• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

raidersoftheark

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I've finally decided on the squad I realistically want for this season;

------------------------van Persie/Park
Gervinho/Vargas------------------------------------Walcott/Oxlade
----------------Wilshere/Ramsey-Montolivo/Frimpong
--------------------------M'Vila/Song
Gibbs/Santos-Vermaelen/Koscielny-Mertesacker/Samba-Sagna/Onouha
------------------------Szczesny/Fabianski

Decided to go for a 4411. 433 seems pointless to me, with Cesc and Nasri gone.

----------------------------Theo--------------------------------
------------------------van Persie/Park
Gervinho/Vargas-----------------------------------Either a new RW or Oxlade/Miyaichi
------------------Wilshere/Ramsey--------M'Vila/Song
Gibbs/Santos-Vermaelen/Koscielny-Mertesacker/Samba-Sagna/Onouha
------------------------Szczesny/Fabianski

Frimpong to deputise in CM in case of injuries.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
And if we don't get a new winger, play Gervinho on the right and Vargas left. We never figured out how to get the best defensive balance in a 433 anyways, so even by opening up the midfield a little more, I doubt we're going to do any worse defensively. In any case, M'vila and Jack have the quality to make a 2 man midfield work (although this now makes Song the odd man out, as he's definitely far better as a sitter and will struggle in a 2 man mid). This'll certainly bring Robin back into the game too (as our Bergkamp) and if Theo can learn how to play like Hernandez, then his speed and movement should give plenty of headaches for opposing defenses.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Definitely, mate. A 4-4-2 is a better fit for our current options, and even with those players that have yet to be acquired. The best thing about the 4-4-2 right now is that we can then afford not to to sign a creative midfielder.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
outlaw_member said:
Definitely, mate. A 4-4-2 is a better fit for our current options, and even with those players that have yet to be acquired. The best thing about the 4-4-2 right now is that we can then afford not to to sign a creative midfielder.

I'm not sure that's true yet. We don't have any devastating wingers or a top class creative midfielder who is ready to go now, so in order for either formation to be a success we need a marquee signing in midfield...whether that's a high quality wideman or creative CM.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
just for ****s and giggles

which Arsenal player in their prime would be the best signing tofay?(if we have a time machine or whatever)

And which former Arsenal player who is still active could we use/need?

ibby

Established Member
YeahBee said:
just for ***** and giggles

which Arsenal player in their prime would be the best signing tofay?(if we have a time machine or whatever)

Thierry Henry.

Cesc Fabregas.

Not really sure how anyone could give a different answer to both. :lol:

Floating

Established Member
YeahBee said:

Um, Cesc Fabregas.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The hour one shall dare to dream!!

M'vila
Montolivo
Samba

And an assistant manager knows how to coach defending and install tactical senses into youngsters.

Get all three I'd forgive Arsène and the trophies should come this season!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
ibby said:
YeahBee said:

Thierry Henry.

Cesc Fabregas.

Well Thierry is arguable IMO. Sure one of the best strikers ever but we have had several world class players on several positions could any of them be of more use?

And with former player I meant somebody we could actually sign now, cesc/Nasri are obviously out, they are at bigger clubs, earn more money, yadda yadda, can't leave in this transfer window

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

ibby said:
YeahBee said:

Thierry Henry.

Cesc Fabregas.

Beat me to it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

MDGoonah41 said:
Messi in January and the squad is complete

He'd get three games before a cold February night in Stoke and then be rubbish for us, obviously :lol:

In all seriousness, Messi would **** on players in this league to the point where he'd get seriously injured by some neanderthal.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
New wishlisting commence!

I hope we have a second clearout by next season and say goodbye to Almunia (f*ck out of here man, nobody wants you), Squillaci, Diaby, Arshavin, Rosicky, Chamakh, Vela, and maybe one or two others.

Would love to get Cahill on a free (maybe sell Djourou if we do), M'Vila, Hazard and a striker!

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yep the next couple of windows will determine whether we really want to get up with United again.

I'd get Cahill on a free, a quality attacker who can play with Van Persie and maybe one more player too.

jaguars4ever

DJ_Markstar said:
MDGoonah41 said:
Messi in January and the squad is complete

He'd get three games before a cold February night in Stoke and then be rubbish for us, obviously :lol:

In all seriousness, Messi would **** on players in this league to the point where he'd get seriously injured by some neanderthal.
Messi never gets injured. It's like he's made of lead.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
am really shocked that almunia is still here looks like no team want him we must release him in january, squillaci maybe we could sell him in the winter transfer window he not needed.

my big wishlist that we get one of gotze mvila or hazard next window gotze and hazard will not happend but mvila could happen.

Top Bottom