The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

24m? = yes we can.

Just that we're jammed up with dross/surplus to requirements that we can't shift to fit him in within current wage budget.

Not wanting debt etc is all well and good except for when it impinges upon your ability to secure top quality at a bargain price.
    Sometimes you need to sieze the opportunity & THEN sort out the fine print. :wink:

2. Vela

Vela Member

If we sell van Persie for 23-25 Million we could buy Jovetic with the money. Arsenal haven't spent none of there transfer budget for this season far. They money we've spent on Giroud, Podoslki and Cazorla has come from the Queensland Road profit.

3. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

considering we purchased 3 players for 35+m already, what makes you think selling RvP for 20m is going to do anything but pay for those transfers? have you met our board?

i should have phrased that better, we probably can 'afford' him, but we wont pay that much

4. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

We probably need Jovetic more than Sahin anyway.

Hope Wenger can see this

5. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Our squad for next season, over aged players (17 max) in RED, homegrown (8 min) in GREEN and U21's who don't count in BLUE.

Goalkeepers: Fabianski, Szczesny, Mannone, Martinez
    Defenders: Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Santos, Taylor, Djourou, Gibbs, Miquel, Bartley, Yennaris
    Midfielders: Diaby, Rosicky, Arteta, Cazorla, Sahin, Ramsey, Song, Wilshere, Coquelin, Frimpong
    Forwards: Gervinho, Podolski, Giroud, Chamakh, Arshavin, Walcott, Ox

In: Sahin (loan) Neil Taylor
    Out: Van Persie, Park, Squillaci, Bendtner, Ryo (loan)

With them players leaving and Sahin and Taylor brought in, we'd still have room for one more over aged player (two or three if Arshavin/Chamakh leave) but we're quite short on homegrown players, that's why Mannone is still there. :evil:

6. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

Agreed as it stands City ARE better & remain the bench mark,
    however there is no reason why we would not be capable of taking 3 points off any of them, CFC or ManU.
    As for the title IMO CFC not only have the sme bedding in issues as us, but they also still have more gaps/issues to resolve,
    whilst ManU still have issues & like CFC their CBs are succeptable to pace & a quick counter.

7. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

You forgot Jenkinson = HG.

8. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Replaced him with Taylor, Jenkinson can go on loan.

9. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Heard a rumour that Porto are launching an offcial complaint against Atheltico apparently they still owe a fair amount of overdue money for Falcao . These could be in trouble next , maybe we should hover over them for Falcao ?

10. Segway

Segway New Member

That would be AMAZING! Fantastic player.

N'Koulou as Ibby suggests would be fantastic as well. Was a beast when we played Marseille last season.

11. Segway

Segway New Member

That would be AMAZING! Fantastic player.

N'Koulou as Ibby suggests would be fantastic as well. Was a beast when we played Marseille last season.

12. Pea-Tear-Griffin

Pea-Tear-Griffin New Member

Ogbonna would be good as he can play centre back and left back.

He also plays for Torino, so would likely not object to moving away from his club and would probably cost around £9million? (just an estimate)

13. Buhry

Buhry New Member

I've heard that palermo want to sell cavani for 35 million euros = roughly 27 million pounds, could probably negotiate it down a bit if we wanted him though.

There are some options out there if rvp does leave and we get some decent money for him. However I doubt we'll actually go for an established top player to replace him if our recent history is anything to go by.

A guy like jovetic for 24 million would be great though, but seems a bit unrealistic for us to spend that much.

14. Vela

Vela Member

Fiorentina have an agreement with Jovetic if an offer worth 30m euros comes in they would accept it and then it would be up to Jovetic.

15. qs

qs New Member Elite

God no.

16. qs

qs New Member Elite

I'm not sure Napoli would be too happy about that.

17. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Would you swap RvP for Jovetic? (assuming we were to sell RvP and then buy Jovetic with the money)

18. Buhry

Buhry New Member

:lol: Got the clubs mixed up there. They probably wouldn't be too happy no.

19. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

Jovetic is brilliant but we have more than enough forwards(whether it's good enough is another matter) so I doubt there'll be any movement even if Robin leaves. I see Jovetic as a supporting forward ala Suarez in a free role starting from wide/deep, won't happen. Seen him play centrally too but meh, no point getting worked up about it.

We're pissing in the wind if we keep selling players like RVP, Song, Walcott.

20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

My wish list now is not selling rvp to manure, and give new contracts to walcott and song.