• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

musicmonkey

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
musicmonkey said:
Johnson is far from starting quality.

He should be starting for City imo, he is a little selfish but most of the best forwards are.
Sorry but i don't agree, he's incredibly one dimensional his link up play is no where near the rest of the City players neither is the quality of his runs. His first touch is also a cut below the rest of City's options. Literally all he can do is pick up the ball out wide and cut inside if he's played on the right or cross it if he's on the left. A lot of my mates are City fans and they'd all say the same thing.

The guys the level of a Europa league side imo.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Seems like Torres is on his way out, if the price is reasonable I think we should take the gamble!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rumours in Marca a few days ago that Chelsea where thinking of offering Torres and money for Falcao.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
krengon said:
Seems like Torres is on his way out, if the price is reasonable I think we should take the gamble!

I'd like this a lot for a number of reasons (mainly money) it won't happen.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Robin goes i want us to do whatever it takes to get Falcao, the lad has everything. If we can't get him, go for Cavani, we should be able to get one of them but if not i'd settle for Higuain or Huntelaar.

1. Falcao
2. Cavani
3. Higuain
4. Huntelaar

Hopefully he stays though. :wink:

truth_hurts

THunter said:
If Robin goes i want us to do whatever it takes to get Falcao, the lad has everything. If we can't get him, go for Cavani, we should be able to get one of them but if not i'd settle for Higuain or Huntelaar.

1. Falcao
2. Cavani
3. Higuain
4. Huntelaar

Hopefully he stays though. :wink:

Higuain less so but they are all pure goalscorers, rather than team players who get involved in the build up play. Very different types of player to RVP. I wouldn't mind but it will affect the way we play somewhat.

iced22

Those 4 are almost inseparable to me. All mainly goalscorers with a decent but not superb supporting game. Hard to find a forward that has Van Persie's creativity but can still smash them in regularly.

Surprised that Llorente isn't getting much mention though. Excellent aerial threat and would bring a different dimension, the kind of thing Chamakh was supposed to do but failed at. Heard his contract may be running down too.

jus2nang

Does this include players we wish to ship out?

If so, deadwood list :

Almunia
Squillaci
Denilson
Arshavin
Bendtner
Chamakh
Vela

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I will not say all the obvious players we are linked with that I'd want.
All those players aside, I'd like to see us go for Ivan Rakitic.
He'd be cheap, he is in my oppinion best player Croatia has and he was never used or treated the way he should have been.
If we sell Arshavin and don't sign Benayoun, I'd like to see that move happen.
Even though our last purchase from Sevilla didn't turn out as well as we hoped.

eye4goal

Established Member
THunter said:
If Robin goes i want us to do whatever it takes to get Falcao, the lad has everything. If we can't get him, go for Cavani, we should be able to get one of them but if not i'd settle for Higuain or Huntelaar

Falcao is more lethal but I'd prefer Cavani for his all round game. Higuain and Huntelaar are more realistic. I'd add Cisse to that list

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
While the entire world is looking at Hazard and Kagawa, I think you should snap up Eriksen before the EC. He'll fit PERFECTLY into your style of play, is young, never been injured, fantastic attitude and workrate and immensely talented.

Could probably get him for £10-11m, and with Wilshere coming back and Ramsey (hopefully) improving, getting M'vila/Capoue + Eriksen I'd say would be a good summer if you include Podolski.

truth_hurts

Dokaka said:
While the entire world is looking at Hazard and Kagawa, I think you should snap up Eriksen before the EC. He'll fit PERFECTLY into your style of play, is young, never been injured, fantastic attitude and workrate and immensely talented.

Could probably get him for £10-11m, and with Wilshere coming back and Ramsey (hopefully) improving, getting M'vila/Capoue + Eriksen I'd say would be a good summer if you include Podolski.

I rate him very highly to be honest.

Wouterus

Eriksen stated that he wants to stay at Ajax for one more year at least. But even is he does want to leave , Ajax won't be eager to sell him. He will cost about £20m.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Wouterus said:
Eriksen stated that he wants to stay at Ajax for one more year at least. But even is he does want to leave , Ajax won't be eager to sell him. He will cost about £20m.
I remember reading that Ajax turned down £20m from Chelsea a few seasons back because he wanted to stay so he'd be fairly hefty price wise i reckon despite his drop in form this season (from what i've heard anyway).

Top Bottom