• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dpt49

Established Member
say yes said:
Bosingwa is laughably bad, it would be a sylvestre-esque signing.
That word should be in the dictionary.

Sylvestre-esque
adj.
Of, relating to a footballer given by a club to there closest rival for a nominal fee.
Although the footballer had a fairly successful career for the selling club, for the buying club he serves no purpose other than to ruin any chance they had of winning a title.

Impact

Established Member
I think I'd like to see another forward - alongside an attacking midfielder - if van Persie leaves. I see Podolski and Giroud as our main strikers with Podolski playing out wide occasionally. Leaving Walcott, Gervinho and Chamberlain as our wide forward options. With Gervinho required for ACON duty, I feel we'd be a bit light in those positons without a signing.

New player/Chamberlain - Podolski/Giroud - Walcott/Gervinho

I think the player should be a hybrid between a ball carrier and outlet player. I don't have a particular recommendation as to who but a player in the mould of Kevin Mirallas or Matias Suarez would be welcomed.

---
That's on the basis we sell:-
- Park; Chamakh; Bendtner; Arshavin and van Persie

iced22

Impact said:
I think I'd like to see another forward - alongside an attacking midfielder - if van Persie leaves. I see Podolski and Giroud as our main strikers with Podolski playing out wide occasionally. Leaving Walcott, Gervinho and Chamberlain as our wide forward options. With Gervinho required for ACON duty, I feel we'd be a bit light in those positons without a signing.

New player/Chamberlain - Podolski/Giroud - Walcott/Gervinho

I think the player should be a hybrid between a ball carrier and outlet player. I don't have a particular recommendation as to who but a player in the mould of Kevin Mirallas or Matias Suarez would be welcomed.

---
That's on the basis we sell:-
- Park; Chamakh; Bendtner; Arshavin and van Persie

Seconded.

We're so horribly thin out wide it's not funny. Even if Cazorla or Podolski were to spend sometime out wide, that would just rob us of depth in other positions and leave us no better than before. Also don't believe that out wide is Cazorla and Podolski's best positions.

Besides, at this point none of our wide players are good enough to be undisputed starters. We need someone quality out there to give Walcott and Gervinho a kick in their asses.

Jovetic would be excellent, but we're probably priced out. Most likely it'll have to be someone like Adrian or Remy.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
OK so even if we do sign Cazorla we would probably need another attacker if Theo decides to go. Lets say Chelsea want him....would you be happy with a Sturridge swap and 10 or 15 million thrown in?

Have to admit i'd be tempted. He's a talented lad and he can play wide right and up front on his own, and he would offer something different alongside either Podolski or Giroud if we needed to throw on another man up top.

Our options would be Giroud/Podolski/Cazorla and Chamakh/Gervinho/Chamberlain. Its not ideal to have Chamakh as striker cover and Cazorla taking up a forward spot rather than in midfield. If Theo is on the move then I think getting a decent fee plus Sturridge might not be a bad idea.

Flow

IN:
Podolski
Giroud
Cazorla
Mirallas
M'Vila
Back-up goalie

OUT:
Van Persie
Diaby
Arshavin
Chamakh
Bendtner
Squillaci
etc.

--------------------------------------Giroud/Podolski
Oxlade/Gervinho--------Cazorla/Rosicky--------Mirallas/Walcott
----------------------Arteta/Wilshere--------M'Vila/Song
Gibbs/Santos--Koscielny/Mertesacker--Vermaelen/Miguel--Sagna/Jenkinson
-----------------------------------------Szczesny/?

fabo

6.51 / 10
In: M'Vila + Cazorla
Out: Coquelin on loan, and get rid of as many of the duds as possible.

If M'Vila is available for cheap-ish, it's an absolute no-brainer. As it is we have Song + Arteta as fairly reliable CM's, that's it. Definitely not good enough and that pairing will only get us so far even if they stay fit.

Far too many players at the club, it's a mess.

Impact

Established Member
I think we really need to push harder to sell our deadweight: Fabianski (Although it looks like he will be staying) Mannone; Squillaci; Bendtner; Arshavin; Chamakh and Park all should be sold by August 18th.

wishful_llama

Ideal summer as it stands, I'm trying not to be too outlandish

In (Including players already signed):

1) Cazorla
2) M'Vila
3) Niang
4) Giroud (Done)
5) Podolski (Done)

Out (There's a lot of them):

1) Vela (Done?)
2) Squillaci
3) Diaby
4) Rosicky (Old, injury prone and fairly ****. Shouldn't of been given a 2 year extension IMO)
5) Lansbury
6) Park
7) Denilson (Done for another year)
8) Chamakh
9) Bendtner
10) Arshavin

First XI

--------------Szczesny

Sagna--Koscielny---Vermaelen--Gibbs

----------Song----M'Vila

Cazorla------Wilshere------Podolski

-----------Van Persie (Maybe with this team behind him he'll sign a new deal and stay?)

Subs: Fabianski, Mertesacker, Santos, Arteta, Chamberlain, Walcott, Giroud

I'd say that team/bench is comparable strength to Man Utd's, not as strong as City or Chelsea (potentially) but who apart from Real/Barca are anyway?

musicmonkey

Established Member
I know it's a wish list but there's next to no chance Rosicky being sold because he's injured. 6-8 weeks or something like that and i think he's having a minor op or something. Selling Diaby on top of that would reduce our numbers and i think it'd weaken us more than the benefits of selling. Rosicky is brilliant backup, he just can't hack more than 60 minutes without fading, Diaby should hopefully contribute more this season. Selling them puts a lot of pressure on Wilshere to get fit and perform after a year out.

Not the year to be selling them imo. I'd consider next year a lot more.

Think we'll struggle to shift Squillaci too, i reckon we'll wind up having to go for a loan with a percentage of his wage covered.

Goon_si

@wishful_llama

+1
I wanted to make a wishlist with my ins and outs, but you seem to think the same as me, so i dont need to do it anymore.

Maybe i would just make two changes:
Frimpong (loan) and last chance for Diaby (until January).

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
it's so refreshing to see us going for so many strikers. our finishing is woeful - it's painfully bad and it may just be the biggest thing separating us from trophies in the last few years. i know there's a lot made of our 'defensive' frailties, but it's a symptom of the underlying issue.

if our offensive quality isn't enough to turn possession/passing game into a winning style, then there's a problem with finishing. it makes the most sense especially since we had a world class playmaker - creativity is the least of our problems, we can pass, we have fast wingers, so only finishing explains our offensive failings.

and defense builds on offense. our team gets unnecessary pressure because we can't finish teams off and make bad decisions when it would be better to keep the ball.

Anzac

Established Member
mavelous said:
it's so refreshing to see us going for so many strikers. our finishing is woeful - it's painfully bad and it may just be the biggest thing separating us from trophies in the last few years. i know there's a lot made of our 'defensive' frailties, but it's a symptom of the underlying issue.

if our offensive quality isn't enough to turn possession/passing game into a winning style, then there's a problem with finishing. it makes the most sense especially since we had a world class playmaker - creativity is the least of our problems, we can pass, we have fast wingers, so only finishing explains our offensive failings.

and defense builds on offense. our team gets unnecessary pressure because we can't finish teams off and make bad decisions when it would be better
to keep the ball.

Agreed - me thinks it's a consequence of going to a lone striker when we pushed Fabregas into AMC as playmaker rather than having a SS.
IMO we can do with improvement across the board.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Absolutely agreed, people can talk all they want about our defensive frailties, but we were routinely totalling 60%+ possession per game, and only having a goal or two to show for it, thus failing to make our dominance pay. The truth is that we always lacked a world class striker and penetrative dribblers to supplement our passing game. We managed to gain both last season, only to then lose our main passing players.

musicmonkey

Established Member
I'm surprised only Newcastle are in for Debuchy, £4m seems reasonable. Unlikely to want to sit on the bench though. I think it's a nightmare finding good fullbacks these days, even United have played Jones as a makeshift one last season so i can't see us improving at LB.

Anzac

Established Member
mavelous said:
i also want ganso, like immediately. he's a bit.. zidanesque.

Ahead of Cazorla/Sahin???
And would you play Ganso as CM or AM???
Would you change our midfield shape & roles???

However agreed - would like to bring some sexy back.

Top Bottom