• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Godsend_Gooner

If we are going to lose Cesc then the most important thing we need to do would be to get a striker who would not require 4-5 chances to score a goal. The loss of creativity would mean that the chances would be lesser and it is of utmost important that we should have players who are able to convert those chances.

So I'd really emphasize on signing an Aguero or Falcao in case Cesc leaves. That and the defense should be shored up is a constant.

spartandre217

Established Member
I'm with you on that one there Godsend. We wouldn't go wrong picking up Alvarez, Gerv and a top striker if it meant moving Denilson, Rozza and Bendtner on as well.

run

Lord Dula said:
Banega and mata if samir and cesc go

My biggest fear is that we lose those two...and maybe clichy...and all we do is replace them. We'd need to strengthen pretty dramatically even if we kept everyone.

qs

Established Member
Did ye see Banega for the goal Argentina conceded last night, embarrassing.

Agueros goal however was beautiful.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Wishlist:

* A new manager with new ideas
* A new coaching staff who understands team defense and organization
* The deadwood at this club to go out the door with Wenger.

This is the wishlist, after all

P_Gunner

MDGoonah41 said:
Wishlist:

* A new manager with new ideas
* A new coaching staff who understands team defense and organization
* The deadwood at this club to go out the door with Wenger.

This is the wishlist, after all

You sent out all the deadwood but forgot to bring in any new players! :lol:

Tangy99

Assuming they both leave, this is my wishlist for life after Cesc and Nasri.

It's very Football Manager-esque and quite extreme!

In:
Hazard - 25m
Mata - 20m
Falcao - 25m
Gervinho - 12m
Baines - 18m
Samba - 12m
Parker - 10m

122m total

Out:
Fabregas - 40m
Nasri - 20m
Clichy - 8m
Arshavin - 8m
Bendtner - 10m
Rosicky - 6m
Squllaci - 3m
Almunia - 2m
Vela - 6m
Denilson - 6m

109m total

This would leave us with something like..

--------Szczesny
Sagna-Samba-Vermaelen-Baines
-----------Song-
------Wilshere-Hazard
Walcott--------------Mata
--------van Persie

Bench/squad options:

Fabianski, Mannone
Gibbs, Eboue, Jenkins
Koscielney, Djourou, Bartley
Lansbury, Ramsey, Frimpong, Coquelin, Diaby, Parker
Chamakh, Falcao, Gervinho

Imo making us a lot stronger as a team whilst costing practically nothing in transfer fees and with the wages balancing themselves out!

number_0

Established Member
Godsend_Gooner said:
If we are going to lose Cesc then the most important thing we need to do would be to get a striker who would not require 4-5 chances to score a goal. The loss of creativity would mean that the chances would be lesser and it is of utmost important that we should have players who are able to convert those chances.

So I'd really emphasize on signing an Aguero or Falcao in case Cesc leaves. That and the defense should be shored up is a constant.

taking our chances has been a problem for the whole team, bringing in one finisher won't solve anything. In my opinion the whole damn team must learn to finish.
I get physically sick everytime we play a game like the cc final with Bham.

Our creativity will take a hit no doubt, bit we will still manage to create enough chances to beat the bottom 10 teams home and away, and aslong as we take our chances consistently, the title will always be up for grabs.

qs

Established Member
Nearly all strikers take 3/4 chances to get a goal. For instance in terms of shots/goal ratios Chamakh last season compares favourably to Drogba over the years. The real quality of a goal scorer is getting on the end of chances as often as possible.

mistaT

Established Member
qs said:
Nearly all strikers take 3/4 chances to get a goal. For instance in terms of shots/goal ratios Chamakh last season compares favourably to Drogba over the years. The real quality of a goal scorer is getting on the end of chances as often as possible.

Ya Drogba has always been quite wasteful, in my opinion the true mark of a great striker is making something out of nothing and scoring when its need most.

In those regards Drogba has always excelled, while Chamakh will always been found wanting. No matter how long Chamakh is here I doubt we'll ever see him score a great individual goal.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Exactly MistaT, every big game Drogba is raring to go and very rarely messes up at key times. Apart from CL final sending off of course.

Think of how many big Champions League goals he has scored, big goals vs us United Liverpool etc.

Great player, and as you said Chamakh just doesn't have that as much as I wish he did.

Bossa

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
We don't get rid of Almunia or Bendtner???

Other than that I totally agree, but with Gervinho in as well.

Yes, Bendtner is a goner and we basically already have Gervinho.

add 10m to Bendtner and 10m to Gervinho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom