• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If Jovetic came in and RVP really wanted to leave then i'd wave him goodbye to be honest even to Man U.

Vela

Established Member
According to WhoScored Jovetic got nine goals last season in eighteen games playing as the centre-forwad for Fiorentina.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
mo50 said:
Walcott is bound to have the season of his life isn't he?

Yeah, probably his turn. Contract up in 24 months, the annual loss of our best attacker (who had the season of his life the season before).. think it's him, the year after it should be Gervinho or Oxlade-Chamberlain.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
truth_hurts said:
If Jovetic came in and RVP really wanted to leave then i'd wave him goodbye to be honest even to Man U.

That's the sort of response I was expecting to my post. Not too sure quite how good Jovetic is as I don't watch Serie A any more but the general opinion seems to be that he is likely to be world class very soon.

It is a lack of abundance of good players that is causing this "poverty mindset" amongst our fans. Poverty in terms of world class players, if you know what I mean. If we were replacing RvP with someone better or as good then it wouldn't be an issue at all, like when Atletico replaced Aguero with Falcao for instance.

ebouenolike

Established Member
jones said:
Yeah, probably his turn. Contract up in 24 months, the annual loss of our best attacker (who had the season of his life the season before).. think it's him, the year after it should be Gervinho or Oxlade-Chamberlain.

It's up in 12 months.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
jones said:
mo50 said:
Walcott is bound to have the season of his life isn't he?

If he is ever our best attacker then we have far greater problems then losing one player every season.

truth_hurts

DJ_Markstar said:
truth_hurts said:

That's the sort of response I was expecting to my post. Not too sure quite how good Jovetic is as I don't watch Serie A any more but the general opinion seems to be that he is likely to be world class very soon.

It is a lack of abundance of good players that is causing this "poverty mindset" amongst our fans. Poverty in terms of world class players, if you know what I mean. If we were replacing RvP with someone better or as good then it wouldn't be an issue at all, like when Atletico replaced Aguero with Falcao for instance.

Massive fish in a small pond a little like Zlatan at Ajax, with the right move Jovetic could put himself amongst the elite of Europe. He may need some adaption time but he'd be a great signing even for 23m. Ideally he'd play as a number 10 just off the striker in a 4-4-2 but not sure that would be our style.

truth_hurts

New wishlist now Cazorla has been signed.

In: Gordon Free, Bosingwa Free, Sahin Loan, Sturride/Jovetic 10m/23m

10 - 23m

Out: Fabianski 2m, Jenkinson Loan, Squillaci 2m Ramsey Loan, Lansbury 3m, Park 4m, Bendtner 8m, Chamakh 5m, Arshavin 7m, RVP 20m abroad

51M and a lot of wages saved. I'd happily keep RVP though as long as he doesn't push for a move and see how Campbell and Afobe get on.

eye4goal

Established Member
Like the look of Monaco's Yannick Carrasco. First saw him in a pre-season friendly against Newcastle and he reminds me of a young RVP. He is quicker but has a similar style of play(takes a good free-kick too)

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
eye4goal said:
Like the look of Monaco's Yannick Carrasco. First saw him in a pre-season friendly against Newcastle and he reminds me of a young RVP. He is quicker but has a similar style of play(takes a good free-kick too)

Would love him here, didn't know about the friendly against Newcastle so I'm surprised anybody has taken notice of him :p Hope Pardew doesn't get his greasy fingers on him, huge talent from the little I've seen from him.

Anzac

Established Member
jones said:
eye4goal said:

Would love him here, didn't know about the friendly against Newcastle so I'm surprised anybody has taken notice of him :p Hope Pardew doesn't get his greasy fingers on him, huge talent from the little I've seen from him.

May not be so easy to sign players from Monaco unless they want them to go,
now that they have their rich Russian owner worth about 9bn.

Mudi

If I was manager of Arsenal right now, I would do these changes:

Sell:
  • Song for £15m + Thiago
    RVP for £24m
    Walcott for £14m
    Ramsey for £6m
    Deadwoods: Chamakh, Park, Arshavin, Bendtner, Squillaci, Mannone, Lansbury, Bartley, Jenkinson
    (I don't give a sh*t how much we will get for these players, just offload them asap)

TOTAL: £59m

Buy:
  • M'Vila for £16m
    Thiago for free
    Niang for £6m
    Debuchy for £6m
    Sahin: £1m for loaning

TOTAL: £29m

Loan out:
  • Miquel
    Ryo
    Frimpong

Squad:
  • GK: Szczesny, Fabianski, Martinez
    RB: Sagna, Debuchy
    CB: Koscielny, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, DJ
    LB: Gibbs, Santos
    DM: M'Vila, Coquelin, Diaby
    CM: Arteta, Sahin, Wilshere
    AMC: Thiago, Wilshere, Diaby, Rosicky
    RW: Chamberlain, Gervinho, Rosicky
    LW: Cazorla, Podolski, Rosicky
    FW: Giroud, Podolski, Niang

Starting eleven:

• ------Chesney-------
    Sagna-Kos-Verm-Gibbs
    ---M'Vila-Arteta---
    Ox----Thiago----Cazorla
    ------Giroud--------
2nd team:

• -------Fabianski-------
    Debuchy-Mert-DJ-Santos
    -------Coq-Sahin-------
    Gerv----Wilshere----Rosicky
    --------Podolski--------

Okey, time to start playing FM :twisted:

mo50

Established Member
1 week left for the season to start, and you'd wish something as drastic as that?

In terms of important outgoing players, only RvP would be acceptable at this stage. Losing any more players would just be far too disruptive. We need to keep Song and Walcott for the sake of continuity.

If we finalize the Sahin loan that'd be us done for the summer, then it's time to sit back and see how Robin's situation unfolds. I think things will get quite ugly and he'll try to force his way out. Fergie's already got that train in motion.

The Escaped Ape

People who think we're going to get £15m plus Thiago for Song are seriously deluding themselves. I'm guessing we'd do well to get £15m alone for Song. It'd probably end up being £12m plus some add-ons.

From telling the world they were underrating Song in a fairly credible way, we've gone to seriously overrating him ourselves. Yes, he's a decent player who's had some stand-out moments this season, but he's not an exceptional DM, nor are his efforts as a b2b midfielder enough to make him first choice of available options for a club seeking to purchase. You could claim that his ability to have standout moments in both roles makes him attractive, but it's also his ability to have brainfcuk moments in both that mean he's a fine talent, not the best around.

I realise that Rennes were asking for silly money for M'Vila and people maybe be mentally price-setting on that basis, but it's quite notable that the price Rennes set seems to have scared off suitors, not generated excitement.

Mudi

Is Song £15m + Thiago worth? Hell no!

Can we get £15m + Thiago? Maybe!

People forget that we have everything in our hands. Don't be the ***** of Barca, make Barca your ***** and ask them a deal where we will win and not they.

The Escaped Ape

Mudi said:
Is Song £15m + Thiago worth? Hell no!

Can we get £15m + Thiago? Maybe!

People forget that we have everything in our hands. Don't be the ***** of Barca, make Barca your ***** and ask them a deal where we will win and not they.

We don't have good form on this do we? I mean, aside from when we sell players to Man City.

Top Bottom