• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Floating

Established Member
@RonBurgundy
Yeah, I assume Bendtner is leaving, although I'd like him to stay (provided he's playing in his proper position). Although he gets some stick, he's going to be a very good player, and we should keep all the height/power/aerial ability we can.

@Armor for Sleep
Mata is much more of a winger than Silva (who is primarily a playmaker). He's more direct - my only concern is that, like Silva, he's 5'7 and probably weighs about 9 stone, so unless his pace and directness can make up for his physical weaknesses, he's maybe not the best candidate. I like Jovetic, Balázs Dzsudzsák and Hulk because they combine physical power with directness and goals.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I highly doubt we could get one of them for £16m Floating. Would love them players in but you're looking at £25-£30m for Mata or Hulk/Falcao imo.

Floating

Established Member
Maybe that's true... I'm not really sure, especially because I believe Hulk or Falcao only has one year left on their contract (can't remember which one...).

Also, I reckon Dzsudzsák would only cost about 14m, and Jovetic around 16m. Hulk/Falcao/Mata would be around 22m, I would guess.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hulk recently signed a new deal i believe, running to 2016 so i guess he's going nowhere...atleast not for that price.
If Falcao has only a year left we should offer Porto £20m and see what they say definately.

What's Dzsudzsak like? I aint seen him play that much, only the odd game. Good enough to be a starter here?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i told you before guys falcao and hulk will stay with porto and i think we will cant buy him cuz he will worth more then 30m next season he is great player but unlucky we are not chelsea or ****ty

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
@thunter dzsudzsak he is good player IMO he is the winger who can score goals i dont think PSV will sell him with cheap price i think we must pay at least 15m euros

ricky1985

Established Member
I watched Dzsudzsak 3 or 4 times in the Europa League this season and was thoroughly unimpressed. Not close to good enough for what I want on our left wing.

eye4goal

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
Haven't really seen much of Mata, is he similar to David Silva? Is he exclusively a left winger or can he play on the right or as a playmaker?

Similar to Silva but more explosive

Bossa

Established Member
Aguero is going to leave Atletico in the summer.

Wish we could sign him.

But he will be probably going to City or Chelsea

Kain

Established Member
Noticed the ****rag Sun had us linked with Sergio Canales this morning, far too weak a link to open a thread over and Wenger has fired down the possibility of signing him in the past (this recent January window), reckon we'll have a go this summer?

outlaw_member

Established Member
Sergio Aguero. If we happen to lose Cesc in the summer, he's one of the only players that will make a worthy replacement.(Indirect one, of course) 35 million should be enough to purchase him. The worst thing that could possibly happen is for Man City to sign him as Tevez's replacement. I'd even be willing for us to revert back to a 4-4-2 just his sake, though in a slightly different format.

--------Aguero-------------
------------van Persie-----
Wilshere---------------Nasri
---------Diaby--Song--------

I know how people will react to a Diaby and Song central midfield, but I think in this set-up, we will be relinquishing the main creative duties off the CM's and burdening them onto the wide players. Which will then allow Diaby and Song to spend most of the game supporting from deep, and protecting the defence. Something that Wilshere, Ramsey, nor Cesc would really allow in a two man partnership.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Aguero would be a dream. Think he'd adapt to the Premier League with ease as well. Would be a massive statement from Arsène if we bought Aguero; he'd virtually need to triple our club record transfer fee to get him. Maybe even more if other clubs are seriously after him too.

outlaw_member

Established Member
We're so bloody small time. A top class player has become available, and we won't show a single bit of interest in acquiring him. Sure, he's going to cost a bomb, but we could easily raise half the money by selling the deadwood who haven't contributed much to our cause. Signings like this would reassure the fanbase and playing staff that we are on the right track, and Aguero has the profile to really get the club buzzing with confidence. Not to mention that he would be very likely to repay his value. I was so glad that after their successful season, Man City were going to face a troubling summer with the impending departure of Tevez, but Aguero's availability has just killed the optimism that I had.

Kain

Established Member
Small time:- Selling Adebayor for in excess of £25 mil, Eduardo for £7 mil, replacing them with Chamakh for nothing.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Aguero would be a fantastic buy, but he is a striker and if Cesc goes we need a midfielder. That midfielder is Özil.

The readjusted approach is nice as well, an option we should make use of regardless of whether he goes or not.

Back to my wishlist...

OUT

Denilson - 6 million
Bendtner - 10 million
Rosicky - 6 million
Vela - 6 million
Squillaci - 3 million
Almunia - 3 million

Total: 34 million

IN

Kompany - 12 million
Parker - 6 million
Benzema - 25 million
Alvarez - free

Total: 43 million

Kroenke cash

Villas-Boas (Im not letting this one go :p)

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I see people are planning for without Fabregas. Lets see.

Out

Fabregas (35 million), Denilson (6 million), Bendtner (10 million), Rosicky (6 million), Squillaci (3 million), Almunia (3 million), Vela (6 million)

Total: 69 million

In

Özil (25 million), Benzema (25 million), Parker (6 million), Kompany (12 million), Alvarez (free).

Total: 68 million

stuart

Established Member
No way would we get Kompany for £12 million.

As for Aguero, of course he'd be a great signing, but he'd be our only one! No point blowing all our money on one player.

outlaw_member

Established Member
He's one of the only players who'll be able to replicate the quality that Fabregas offers us. If we do happen to lose our captain, I'd be against replacing him with another creative midfielder. Instead, I'd rather we strengthened the defensive core of the team, which has been our biggest problem since Vieira departed the club. Whilst, adding the offensive quality we require to the forward positions.

Floating

Established Member
No way we'd be able to pick up Kompany for 12m, he's the most important player at a club that doesn't need money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom