £10m, Kevin Großkreutz £10m, K Gamiero £8m( Total = £61m)

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Assuming Cesc stays

--- Sagna --- Subotic - Vermaelen -- Baines ---

----------- Wilshere -------- Cesc ------------

------- Nasri ------- Goetze -------- Hazard --

------------------- RvP -----------------------

Floating

Established Member
I'd rather Hummels than Subotic, and that midfield would get eaten alive by most teams in the PL, but I like those players.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
our current midfield gets eaten alive too.

we're never going to play with two holding midfielders. both goetze and hazard are capable of beating their man. both are very creative players.

when cesc gets hurt (which will happen), ramsey comes in, and he and wilshere can sit back a bit more and just collect the ball and distribute to the front 4.

AshburtonGhost

No more fiddly CAM playmaker types. NO!!! I'd rather sign Tiote from Newcastle than Goetze, you know, the type of player we actually NEED.

Top Bottom