• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Mudi

The Escaped Ape said:
Mudi said:
Is Song £15m + Thiago worth? Hell no!

Can we get £15m + Thiago? Maybe!

People forget that we have everything in our hands. Don't be the ***** of Barca, make Barca your ***** and ask them a deal where we will win and not they.

We don't have good form on this do we? I mean, aside from when we sell players to Man City.

No, we don't. We can't do the same as Man Utd or AC Milan.

We even helped City on that deals. They were great for us, but they were also great for City because they had to start with building with some big names. Toure and Adebayor were the big names to attract other big names. We helped City to build and now, we are crying that they are too strong.

Should we change our filosophy? Hell yeah, we are not more the desperate team to make profit. So don't be the ***** anymore, make the other teams your ***** (like Milan and Man Utd do).

Buhry

Established Member

Younes Belhanda. I know there was a thread about him a while back, he looks like a super talented up and coming attacking midfielder. Scored 12 goals and had 5 assists for montpelier last season, and he's only 22 still. Looked at some videos and youtube and he looks very talented. New Nasri, but more of a goal threat? Was nominated for ligue 1 player of the year last season. Hazard won that one, belhanda became young player of the season though.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah9AHU1EQno" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah9AHU1EQno</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not that I think we're gonna sign any AM's after getting cazorla and having wilshere coming back soon enough though. But he'd be better than diaby and ramsey and probably rosicky, and maybe we could play him on the wing pires style.

Belhanda, sahin and a new fullback or 2 and we'd have an amazing squad 8))

Meanwhile on earth...

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Don't feel we need Belhanda at all now we have Cazorla and wouldn't want to lose the directness of Theo, Ox, Podolski or Gervinho to have Cazorla or Belhanda on the wing.

Anzac

Established Member
Metro has us linked to a bid for Isco with Malaga supposedly wanting 8m.
No quotes & have seen ManU linked previously.

iced22

I'd love Belhanda and would take him over Isco, but tbh both links should have died the moment Cazorla became available.

It'll probably be next summer if we ever make a move for either of them, assuming they're still on the market.

Anzac

Established Member
Me thinks Belhanda suits Song's/Diaby's B2B role,
whilst Isco is one for the future like Wilshere, Rambo, Eisfeld.

Impact

Established Member
Anzac, do you believe Belhanda is defensively astute enough to play in that role? Furthermore, considering his breakthrough in recent seasons playing as an attacking midfielder would it not be a waste of his talent?

leo_ense

Established Member
Impact said:
Anzac, do you believe Belhanda is defensively astute enough to play in that role? Furthermore, considering his breakthrough in recent seasons playing as an attacking midfielder would it not be a waste of his talent?

He started out as a DM, so he should have some defensive upside.

Impact

Established Member
I'm well aware but starting out in a position doesn't necessarily dictate you should return to that position.

Anzac

Established Member
Impact said:
I'm well aware but starting out in a position doesn't necessarily dictate you should return to that position.

But he wouldn't be returning to the DM position - Song plays B2B ball winner NOT DM.

TBH I've not seen him play - just going of what I've read both here & elsewhere.
He seems very much like Song in that he started deeper but showed an ability going forward,
but still retains the defensive capability.

Personally I'd prefer a DM/deep playmaker/Anchorman sitting behind the CMs so as to have the 2 CMs always supporting one another etc.

Bossa

Established Member
I've always like Nene from PSG. I think that we should try and sign him now that PSG have so many players ahead of him.

iced22

Anzac said:
Impact said:

But he wouldn't be returning to the DM position - Song plays B2B ball winner NOT DM.

TBH I've not seen him play - just going of what I've read both here & elsewhere.
He seems very much like Song in that he started deeper but showed an ability going forward,
but still retains the defensive capability.

Personally I'd prefer a DM/deep playmaker/Anchorman sitting behind the CMs so as to have the 2 CMs always supporting one another etc.

Based on what I've seen, he's a lot more offensive minded than Song. His biggest selling point is his dribbling, coupled with a solid eye for a pass, some nice close control, and a good shot. Pretty good pace too, but he's not terribly good out wide, as he struggled on the right for Morocco at the ANC. Montpellier's manager compared him to Pires actually.

I think he's got all the tools to be a great playmaker, as his problems are mainly mental(his temper kinda stands out). In terms of footballing ability, he's got plenty.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Belhanda is absolutely nothing like Song, just a good midfielder who can do a job there too. From his Montpellier games I'd say he's more of a #8 than #6. You could somewhat compare him to Nasri, the latter is clearly better on the wing as I don't rate Belhanda there, but he's much more direct wherever he plays than Nasri, never afraid to take a shot on goal. Shows a lot of composure on the ball at 22 already.

Agree that his problems are mainly in his head, happens often with talented young footballers, should sort it out soon though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Controversial but I think Diaby is better than Belhanda and we already have Cazorla so would be an unessential signing.

iced22

truth_hurts said:
Controversial but I think Diaby is better than Belhanda and we already have Cazorla so would be an unessential signing.

Eh, I think Belhanda matches Diaby on the dribbling front, while Diaby has never shown a third of Belhanda's passing ability.

Diaby's only advantage is his physicality, which I think he uses too sporadically. He's too happy to just play a technical game, even though he has the potential for both. Ah well, brainless is brainless.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

jones said:
Right, mixed something up there. Well, no breakthrough season for Theo then, I guess.
With all the focus on RVP its kinda worrying that

A/ Theo is in the exact same position
B/ He could slip away very easily
C/ We have completely dismantled our attacking options
D/ We could potentially lose Theo, RVP and Song all in a short space of time
E/ We already lost three top players last season.
F/ Im fed up living in ground hog day.

Buhry

Established Member

Guys like belhanda and isco we have to sign while they are still young and somewhat unproven, or they'll end up being another Hazard were they are out of our pricing range with bigger clubs looking at them.

Wait a year and you'll have clubs like city trying to sign them if they keep improving.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
We really don't need Belhanda and we won't sign him so give up guys.

What Anzac really wants in his description, one player fits it perfectly. Sahin

Top Bottom