• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Pies

qs said:
Pies said:
Am I the only one who would love Taarabt? :lol:
I would take him in an instant.

He's easily better than Theo and an out of form Arshavin.
Think he would flourish with us. He does seem to have a bit of an attitude and can be a bit greedy, but reckon he could overcome that playing in the CL and a top 4 side. And hopefully he would mature.

Think he would seriously become a star playing here.

I'd be very surprised if he can take his form into the Premiership. No way is he as good as Theo or Shava.

He's easily better than Theo and better than most of what shava has shown us recently.
Of course he won't be as prolific as he was in the championship, but he still has Plenty of ability.
I admit he will have to mature and continue to develop but IMO he can become a very good player

Pies

qs said:
He's not "easily better than Theo", if he was he wouldn't be playing for QPR.

Probably why he won't be there for much longer. That's a nothing statement anyway, players all have different paths.

Theo will always be limited due to his poor technique and crap first touch. He couldn't even begin to touch what Taarabt did in the championship. I admit he has work to do to make it at the top, but Taarabt is already on a completely different level to Theo as a footballer. Not even close to him in terms of ability.

Pies

redwhiteAustrian said:
What exactly do Taarabt and Theo have in common, that makes one compare each other?

Fair point.

I was just assuming that Taarabt would be pushed out wide if we were to sign him so I was comparing him to some players that play in that area for us. Think he is better than Theo and most of what Shava has showed us recently myself.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Haven't seen enough of Taarabt to come to any conclusion as to where he could end up here, but from the rare footage I've seen (YouTube) he's looked the most dangerous from the centre.

qs

Established Member
Pies said:
qs said:

Probably why he won't be there for much longer. That's a nothing statement anyway, players all have different paths.

Theo will always be limited due to his poor technique and crap first touch. He couldn't even begin to touch what Taarabt did in the championship. I admit he has work to do to make it at the top, but Taarabt is already on a completely different level to Theo as a footballer. Not even close to him in terms of ability.

Theo had 13 goals this season for Arsenal. Taarbt had 19 for QPR. And you reckon Theo "couldn't even begin to touch what Taarabt did in the championship." Get real. Thats the first season Taarbts done anything in his career and he did it as a luxury player in a championship team. If you think he's better than Walcott you don't understand the game.

Pies

qs said:
Pies said:
qs said:

Theo had 13 goals this season for Arsenal. Taarbt had 19 for QPR. And you reckon Theo "couldn't even begin to touch what Taarabt did in the championship." Get real. Thats the first season Taarbts done anything in his career and he did it as a luxury player in a championship team. If you think he's better than Walcott you don't understand the game.

Actually Theo had 9 goals in the PL. But the stats really are not an issue, just look at footballing ability.

I'm interested to hear- where is Theo better than Taarabt?
Adel has better technique, better vision, better touch, better shooting, better passer, better dribbling --- Theo is faster.

Theo will always be limited by his poor technique and poor touch. Which is a big reason why he fails to progress here and hasn't become the player we hoped he would. Theo isn't even close to Adel in terms of footballing ability.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Theo's main qualities - speed, finishing and ability to make runs behind the defence - are not utilized well enough with our team unless Fabregas is playing. most of the rest of the midfield are not able to put those balls properly through the defence and get Theo in on goal.

Theo plays great on instinct. when he has too much time to think, his decisions go wrong. even with that, 13 goals, 10 assists

do we need another African player though? another player to leave during ACN

Anzac

Established Member
THunter said:
They're after Rossi mate, not De Rossi.
The only worry i'd have with Villa is, how would he do in a different league at the age he is now, after playing all his career in Spain.

I'd only take Villa with £30m.

Yeah my bad = I keep getting the names mixed up.
I have simlar thoughts re Villa now that he'd struggle to adapt to the constant physical demands of the PL.

jus2nang

qs said:

Oh please. Was Valencia an inferior player to Theo whilst at Wigan and suddenly become better once at Man Utd? Is Johnny Evans better than Vermaelen?

Theo Walcott is a poor man's Scott Sinclair. I actually have time for Theo, but let's call a spade a spade.

qs

Established Member
jus2nang said:
qs said:

Oh please. Was Valencia an inferior player to Theo whilst at Wigan and suddenly become better once at Man Utd? Is Johnny Evans better than Vermaelen?

Theo Walcott is a poor man's Scott Sinclair. I actually have time for Theo, but let's call a spade a spade.

Grow up.

Floating

Established Member
qs said:
jus2nang said:
qs said:

Grow up.

Seconded, that's absurd.

outlaw_member

Established Member
The only problem with Walcott is that his base level is very low. There are days when you can see where the 'Conference player' remark emanates from.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
jus2nang said:
qs said:

Yep, oh please.

Top Bottom