<

The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. Clarkey

Clarkey New Member

Splurge loads on Cahill to cover up dumping Kolo before he returns in September. Arsène welcomes Kolo with open arms to train and signs him in January. In the same alternate reality we sign Falcao and co.

2. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

I think my wish has shifted from specific players to hoping we play with 2 strikers, 2 proper wingers/wide players, and having our fullbacks actually defend.

As much of a pipe dream as signing Aguero or Benzema, I suppose

3. 1macca1

1macca1 New Member Trusted

That we play like Jan/Feb for the entire of next season, and no injuries. Chip in Coentrao, Parker and at a stretch, aguero too if you will please, God. Thanks.

4. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

5. Raider

Raider New Member

I have a feeling we'll miss out. Could see United moving for him. United City or maybe Pool.

6. spartandre217

spartandre217 Well-Known Member

For 20MILLION?!?! Are you f***ing nuts? Not worth half that IMO.

I haven't spent much time here wishlisting but as for positions I'd gladly like to have strengthened.

CB, LB, CM, LW/RW, ST. Pretty much the entire spine of our team.

CB: Any player above 26 and build like a tank is acceptable. Samba is a good shout there

LB: It seems that Clichy isn't quite fond of staying and losing so he might be on his way. Gibbs is admittedly terrible at this point in time so a new first choice would be a good idea if Clichy refuses to sign. Izaguirre seems like a good shout and most importantly within our price range.

CM: Denilson is finally leaving! And we should replace him with a proper Center mid.Scott Parker's a good shout and most importantly affordable. We don't want players that will overly interfere with the development of Wilshere, Coquelin and Frimpong while still providing 1st team quality.

LW/RW: I'd personally love to have someone like Hazard in our squad but seeing as how that will never happen, Gervinho is an acceptable option on that front for the LW position especially with Arshavin looking likely to either leave or keep rolling at Mach speed downhill physically. I'd also take a young-ish winger like Alvarez to be fair but only for less than 10 Mill.

ST: Replacing Bendtner will be top priority, especially in light of the fact that Chamakh is only so-so and Vela is well a waste of time and space :lol:. Benzema and Falcao are both good shouts but with the latter depending so much on good service unless we get really good wingers that like crossing as much as they like cutting inside and taking a shot

Ah well... the expenditure for such a summer is likely to be in the 60 million range but hey, we need it!

7. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

I wish we had in his prime Esteban Cambiasso.

8. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

Thiago silva
    ever banega
    neymar
    coentrao

9. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Where's the English Grit, Dula?

10. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

Resting. Glad pearce didn't get his way

11. redwhiteAustrian

12. MAK 14

MAK 14 New Member Trusted

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportingo.com/football/a21081_arsenal-as-roma-bosses-meet-sensational-transfer-swap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportingo.com/football/a2108 ... nsfer-swap</a>

Not sure it's worth starting a thread over, but the above link says we could get De Rossi and Roma could get Clichy in return. De Rossi loves Roma, but he's out of contract next year and Roma don't have CL football. Would love him here.

13. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

:shock: :mrgreen:

14. redwhiteAustrian

Too good to be true.

15. Bossa

Bossa New Member

Denilson + Clichy + Bendtner for De Rossi, Yes!

16. spartandre217

spartandre217 Well-Known Member

Any player + cash deal for one of our want-aways would be perfectly acceptable by me :). Clichy, Denilson or Bendtner can go if we get him in return.

Would prefer keeping that player or selling them for full price and getting Parker (homegrown quota and what not) but if he's available......

17. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

My only concern is Italians like to flop in foreign leagues but nevertheless I would love to see him here, shame it's never going to happen.

18. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

Clichy for De Rossi?

um, yes please.. never gonna happen though

19. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

Thought you would have known better US. The last time you said that we signed Arshavin :lol:

I know, I know ;)

20. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

That would be the deal of the century. Make it happen, Gazidis!

Samba, De Rossi, Falcao?