• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Kain

Established Member
Why are we being linked and wish listing all these lightweight playmakers we already have in abundance~?

Bring back David Dein, the man who propelled us to two decades worth of success, this without doubt would benefit us far more than any single player!

wishful_llama

Not a defensive mid, more a box to box/playmaker type player. He pretty much ticks all the boxes for us (tall, experienced, quality passer of the ball, has an incredible work rate and a real leader on the pitch....and has a mean shot on him). He's quite versatile too so I could see him filling in almost anywhere in our midfield, put it this way I'd much rather have him in the squad than Diaby.

Question is would Arsène sign a 30 year old??

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
wishful_llama said:
Not a defensive mid, more a box to box/playmaker type player. He pretty much ticks all the boxes for us (tall, experienced, quality passer of the ball, has an incredible work rate and a real leader on the pitch....and has a mean shot on him). He's quite versatile too so I could see him filling in almost anywhere in our midfield and, put it this way I'd much rather have him in the squad than Diaby.

Question is would Arsène sign a 30 year old??

Well he signed the likes of Squillaci and Silvestre in recent seasons...

I do agree with you regarding his qualities, he's also vastly experienced international and knows the ''feeling'' of winning a trophy.

Pies

Benoît Trémoulinas- (25)- LB - Bordeaux

Some rumours he is going to leave France this summer. Would take him in an instant.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Ha, Lucho Gonzales popped into my head not too long ago. They paid a lot of money for him though so not sure how cheap he would be. A ball playing DM with good defensive qualities would be very interesting.

Floating

Established Member
Pies said:
Benoît Trémoulinas- (25)- LB - Bordeaux

Some rumours he is going to leave France this summer. Would take him in an instant.

Trémoulinas and Aly Cissokho are both good LBs from top clubs in France. I'd take either if Clichy is leaving.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Tremoulinas just had quite a low key season though, not as impressive as the one before. Maybe its just Bordeaux being bad

Pies

I agree he didn't have a great as season as last season, but Bordeaux were poor throughout, still think he is talented.

GunneDown

Pies said:
outlaw_member said:
How do you think we would lineup in a worst case scenario where both Nasri and Cesc leave?

---------Ches---------
Sagna-Kos----TV---Clichy
------Song---Ramsey--
---------Wilshere------
Theo---------------AA
--------RVP----------

Assuming everyone else stayed.
Is interesting...

Theoretically we should have a lot of cash if we lost both Cesc and Nas and any other players we could sell and with the cash already available we should be able to get 4 or 5 good players in, in all areas of the team- a couple of attacking players, a midfielder, a CB or two , even a LB.

Scares me though as even with the money available I'm not so sure we would just start splashing the cash at 5 or so players. Still think we would be frugal with the spending and who knows what we would end up with... :shock:

FFS we still need in 4 or 5 players to be genuine title contenders, even if everyone stayed. :lol:

That is scary! vertainly not a top 4 team and would struggle with top 6!

outlaw_member

Established Member
Ricky Alvarez. I've seen a little more of this guy, and I think he'd be perfect for us. He could cover for Fabregas and also play on the left flank in place of Arshavin. The only question is how productive he'd be. I think we'll come to regret it, if he ends up in Italy. I also think that he'd make a better and more immediate replacement for Fabregas, than Nasri or Wilshere would. He's got exceptional speed and a tall languid frame, much like Diaby, but he's just a lot more clued up in his head. Players with such attributes usually are a major success.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I saw him play in the last two Clausura matches involving Velez. He wasn't great by any means, but you can see that he is a very capable player with excellent attributes.

Bayern Munich and Napoli have both had bids rejected for Arturo Vidal. He's got a year left on his contract, and he's incredibly versatile being able to also perform at LB. The obvious question is, why aren't we after him?

Floating

Established Member
Vidal only has a year left? Snap him up! He's versatile, aggressive, can defend and score goals. He's a great prospect that would be a hell of an upgrade on Denilson.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Would love Vidal here as well. Beast of a midfielder, who's also capable of playing RB.

I think though, Bayern Munich will sign him soon.

outlaw_member

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.latercera.com/noticia/deportes/2011/06/656-373229-9-vidal-quiere-dejar-leverkusen-hay-una-oferta-oficial-de-bayern-munich.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.latercera.com/noticia/deport ... nich.shtml</a>

Floating

Established Member
Fellaini: "One thing is for certain - I want to be playing in a team that wins trophies and plays in the Champions League"

Would love him here, to be fair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom