• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Vela

Established Member
If we sell van Persie for 23-25 Million we could buy Jovetic with the money. Arsenal haven't spent none of there transfer budget for this season far. They money we've spent on Giroud, Podoslki and Cazorla has come from the Queensland Road profit.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
considering we purchased 3 players for 35+m already, what makes you think selling RvP for 20m is going to do anything but pay for those transfers? have you met our board?

i should have phrased that better, we probably can 'afford' him, but we wont pay that much

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
We probably need Jovetic more than Sahin anyway.

Hope Wenger can see this

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Our squad for next season, over aged players (17 max) in RED, homegrown (8 min) in GREEN and U21's who don't count in BLUE.

Goalkeepers: Fabianski, Szczesny, Mannone, Martinez
Defenders: Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Santos, Taylor, Djourou, Gibbs, Miquel, Bartley, Yennaris
Midfielders: Diaby, Rosicky, Arteta, Cazorla, Sahin, Ramsey, Song, Wilshere, Coquelin, Frimpong
Forwards: Gervinho, Podolski, Giroud, Chamakh, Arshavin, Walcott, Ox

In: Sahin (loan) Neil Taylor
Out: Van Persie, Park, Squillaci, Bendtner, Ryo (loan)

With them players leaving and Sahin and Taylor brought in, we'd still have room for one more over aged player (two or three if Arshavin/Chamakh leave) but we're quite short on homegrown players, that's why Mannone is still there. :evil:

Anzac

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
That's a good front 6 but City's is still better imo. Silva is ahead of Cazorla for Spain for a reason, Toure is better than untested Sahin and Arteta. Obviously RvP is one of the very best but Giroud is also untested versus the likes of Aguero and Tevez who are proven top quality in this league.

Agreed as it stands City ARE better & remain the bench mark,
however there is no reason why we would not be capable of taking 3 points off any of them, CFC or ManU.
As for the title IMO CFC not only have the sme bedding in issues as us, but they also still have more gaps/issues to resolve,
whilst ManU still have issues & like CFC their CBs are succeptable to pace & a quick counter.

Anzac

Established Member
THunter said:
Our squad for next season, over aged players (17 max) in RED, homegrown (8 min) in GREEN and U21's who don't count in BLUE.

Goalkeepers: Fabianski, Szczesny, Mannone, Martinez
Defenders: Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Santos, Taylor, Djourou, Gibbs, Miquel, Bartley, Yennaris
Midfielders: Diaby, Rosicky, Arteta, Cazorla, Sahin, Ramsey, Song, Wilshere, Coquelin, Frimpong
Forwards: Gervinho, Podolski, Giroud, Chamakh, Arshavin, Walcott, Ox

In: Sahin (loan) Neil Taylor
Out: Van Persie, Park, Squillaci, Bendtner, Ryo (loan)

With them players leaving and Sahin and Taylor brought in, we'd still have room for one more over aged player (two or three if Arshavin/Chamakh leave) but we're quite short on homegrown players, that's why Mannone is still there. :evil:

You forgot Jenkinson = HG.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Heard a rumour that Porto are launching an offcial complaint against Atheltico apparently they still owe a fair amount of overdue money for Falcao . These could be in trouble next , maybe we should hover over them for Falcao ?

Segway

celestis said:
Heard a rumour that Porto are launching an offcial complaint against Atheltico apparently they still owe a fair amount of overdue money for Falcao . These could be in trouble next , maybe we should hover over them for Falcao ?

That would be AMAZING! Fantastic player.

N'Koulou as Ibby suggests would be fantastic as well. Was a beast when we played Marseille last season.

Segway

celestis said:

That would be AMAZING! Fantastic player.

N'Koulou as Ibby suggests would be fantastic as well. Was a beast when we played Marseille last season.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Ogbonna would be good as he can play centre back and left back.

He also plays for Torino, so would likely not object to moving away from his club and would probably cost around £9million? (just an estimate)

Buhry

Established Member

Vela said:
If we sell van Persie for 23-25 Million we could buy Jovetic with the money. Arsenal haven't spent none of there transfer budget for this season far. They money we've spent on Giroud, Podoslki and Cazorla has come from the Queensland Road profit.

I've heard that palermo want to sell cavani for 35 million euros = roughly 27 million pounds, could probably negotiate it down a bit if we wanted him though.

There are some options out there if rvp does leave and we get some decent money for him. However I doubt we'll actually go for an established top player to replace him if our recent history is anything to go by.

A guy like jovetic for 24 million would be great though, but seems a bit unrealistic for us to spend that much.

Vela

Established Member
Fiorentina have an agreement with Jovetic if an offer worth 30m euros comes in they would accept it and then it would be up to Jovetic.

qs

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Vela said:
Fiorentina have an agreement with Jovetic if an offer worth 30m euros comes in they would accept it and then it would be up to Jovetic.

Would you swap RvP for Jovetic? (assuming we were to sell RvP and then buy Jovetic with the money)

God no.

qs

Established Member
Buhry said:
I've heard that palermo want to sell cavani for 35 million euros = roughly 27 million pounds

I'm not sure Napoli would be too happy about that.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Vela said:

Would you swap RvP for Jovetic? (assuming we were to sell RvP and then buy Jovetic with the money)

Buhry

Established Member

qs said:
Buhry said:
I've heard that palermo want to sell cavani for 35 million euros = roughly 27 million pounds

I'm not sure Napoli would be too happy about that.

:lol: Got the clubs mixed up there. They probably wouldn't be too happy no.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Jovetic is brilliant but we have more than enough forwards(whether it's good enough is another matter) so I doubt there'll be any movement even if Robin leaves. I see Jovetic as a supporting forward ala Suarez in a free role starting from wide/deep, won't happen. Seen him play centrally too but meh, no point getting worked up about it.

We're pissing in the wind if we keep selling players like RVP, Song, Walcott.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
My wish list now is not selling rvp to manure, and give new contracts to walcott and song.

eye4goal

Established Member
fabo said:
We're pissing in the wind if we keep selling players like RVP, Song, Walcott.

We can't afford to lose both RVP and Theo on a free next summer. We'll have to sell one of them.

Top Bottom