• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Vela

Established Member
Weren't you one of the people on here who said Arsenal wouldn't finish in the top four last season?

The Escaped Ape

Keisuke Honda. He's got the right skill-set, is more suited to a AM position than the DM he's been asked to play by CSKA so often, is desperate to move to a bigger club and would be very keen to prove that he's as good as Kagawa (having been used to being Japan's highest profile player, I think he's finding it hard that Kagawa's getting all the attention.

He's robust/strong enough for the Premier League and very driven. Plus in the last year of his contract I think, so I reckon probably available for about £10m...

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Totally agree Ape , plays between the lines , great first touch , vision and glides past players . Not sure why none of the big clubs have put in a bid for him -wouldn't be out of place in Barca .

Anzac

Established Member
Vela said:
Weren't you one of the people on here who said Arsenal wouldn't finish in the top four last season?

Dunno tbh - may have said after the start of the season that it was unlikely or something along those lines, but I don't recall stating we wouldn't.

I am prepared to say we won't win anything whilst the status quo remains re manager & Board ..... :wink:

Bossa

Established Member
Honda is overrated. He has shown nothing at CSCKA yet. He's getting too much credit for some few good games at the WC. A team like AS Roma or Newcastle is probably his ceiling. Just good technique is not good enough for the top.

The Escaped Ape

He's not being played in his preferred position for most of his time as CSKA and his good performances for his national team extend beyond the world cup (to Japan's recent qualification matches for the next world cup, where he put in performances that caught the eye more than Kagawa's did, who's good enough for Man U).

Pea-Tear-Griffin

I would still like Gylfi Sigurdsson as with him in our centre attacking midfield position, all of our front players would be willing to shoot on sight.
His general play e.g passing, driving runs etc are good and he would be available for £8million which is a very reasonable price, especially giving his wages would be low.
Plus, with Giroud coming in his set pieces and crossing would bring a new dimension to our play.
Even though he is heavily rumoured to be going to Liverpool, I feel that with champions league football we may be able to get him.

mo50

Established Member
As soon as United were interested we had no hope.

What we should've done was signed Mata before Cesc/Nasri left, and before Chelsea started sniffing.

Kanonier

I think that we have done very well this transfer market with the signings of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud and hopefully we will soon sign Yann M'Vila as well. Nontheless, I think that we definitely need to sign a right back to cover the absence of Bacary Sagna during the first months of the season and an attacking midfielder.

Therefore, here's my two remaining wishes:

Right Back: Mathieu Debuchy - OSC Lille (26 years old)

Mathieu-Debuchy-Newcastle-United.jpg

Attacking Midfielder: Marouane Fellaini - Everton (25 years old)

efc__1237044746_Fellainis-new-hairstyle.jpg

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Fellaini's a funny one, people either seem to love him or hate him. If he come here, it'd be to take Song's place IMO.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
we've (basically) done 2/3 most important part for the summer - signed the backups/negotiating tools. now it's time to tie down RVP (and walcott). no matter how much we think he'll have control over Wenger in pushing thru transfers, we secretly know deep down that it'll never happen. we can come up with gazillion of reasons, but the idea is that Arsène Wenger will do what Arsène Wenger thinks is the best way to go, and that may or may not involve signing any other players before we clear up with RVP.

that's not to say i don't want any other players, i still think we're short a couple of backup players and a classy/flair/tricky game changer. but (IMO of course) we're done with the early business (ala Gerv last season) and now it's the waiting game. we'll probably wait at least until after the first pre-season camp to assess how younger players are coming along and what the injury situation looks like.

For starters, Fab and Alm were both free this season, but only Almunia has left so far, even tho Fab's camp was the more local about leaving Arsenal. contracts run out June 1st no? well, it's past due, and either way i don't think he's gone yet. nothing on other GKs either, loan, sell - nothing. we can at least say there's a possibility that he'll stay, and a new GK will definitely depend on him.

in defence, we're looking good numbers wise and djourou isn't the world's worst defender as it's made out to be so often. but the current setup is probably unfortunate for him - not too versatile, not the youngest at the stage of his career that he needs to be playing regularly, and probably at a different league/system. he was actually rather decent under the right conditions - i.e. Cesc's last season with 2 pacy fullbacks covering and Song/Wilshere ahead of him. either way, a backup/utility defender will certainly depend on him. also, who knows, maybe Arsène might think Miquel/Bartley/Coquelin have enough to cover. it's unlikely we'll have four fullbacks out again, and we have 3-4 options for RB/LB, and 5-6 CBs with Song.

in midfield we have even more numbers, just not too fit/good enough. (Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey, Diaby, Wilshere, Frimpong, Coquelin, Chambo - and every single one a fitness suspect). if we ever need an excuse, that's 9 options for 3 positions. especially here we might wait until we know more on Wilshere/Diaby/Coquelin. If M'Vila is coming, then we have rather different plans for Coq, Frimpong, Diaby or eveb Ramsey. and then there's afcon.

I don't think we'll sign another senior forward/AM unless both RvP and Theo are leaving. either way, we might not see Park leave.

All that being said, Cesc or Messi wouldn't be bad. it's the wishlist right? :D

Top Bottom