• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

spartandre217

Established Member
Can we pick up Kaka/Jadson/Hazard, Ruiz/Zarate, CB (how I'd love Coates) and maybe M'Vila within the next 4 days.

I know, I'm dreaming. :(

mo50

Established Member
1 defender, 2 midfielders and another attacker is what we need.

Wenger said "1 or 2" so we're ****ed.

There is light

Hazard/gotze is a far cry.

I'd be happy with borja valero/kagawa/honda. Priority wise it's AM>CM>LB>CB>ST for me, we only have one playmaker in rosicky now, desperately need a signing there! I'm confident we'll sign at least 2 players but im not sure if they will be of the desired quality as we've left it too late so will have to overpay anyway. Now that pool have got coates, there is a big chance we will get cahill but then maybe chelsea will be in for him if alex moves to juve.

Vela

Established Member
Beeney said:
Vela said:
Hazard
Parker
M'Vila
Marvin Martin/ Mario Gotze
Cahill
Baines
& a Striker

You want Arsène to buy 7 players in 10 days? Be realistic, I would take 2 CB's and 2 CM's and hopefully that would give us strength in depth through the spine of the team which we have lacked in the last few seasons.

It's a wish list.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Vela said:
Beeney said:
Vela said:
Hazard
Parker
M'Vila
Marvin Martin/ Mario Gotze
Cahill
Baines
& a Striker

You want Arsène to buy 7 players in 10 days? Be realistic, I would take 2 CB's and 2 CM's and hopefully that would give us strength in depth through the spine of the team which we have lacked in the last few seasons.

It's a wish list.
If nobody did realistic wishlists they'd all be full of Messi's, Alonso's, etc. Best to stick to realistic (but still a bit dreamy) ones. 7 players in 7 days is far from that.

Anzac

Established Member
arsenallegends said:
Martin, Jagielka, Hazard/M'Vila

Song/Frimpong-M'Villa/Ramsey
Jack/Diaby

Would be a very decent midfield.

I don't want either Jack or Rambo in starting roles as IMO we'd place too much expectation & reliance upon them. Further to that I don't trust Diaby or Rosicky to stay fit enough as back-ups, meaning that we'd again over rely upon the kids.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hazard
M'Vila
Cahill
Baines

I'd go from feeling nothing but fear about the future of the club to incredibly hopeful with those 4. We'd have a very determined and athletic squad.

A spine with Szczesny, Cahill, Verm, M'Vila and Wilshere in it with Van Persie is a good physically and mentally strong unit that could win us trophies.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Vela said:
It's a wishlist though. hence the title?
My point was, if you're going to be totally unrealistic with quantity, why not with quality.

@Anzac; You don't want Wilshere as a starter? Just keep one of the top midfielders in the world on the bench despite being his teams best midfielder, good idea...

outlaw_member

Established Member
1macca1 said:
Vela said:
My point was, if you're going to be totally unrealistic with quantity, why not with quality.

@Anzac; You don't want Wilshere as a starter? Just keep one of the top midfielders in the world on the bench despite being his teams best midfielder, good idea...

Wilshere's already broken down. He shouldn't be a first team starter at our club, not because he doesn't have the talent, but simply because he's still a young lad.

Anzac

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
1macca1 said:
Vela said:

Wilshere's already broken down. He shouldn't be a first team starter at our club, not because he doesn't have the talent, but simply because he's still a young lad.

The other factor is to compare the team strengths that Cesc had at the same age so as to give an indication of the level of pressure & expectation upon both Jack & Rambo.

Beeney

Vela said:
All of them players we've been linked with though?

I doubt we'll sign more than 3 players in this window, we've got more chance of signing Ronaldo than we have signing 7 players. It's a wishlist thread but it's got to be realistic.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
--- Sagna -- Albiol --- TV --- Baines ---

-------- M'Vila ------- Wilshere --------

---- Walcott --- Kaka ---- Gervinho ----

------------- RvP ---------------------

Anzac

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
--- Sagna -- Albiol --- TV --- Baines ---

-------- M'Vila ------- Wilshere --------

---- Walcott --- Kaka ---- Gervinho ----

------------- RvP ---------------------

I like it,
but since this IS The Wish List I'd like this even better...

Sagna - Albiol - TV - Cissokho

.... M'Vila ...... Sneijder .....

Hazard/Zarate ..... Kaka ...... Gervinho

............ RVP ..............

:bounce

Me thinks that would REALLY set the cat amongst the pigeons in the PL AND CL, as well as thumbing our nose at those so recently departed. :wink:

mistaT

Established Member
@Anzac - You really think Sneijder could play effectively so withdrawn? Not sure he has that in him, especially in the league...

Top Bottom