The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

We definitely won't be buying 2 CB's.

Bare minimum we need a CB, midfielder and an attacking player(striker/wide player) just to keep us competitive.

2. spartandre217

spartandre217 Well-Known Member

Can we pick up Kaka/Jadson/Hazard, Ruiz/Zarate, CB (how I'd love Coates) and maybe M'Vila within the next 4 days.

I know, I'm dreaming. :(

3. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

kagawa, ganso and abidal...

4. arsenallegends

arsenallegends New Member

Martin, Jagielka, Hazard/M'Vila

Song/Frimpong-M'Villa/Ramsey
    Jack/Diaby

Would be a very decent midfield.

5. mo50

mo50 Active Member Elite

1 defender, 2 midfielders and another attacker is what we need.

Wenger said "1 or 2" so we're ****ed.

6. There is light

There is light New Member

Hazard/gotze is a far cry.

I'd be happy with borja valero/kagawa/honda. Priority wise it's AM>CM>LB>CB>ST for me, we only have one playmaker in rosicky now, desperately need a signing there! I'm confident we'll sign at least 2 players but im not sure if they will be of the desired quality as we've left it too late so will have to overpay anyway. Now that pool have got coates, there is a big chance we will get cahill but then maybe chelsea will be in for him if alex moves to juve.

7. Vela

Vela Member

It's a wish list.

8. 1macca1

1macca1 New Member Trusted

If nobody did realistic wishlists they'd all be full of Messi's, Alonso's, etc. Best to stick to realistic (but still a bit dreamy) ones. 7 players in 7 days is far from that.

9. Vela

Vela Member

It's a wishlist though. hence the title?

10. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

I don't want either Jack or Rambo in starting roles as IMO we'd place too much expectation & reliance upon them. Further to that I don't trust Diaby or Rosicky to stay fit enough as back-ups, meaning that we'd again over rely upon the kids.

11. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hazard
    M'Vila
    Cahill
    Baines

I'd go from feeling nothing but fear about the future of the club to incredibly hopeful with those 4. We'd have a very determined and athletic squad.

A spine with Szczesny, Cahill, Verm, M'Vila and Wilshere in it with Van Persie is a good physically and mentally strong unit that could win us trophies.

12. 1macca1

1macca1 New Member Trusted

My point was, if you're going to be totally unrealistic with quantity, why not with quality.

@Anzac; You don't want Wilshere as a starter? Just keep one of the top midfielders in the world on the bench despite being his teams best midfielder, good idea...

13. Vela

Vela Member

All of them players we've been linked with though?

14. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

Wilshere's already broken down. He shouldn't be a first team starter at our club, not because he doesn't have the talent, but simply because he's still a young lad.

15. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

The other factor is to compare the team strengths that Cesc had at the same age so as to give an indication of the level of pressure & expectation upon both Jack & Rambo.

16. Beeney

Beeney New Member

I doubt we'll sign more than 3 players in this window, we've got more chance of signing Ronaldo than we have signing 7 players. It's a wishlist thread but it's got to be realistic.

17. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

New wishlist.

Cahill, Schweinsteiger/M'Vila/Lucho/Montolivo, Bryan Ruiz/Kaka/Gotze

18. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

--- Sagna -- Albiol --- TV --- Baines ---

-------- M'Vila ------- Wilshere --------

---- Walcott --- Kaka ---- Gervinho ----

------------- RvP ---------------------

19. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

I like it,
    but since this IS The Wish List I'd like this even better...

Sagna - Albiol - TV - Cissokho

.... M'Vila ...... Sneijder .....

Hazard/Zarate ..... Kaka ...... Gervinho

............ RVP ..............

:bounce

Me thinks that would REALLY set the cat amongst the pigeons in the PL AND CL, as well as thumbing our nose at those so recently departed. :wink:

20. bazza_afc

bazza_afc New Member

Cahill
    Baines
    M'Villa
    Hazard
    Centre forward