• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

wishful_llama

Vela said:
Nuri Şahin and Ibrahim Afellay could both be available this summer. Real Madrid are reportedly after Modric and Şahin didn't play much last season for them. If a bid came in for Afellay I reckon Barcelona could sell him.

Nuri Sahin would be an outstanding buy. Even if we paid the fee Real Madrid paid for him (10m euros) he'd be such a bargain

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
iced22 said:
Was supposed to be out of contract this summer and Mancini was interested, but he re-upped with Roma, so I don't think he'll be leaving anytime soon.

These days he spends as much time at CB as he does in the midfield. Still a great player though.
exactly.. unfortunately, he re-signed with Roma, and will probably retire there (he is Roman after all and they love him there).. still been playing well, even when filling in at CB either at Roma or the Azzurri..

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Honda/Sahin/Belhanda
Vertonghen
Lloris

----------------Van Persie
Podolski---------Honda-----------Walcott
-------------Song----Arteta
Santos-----Vermaelen---Koscielny----Sagna
-----------------Lloris

Giroud, Oxlade, Rosicky, M'Vila, Gibbs, Vertonghen, Szczesny

Im turning into Reyes no 11 :lol:

Kanonier

USArsenal said:
iced22 said:
Was supposed to be out of contract this summer and Mancini was interested, but he re-upped with Roma, so I don't think he'll be leaving anytime soon.

These days he spends as much time at CB as he does in the midfield. Still a great player though.
exactly.. unfortunately, he re-signed with Roma, and will probably retire there (he is Roman after all and they love him there).. still been playing well, even when filling in at CB either at Roma or the Azzurri..

He expressed in a news conference that he's interested in English Premier League Football and would welcome a change. Hmmmm.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/euro-2012/2012/0621/325901-de-rossi-admits-premier-league-attraction/

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
De Rossi is a loyal honest guy, he could have just re-upped so that Roma gets paid

Could he really sign for another Italian team?

Kanonier

I wouldn't mind signing Thomas Müller from Bayern München. He is only 22 years old, he is a great CAM, a highly talented player with lots of international experience with Bayern München and Germany, he won the best young player in the 2010 World Cup and he is considering a move to a new club after he has been relegated to the bench. His transfer fee is reported to be £25 Million, but he would bring a tremendous upside to Arsenal.

thomas_muller2_1674883c.jpg

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
As all Bayern players that came through the Bayern youth ranks - highly unlikely to move anywhere. And even if he would, he wouldn't come to us.

That said: thank **** he wouldn't, rightfully dropped at Bayern since he only shows up when he can be bothered, his work rate is far from good and for 25m we could get far better players.
Can't stand the arrogant ****, living in Germany I see his ugly face everywhere. I'm a peace loving man, but I caught myself subconsciously crack my knuckles every time I see him, seriously :lol: Stands out as a despicable **** in a team full of those.

iced22

Think Muller's a younger, more expensive Dempsey. Very clever with his movement and has a good eye for goal, not the kind of guy who will split a defense at will or leave 5 guys in the dirt.

Does the general public in Germany think of him that way? Don't know why but I always got the image that he's one of those nice guys that everybody likes.

mistaT

Established Member
Not a terrible comparison iced22 - but I think its fair to say that Muller gets by on excellent technique while Dempsey excels on brute strength/desire.

You won't see Muller attack crosses like Dempsey does, adversely you won't see Dempsey scoring some of the goals Muller can.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
The same I see Dzagoev as.

I am very happy we signed 2 good forwards. We still need a creative midfielder and maybe a backup RB and we are absolutely good to go.

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:
The same I see Dzagoev as.

I am very happy we signed 2 good forwards. We still need a creative midfielder and maybe a backup RB and we are absolutely good to go.

I still want a backup GK & a defensive midfield option (does NOT mean a sitting DM type).

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We have got Arteta Wilshere Song Frimpong Coquelin for 2 defensive Midfield spots. Think its good enough. Even Ramsey is more suited playing there imo.

We only have Rosicky effectively for the playmaker spot. We definitely need more playmakers.

Backup gk wise depends on what happens to Fabianski. Not too worried though, Martinez is very talented

dpt49

Established Member
Clrnc said:
We have got Arteta Wilshere Song Frimpong Coquelin for 2 defensive Midfield spots. Think its good enough. Even Ramsey is more suited playing there imo.

We only have Rosicky effectively for the playmaker spot. We definitely need more playmakers.

Backup gk wise depends on what happens to Fabianski. Not too worried though, Martinez is very talented
This is a big problem.
We are a club that prides itself on attractive football yet we rely on players like Rosicky to do the job Cesc and Nasri used to do.

I know he had a reasonably good season, but he has struggled with consistency, in previous seasons.
He has also struggled with injuries and is over thirty, so it is probably risky to rely on him for a whole season.

I know Wilshere is coming back from injury but I feel we need a quality AM to replace Cesc.

The only problem with this is they don't come cheap and judging by Wengers targets in this transfer window, he is reluctant to spend big money on one player, so I am not sure what the solution is.

I also agree we need an EPL experienced GK as back up to Szczesney.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yep same thoughts. Imo Rosicky was much better in the playmaker spot than Nasri though because of his explosiveness and eagerness to dribble, take on players. He is very mobile which helped us alot in our second half of the season, completely turning out season around against Sp**s. Nasri was a bloody coward in that position, sideway passes everywhere. Same as what he is doing now for France.

Therefore, we need someone in the mould of Rosicky, but obviously better in terms of goals and assists input. Not much out there though, but in my wishlists are the following few.

Jovetic, Dzagoev, Eriksen, Gotze, Honda.

dpt49

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Yep same thoughts. Imo Rosicky was much better in the playmaker spot than Nasri though because of his explosiveness and eagerness to dribble, take on players. He is very mobile which helped us alot in our second half of the season, completely turning out season around against Sp**s. Nasri was a bloody coward in that position, sideway passes everywhere. Same as what he is doing now for France.

Therefore, we need someone in the mould of Rosicky, but obviously better in terms of goals and assists input. Not much out there though, but in my wishlists are the following few.

Jovetic, Dzagoev, Eriksen, Gotze, Honda.
All these players are realistic targets but is Wenger going to spend more than 15m to get any of them.

He has already spent 20m on Podolski and Giroud, and with M'Vila a possibility at 20m it means that Wenger will have to spend more than 65m to get these players, as well as a decent AM.

It will mean his usual transfer window of a net spending of zero will be blown out of the water.

Of course if you take the 25m net profit from last seasons sales and the possible sale of RVP, which would be around 30m, it all starts to add up.

For example,

In

Podolski 10m
Giroud 10m
M'Vila 20m
Goetze 25m

Total 65m

Out

RVP 30m
Bendtner 5m
Arshavin 5m
Profit from
last season 25m

Total 65m

I know this is not going to happen, and the figures are pure speculation, but it does mean we would break even.

I personally don't think this would be the worst outcome.
One quality player out and four quality players in.

If you take our spending patterns on transfers since Wenger has been here, we never spend more on transfers than we have sold, and I can't see any reason why Wenger and the board would act any differently in this transfer window.

The ideal scenario, and wishlist, would be, RVP stay and buy M'Vila and Goetze/Honda, to go with Podolski and Giroud.
That would be the best transfer window we would have had under Wenger.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Gotze will go for about 30-40m imo. We don't need Mvila so I rather use that money to buy Gotze.

Wouldn't mind selling Walcott for Ben Arfa

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Not sure about PL-unproven players coming in to replace our top player in terms of goals and assists, especially not a kid like Götze, who while being exceptionally talented is still young and disappears quite often in games, and offers nothing defensively. I'd seriously rather have Rosicky at AM, and I'm not perfectly happy with him either.

If we get in an AM, we should look for someone proven, who could perform right away, nearer to his thirties than twenties. We have enough potential for the position in the squad.

I think Wenger will have Giroud as a classic #9, with RVP as SS/AM behind him. Robin doesn't really rely on his pace, so I'm sure he could play that role for a few years, he even said himself that he doesn't see himself as a pure striker. Also, we'd be sorted in terms of creativity and goal threat from AM and ST, opposed to last season.

Top Bottom